yazz1234567

I have no idea what I am doing

Everyone here is saying that the standalone sucks and the mod is so much better. well guess what, I decided to give the mod a try. I bought it then download it only to be sent to a menu where I have no idea what the fuck is going on. There were no server first of all, and when I clicked host and started a server, it just froze on the Chernarus map. Then I tried looking up a tutorial on how to set up the game, and all I found was outdated websites that told me what I should have done 3 years ago. But I just have one question, how do I set up the mod? Even when I got DayZ Commander all I found was 50+ other mods for DayZ Mod (lel) and when I join a server it either kicks or tells me I have an outdated version even though I just updated it. Please help and make this not a waste of money.

Only steps necessary:

1. Buy ARMA 2 on Steam
  2. Download ARMA 2 from Steam
  3. Launch ARMA 2 through Steam
  4. Buy ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead on Steam
  5. Download ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead from Steam
  6. Launch ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead through Steam
  7. Download ARMA 2: DayZ Mod from Steam
  8. Launch ARMA 2: DayZ Mod through Steam

From there, just click on the Multiplayer-Button and it will take you to a server-browser that is quite similar to the one SA is using.

On there, search for servers that are running 1.8.3, as that is the current version at this point.

Alternatively, click on "Remote" and fill out the exact IP and Port of servers you already know.

I suggest one of these two (one is US and one EU - any of them will do no matter where you live):

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/88.150.214.210:2402/

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/198.27.83.122:2342/

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 5

1. Buy ARMA 2 on Steam
  2. Download ARMA 2 from Steam
  3. Launch ARMA 2 through Steam
  4. Buy ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead on Steam
  5. Download ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead from Steam
  6. Launch ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead through Steam
  7. Download ARMA 2: DayZ Mod from Steam
  8. Launch ARMA 2: DayZ Mod through Steam

I Have to launch ALL 3 programs to make it work.???

All I get when I try to join is the Following Picture.

o0xh87.jpg

If you're using DayZ Commander, all you need to do is check "Hide Wrong Mod Version" in the filters on the left.

If you have more than one mod installed, you can also pick which mod you want to see servers for.

FYI: DayZCommander doesn't work anymore and should not be used.

DayZMod is being distributed via Steam and only Steam is supported.

• Like 2

I launched it from steam and it seemed to work perfectly, 
I guess I was doing something wrong. Thanks for your help :D

• Like 1

All I get when I try to join is the Following Picture.

I can't see anything in that picture of yours, as it's too small.

How exactly are you launching the Mod and what server are you joining?

To join a server, launch DayZ Mod from Steam and click on "Multiplayer" in the menu after it opened. Then click on "Filter" at the bottom and make sure it's set to search in the "Internet".

In the filter, search for 388 and tell me if you can join.

I Have to launch ALL 3 programs to make it work.???

Yes, but not at the same time.

Arma2 and Arma2 OA needs to be launched once after they have been downloaded, then closed again.

After that, all you need to do is launch DayZMod.

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you have to bring DayZMod to the latest beta within steam or within a launcher?!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you have to bring DayZMod to the latest beta within steam or within a launcher?!

You're wrong. :P

The latest version already is included in the download of ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead. There is no Beta-Version anymore.

• Like 2

Ok so after 1.8.3 came out, nothing updated itself. I had to manually bring the mod (not OA) to the new latest beta in steam.

Just making sure, because I installed DayZ on a buddy's PC and the mod came without the latest beta.

While in steam right click on arma2OA goto properties then beta tab and select beta. This will make sure arma stays upto date with the newest beta's they release.

Then to launch dayzmod just double click the dayzmod game it will auto launch the beta. 

• Like 2

I can't see anything in that picture of yours, as it's too small.

How exactly are you launching the Mod and what server are you joining?

To join a server, launch DayZ Mod from Steam and click on "Multiplayer" in the menu after it opened. Then click on "Filter" at the bottom and make sure it's set to search in the "Internet".

In the filter, search for 388 and tell me if you can join.

No Clue why it came out so small..  I use Steam.

And have Arma2+British armed forces+Operation Arrowhead+DayZmod+Private Military Company.

I launch Arma2 DayZ mod from the list. It opens like Dayz standalone. With a menu on the left I select Multiplayer. This onens a long list mostly Yellow Dots or Red Question marks.

Currently trying to get the beta

I tried inputting 388 and got nothing.

Edited by Destructo_Brat

The advice in this thread is top class and just what a new player of the mod needs.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Great post, truly.. 

Since I am on a rather extended leave from Dayz, I had thoughts of taking the time to re-install the mod, so when I do come back I can play both (I haven't played the mod in 8+ months due to an older PC build and being lazy about re-installing the dayz mod). As Ive thought of doing this I had some questions: what the community is like currently, what the build is like currently (1.8.3, I have read the notes.. but just am looking for a quick, informed description from someone who knows), and are there versions of the build that are popular currently outside of the vanilla mod (not including anything even closely related to Epoch, I really dislike the mods that are too far off from the vanilla version to be honest. DayZero was about as far away from the vanilla mod I ever strayed.)

If anyone could just give me a quick fill in I would greatly appreciate it. At anytime.. no rush, as I wont be playing for at least a month or 2 the way I see it now.

Thanks for the help if any can be offered  :)