airborneguy

---ATTENTION ALL SERVER HOSTERS---

Hmmm.. so people that are paying for public servers are booting players and breaking the rules.

No. What's happening in this case and what OP is indicating is a problem is people are paying for public servers and then booting anyone who joins them that's not one of their friends. That's not allowed. In the past week there's been at least 3 different servers I joined where I was repeatedly kicked within a minute or so of logging in. That's not allowed.

No. What's happening in this case and what OP is indicating is a problem is people are paying for public servers and then booting anyone who joins them that's not one of their friends. That's not allowed. In the past week there's been at least 3 different servers I joined where I was repeatedly kicked within a minute or so of logging in. That's not allowed.

Isn't that what he said?

I see, Yes that is an official server not a private / master shard huge difference.

They do not have that right at all.

Not to keep the topic going but here is the rules incase some don't know where they are.

Public shard

You may perform the following actions on your server

o Restart server

o Kick abusive players (harassment, cheating, exploiting bugs)

 Be aware that this can tread a fine line, and if you are found to be violating this rule your server may be disabled until the issue can be addressed.

o Turn the server off

Private Shard

o Restart server

o Kick players

o Ban players

o Lock/Unlock Server

o View BEC Logs

o Turn the server off

Edited by FIRMSneakydude
  • Like 2

Deal is they are paying half the rate I am, and given the same or they think the same privileges I have.

That's not going to go over well with the private hosting servers.

just saying.

Sign me up!!! where is the list :)

Edited by FIRMSneakydude

My server I only boot hackers but haven't met any yet, people who can't be arsed putting in a name or named themselves admin would the last two be against server rules

My server I only boot hackers but haven't met any yet, people who can't be arsed putting in a name or named themselves admin would the last two be against server rules

A lot of times if you see the name Admin is because steam or the game itself, not sure which one it is, will be named after your computer and there are quite a few people who just leave their computers as Admin.  They aren't using the name to spite you or anyone who hosts a server.  As for the blank name I could have sworn it wasn't allowed anymore but I believe you are not allowed to kick for those.

Even though it's private and no password?

I haven't really read too much about the private servers but apparently you can kick people without any reason according to this. http://dayz.com/files/pdf/Server_Hosting_Rules_Private.pdf

Keep in mind that you could have a very lonely server if you feel the need to randomly kick people and word gets around.  I for one wouldn't play on anybodies server who just kicks people because they feel like it.

Even though it's private and no password?

No this only applies to public. Private they can kick whoever they want, password it, theres even a whitelisting tool to auto kick non-friends.

I didn't know about the admin thing and computers, but if they can't be arsed putting in a in-game name that grips my sh#t

I don't just randomly kick players I let them know in the message of the day! it's their choice and in none of my posts did I say when I when I felt like it.

Edited by sheppy10

I reported 4 more servers last night for server abuse. It's a little tedious but if I can report 5 per day I think we can get this mess cleaned up.

• Like 5

I have also reported some server, but the answer from the hosting site was: "Please note that this is now a private matter between us and the server owner. We cannot issue any updates on any action we may take."

I periodically monitored the server, and it is still up and running. :(

I wanted to bump this for all those admins and players. Follow the damn rules.

I followed a friends request to check out such a such server last night, and I screenshot the owners whom are kicking / admins. Server name and IP I reported it to the correct authorities.

I too was booted and so was 5 other players or more. SS shows 2 left which are the admins.

I am an admin of 2 masters, 1 slave private shard and I am yet to kick one player. You own a public hive you have no rights to boot a player, so stop. Your not getting away with farming the heli spawns.

I made sure of that.

I concur that this is happening, and I too have no problems sending it off as a private owner, I pay much more then you do for that right and have yet to do it to anyone.

http://www.dayzoverlay.com/report/

11wdffp.jpg

2h6gaw5.jpg

Just remove the feature of kicking people. The only persons who should be kicked are cheaters (and unaccaptable high pings). And you can't tell who's the/a cheater (when you see him you don't know the name and when you encounter 'anonymous' cheating activity, you also don't know the name).

The only reason why people are actually kicked is a safe high-end loot environment for the admins.

Just remove the feature of kicking people. The only persons who should be kicked are cheaters (and unaccaptable high pings). And you can't tell who's the/a cheater (when you see him you don't know the name and when you encounter 'anonymous' cheating activity, you also don't know the name). The only reason why people are actually kicked is a safe high-end loot environment for the admins.

and see my ping of 46... wasn't that was it? ya I wouldn't mind seeing all 3 of those servers public go poof. deserves them right. Its BS. and I was just checking it out to see if it was true.

The OP sounds like a douchebag. No one likes a tattle tell. I host my own server. Paid my own money and I will kick you for anything from KOSing to having a name or tag I find offensive.

This game should have a paid subscription fee each month.

• Like 1

The OP sounds like a douchebag. No one likes a tattle tell. I host my own server. Paid my own money and I will kick you for anything from KOSing to having a name or tag I find offensive.

whatever dude. I paid my own money to play this game. Tell me, once you get fully geared on your cosy server, do you stay there and roleplay with apple trees or you join other publics to ruin someone day with the gear you, imo, unfairly got by abusing your admins rights?

Wanna play alone? fine, buy a private one and enjoy being alone, because you can be for sure noone will join it after a few of those "i dont like your name" kicks.

Kicking people from a pub? Well, enjoy being reported.

Edited by halp
  • Like 2

Yes if its public from his other post, You cant just kick players on a public jackass.

Pay the same amount as I am and you can do what ever you want to do on private.

cause your 60 bucks doesn't equal my 138USD.

This game should have a paid subscription fee each month.

The OP is doing a great job of getting people like you loosing the servers. As someone clearly mentoned, there are specific rules when you host a server. It's not set by me, it's not set by the players, it's set by the company behind DayZ and I thik they are doing a great work. I can post it for you again. I think people should respect the rules.

Public shard

o Restart server

o Kick abusive players (harassment, cheating, exploiting bugs)

 Be aware that this can tread a fine line, and if you are found to be violating this rule your server may be disabled until the issue can be addressed.

o Turn the server off

Private Shard

o Restart server

o Kick players

o Ban players

o Lock/Unlock Server

o View BEC Logs

o Turn the server off

Nobody is forcing you to pay your money and host our own server. I really hope you have a private shard server, otherways If I somehow find out your server, I will record and report and I'm probably not the only one. If you cant handle geting killed, maybe this game is not for you then.

May I ask what would subscription fee help ? Currently hosting your own public server and kicking people for nothing makes this game PAY TO WIN. "I gear up on my own server without no fear of getting killed, I join another one and I have fun with my easy earned gear."

Anyway, I've reported many servers as well lately, some of them are gone by now, some of them have turned into private shard servers and I'm happy actually something is happening. Yes I agree hackers are annoying to deal with and get their names/accounts but I believe they are doing anything they can to make it better, this game is yet in alpha, keep that in mind. Under my 900+ hours, I've yet to come across any hackers,but I also play safe, and very rarely visit/stay at coast.

Another question is about whitelisted public servers. Even if they are under Public hive, are you able to join another Public servers with your char? Because I think a new way is to whitelist your server and even if the information says that you whitelist on this homepage, the homepage doesnt exist or is down. Anyone know more information about how it's working?

• Like 1

I could care less about being kicked from public servers, what annoys me greatly is having to wait a minute to join another server.

I'm coming out of left field on this one since I've never reported a server before- can some outline the things necessary to report a server doing this? Had it happen to me the other day where a clan was in a public server and I spawned in practically on top of them by fluke (my pub was in overwatch west of berezino). They kicked me within 5 minutes as I sat outside their tent camp with about 15 drybags in it.

What kind of info needs to be provided and to whom do I send it? The server provider or BI?

Sorry for noob question or if I've overlooked it in this thread.

Well I posted the link of one of the reporting links online.

http://www.dayzoverlay.com/report/

You have to sometimes send to every provider to find the hosting company.

Private is just that private, public has rules and those rules are very clear. To the Private hive they pay double to host a private hive with those rights. However when you have players all wanting to play in public and being booted constantly (which is happening) it needs to be cleaned up.

Most are not abusive admins btw, so please don't take it out on everyone. I am an admin, I just tested it to see if the same server was booting today.

Yep still happening just a new screenshot of it.

• Like 1

I'm my part of the world (China) 90% of the public servers will kick right after joining in. It has become a real plague and I'm slowly losing interest in the game.

Server Names even announce it in "romanized pin-yin"...

How to report the pricks?

Red