Sign in to follow this  
HawkkZ

DayZ uses more CPU or GPU?

Hey guys, title says all my question.

I've made this question, cuz' there are a lot of sites that says DayZ use much more CPU than GPU and there are other sites that says DayZ use much more GPU than CPU.

So what's right?

More CPU than GPU.

OR

More GPU than CPU.

Can I get a third option?

• Like 1

The game only uses one core of the cpu on a very cpu intensive game (it'll be optimized in time). A high single core clock speed is what will make all the difference.

• Like 1

The game only uses one core of the cpu on a very cpu intensive game (it'll be optimized in time). A high single core clock speed is what will make all the difference.

What about an AMD FX-6300 Six core with an Gtx 750ti.

Do you think I can get e nice fps performance? Something like 30-60 in the lowest settings?

Edit: Thanks for your answear.

Edited by HawkkZ

Hey guys, title says all my question.

I've made this question, cuz' there are a lot of sites that says DayZ use much more CPU than GPU and there are other sites that says DayZ use much more GPU than CPU.

So what's right?

More CPU than GPU.

OR

More GPU than CPU.

Very little of both, it refuses....

• Like 1

Very little of both, it refuses....

Do you think I can get e nice fps performance? Something like 30-60 in the lowest settings?

Thanks for your answear! <3

That would be a very capable machine, but to be clear no one is getting great frames atm. Its still WIP

EDIT: it will play very well. Well for dayz is not the same as well for other games ATM. Its gonna get better though.

Edited by B@ker
  • Like 1

That would be a very capable machine, but to be clear no one is getting great frames atm. Its still WIP

EDIT: it will play very well. Well for dayz is not the same as well for other games ATM. Its gonna get better though.

Thank you again!

But do you think I'll can play with something like 30-40fps in LOWEST settings? Or I'll get serious FPS problems?

Thanks so much!

Edited by HawkkZ

Thank you again!

But do you think I'll can play with something like 30-40fps in LOWEST settings? Or I'll get serious FPS problems?

Thanks so much!

You're not asking me but I'm answering anyways ;). You will probably get a pretty desent fps when you're in small towns, forests ect. It's in the big cities like Cherno or Electro where it starts to get real nasty if you know what I mean. My friend who has a GeForce GTX 970 got around 12-16 in electro with medium settings so maybe it's playable. But as it is right know. It doesn't matter what system you have since the game is not optimized :)
  • Like 1

Thank you again!

Thanks so much!

You can most likley play with those on mostly high settings until you get into an area where there are a ton of objects like cities. But so do the rest of us. I have a 4930k 32 gb of ram and a gtx 780 and she is brought to her knees by novo

Thank you again!

Thanks so much!

With the proper tweaks I could get those frames with a worse rig. In cities you will probably have big problems, but that's it, rest should be decent.

That is literally my build. I get 18-20 at worst in large towns and cities, but it mostly hangs around 25 in cities.

That is with 'Objects' at low. Graphics changes make little or no difference, in fact, raising them seems to improve fps. It takes the load off the CPU and puts it onto the GPU where it belongs.

Edited by Alldaypk

I have an overclocked (@4.2Gz) Octacore 8320 and the game only uses one core of that and never more than 80% of that core.

My FPS is similar to Alldaypk's.

Edited by ricp

This game is almost all single core CPU at the moment, and later on it'll likely still be heavily dependent on CPU performance.

I personally don't think it's worth it, but if you plan on making DayZ the one and only game you play then it would probably be worth your money to go with an intel I5 or I7. Yes, DayZ and Arma require a $300 dollar CPU to run at anything close to 60FPS and yes, I think it is pretty stupid, too. Hopefully it changes, at least in the case of DayZ.

The developers say they're planning a port to PS4 eventually, if that is the case then we might finally get some AMD optimization, as the PS4 runs an eight core AMD CPU running at an absolutely pitiful clock speed.

• Like 1