airborneguy

---ATTENTION ALL SERVER HOSTERS---

Here, o'l mighty server destroyer!

tumblr_inline_nh5j7ddYbd1rnqil8.gif

• Like 5

Good job though , regardless of needed sarcasm, id rather see people with this attitude, than the opposite where they say they will never report them because it's too much work !

• Like 3

See this is why I started playing on privates hives, too many admin kicking on publics for guild and friend loot farms. But coming here and gloating over getting servers closed down is a bit bush league to me. To each his/her own I guess

• Like 1

I had just sent a message to boneboys reporting that I also noticed this to be fairly rampant. My follow up was to make sure I get the IP:port of each one and document so that it can be followed up with which I hadn't had time to yet. Glad to see someone else who noticed the same thing is taking action. Kudos.

/join server_x

Waiting for host...

...Logged in

...Few minutes pass

You have been kicked from the server.

There's even a server where, in it's name, explicitly says you'll be kicked if you join, LOL

• Like 1

Good job though , regardless of needed sarcasm, id rather see people with this attitude, than the opposite where they say they will never report them because it's too much work !

It actually only takes about 20 minutes of work, that includes uploading a video. I have a actually had thankful replies from server hosting companies for doing this, because it is against their rules as well.This is the beginning of a new age!

• Like 1

Like this one, this may have been the one I saw. However I thought there was another as well.

Name: RANGER JASON CLAN SEVRER JOIN AND U WILL BE KICKED | Vilayer.co
Game: DayZ   Browse: DayZ Servers 
Address: 162.255.137.42   Port: 2302   Status: Dead 
Server Manager: None - Claim Now!

Hahahaha.this is as blatant as it gets. Poor fellows don't know how to read the rules I guess.

Edited by BigCountry101

It has come to my attention that players hosting their own servers are kicking people for NO apparent reason. It is now my duty to join servers to make sure this doesn't happen anymore. I have brought down 3 servers in one week, just by reporting them. This is your warning, I run under another name in game, so if you kick me from your server, numerous times, you will be reported for server abuse! I record everything by video and you WILL lose your server in accordance with the rules that have been put out by the Devs. I am sick and tired of people farming loot in this way! This is your warning, run the server within the parameters put out or don't run it at all. GLHF!

Sounds a bit like social justice warrior, but good job still.

Just remember to read the stickied threads about this. It doesn't help anyone to post this information here.

And when you do the appropriate thing and report them to the serverhosts they will be taken down.

• Like 1

Just remember to read the stickied threads about this. It doesn't help anyone to post this information here.

And when you do the appropriate thing and report them to the serverhosts they will be taken down.

It is really rude to kick players, on public hives.

Private well that's a different story. There is a reason why they are locked.

But if I find a hacker = boot don't give a flying fuck.

What do you mean? It's not only rude, it's against the terms of service and thus will result in your server being taken down. It merely doesn't make sense to report on here, as we Forum-peeps don't have power over them.

What do you mean? It's not only rude, it's against the terms of service and thus will result in your server being taken down. It merely doesn't make sense to report on here, as we Forum-peeps don't have power over them.

Yes that too against the rules.

Be careful with that. If someone reports you and has the supporting evidence then you will lose your server.if you combat this, make sure you can support it with evidence or the hacker will prevail. Someone tried doing this to me because he was just mad, so he told the hosting company that I was hacking. He couldn't produce evidence and then went dark. I win, and so does the community. Some players get butthurt and try to counter you. Just have a video on standby and you will win everytime!

Be careful with that. If someone reports you and has the supporting evidence then you will lose your server.if you combat this, make sure you can support it with evidence or the hacker will prevail. Someone tried doing this to me because he was just mad, so he told the hosting company that I was hacking. He couldn't produce evidence and then went dark. I win, and so does the community. Some players get butthurt and try to counter you. Just have a video on standby and you will win everytime!

If I can get my own way, server owners might have the tools to help submit screenshots of the hacks being used. Bans will be VAC ones, but whom knows what the future will hold.

I am all for this topic.

Just it isn't the right place, best to announce it to the companies.

Some players get butthurt and try to counter you. Just have a video on standby and you will win everytime!

This is very true big.

This is why server operators need screenshot tools with md5, and such checks so they can submit them to the right people. You should not be randomly banned for just joining these servers. That is just so wrong.

If I can get my own way, server owners might have the tools to help submit screenshots of the hacks being used. Bans will be VAC ones, but whom knows what the future will hold.

I am all for this topic.

Just it isn't the right place, best to announce it to the companies.

The server hosting companies will not do much about it. They done monitor people being kicked like this. It is our responsibility to report them and provide all necessary tools. I think this is a very good place to post, considering everyone and their mother monitors the general discussion section. They need to be reminded that they are not above anyone else, just because they have their own server.

If they are opening it to the public you cant just ban players. That's the agreement of my current server host. This is why I made our master shard private. The other server I am thinking of getting will be a whitelisted one setup. I think that's the best one could do, this will help combat the hacks until then.

What else can you do?

but to ban people and advertise as open public server, they didn't pay the month fees like everyone else does to lock it down. 

The server company deserves to shut them down LOL

Edited by FIRMSneakydude

To OP - thank you. We need a superhero in these difficult times - seriously.

Sounds like many have this issue. Sort of supprised

Sounds like many have this issue. Sort of supprised

You would be suprised at the amount of disregard. I am already starting to receive PMS from people with server names. I will check them out when I get home.

• Like 2

Hmmm.. so people that are paying for public servers are booting players and breaking the rules.

Yup id escalate that too.

I just didn't think it was so bad off, even 1-2 is understandable but more then that?

See I haven't had that problem yet playing on a public server.

Then again I have been locked away in the cellar for so long LOL