void.false@gmail.com

Been literally humiliated.

honestly this is a ridiculous thread... everyone missed the point the OP was stating on not THAT he got killed but HOW he got killed...

if the guy had just shot him dead then fine and dandy this thread wouldnt have started but he didnt... he pretty much got tortured. now im NOT by any means saying this wouldnt happen in a REAL situation' date=' but seriously... with no consequenses for actions like this in the game, people like the killer will continue to do this stuff until a lot of the community gets tired of it and stop playing, and im sure rocket and his team dont want to see that happen.

this sort of happening is hopefully going to be addressed in future patches (ie: moral consequenses for killing/murdering, or dividing that game to do pvp and non-pvp servers= and no toons from the opposite style server cant switch over). either that or there should be incentives to work together

this IS a survival game and yes in some situations something like this happens. another posted before saying something about being a lonewolf and shooting on sight increases his survival yes all good, but then theres people that sit and camp hotspots with a sniper rifle for the sole purpose of shooting other players and dont bother looting them and ignore the zeds completely. now im not sure but i dont think THAT is the sole purpose of this game either right? we need to have benifits and also consequenses to this mentality for both sides

i gotta give the OP props for NOT d/cing and i dont do it either... ill wait for death but come on is this REALLY needed? i guess this whole thing boils down to everyone has a right to their own opinion and each person has a different perspective

[/quote']

I agree, however anyone who kills strangers on sight is automatically labeled a CoDer, deathmatcher, etc. Because we A) Want their gear or B) don't want to expose ourselves to dying to them.

You have to realize that after awhile, simply surviving and raiding for gear will get stale, mostly because without the element of other players, it's very predictable. It's a sand-box style game and players are expected to make their own fun within it.

Also, i'm not a lone wolf. I play with a group of real life friends, so I don't need to cooperate with random survivors I run across. I personally feel in this situation it's only logical for me to behave as I do.

It's a completely survivalist mentality. I did comment on the OP in one of my posts, and I do enjoy reading the more amusing stories of player killing(such as that group of people who were kneecapping people, dragging them into pens, and throwing cans at them).

Whats so hard to get about that is that I am not playing dayz to kill other players' date=' i'm playing to be in a zombie apoc and hopefully one day there will be tools for me to set up a safe zone for players, who aren't cunts on my server.

[/quote']

What's so hard to get about that I am not playing DayZ to be a carebear, i'm playing to be in a zombie apoc and hopefully one day there will be tools for me to assault any safe zones players set up and then I can loot their dead bodies and drink their tears.

You need to wake up. a zombie apocalypse would be a dog-eat-dog world. There would be people like you, sure, who think the best thing to do is to work together for a brighter future. It's admirable, honestly. It would also get you killed.

The point is to survive. The best way to survive is to remove or avoid all threats. You need to stop acting like people who kill you are all 'mindless cod killers'. You are being killed to increase your killers chances of survival.

Of course there are stories like what happened to the OP. It is a video game at the end of the day and he chose to have fun while killing the OP. I've read a few, and this one wasn't particularly interesting, but others were.

You need to stop crying because you died in a PVP game.

but PVP isn't or shouldn't be the main focus in dayz which saddly it is, also I do which karma does bite all the "hardcore" bandits in the ass when some hacker comes along uses their guid and gets it banned.

and you know what I wouldn't die in a real apoc because of my friendlyness, most likely I'd be in a guard post and be over run by zeds at the dawn of the out break.

You're such a piece of shit. "Wah wah wah, I hate bandits.. I hope a hacker gets them banned!".

Are you fucking kidding me? You're a pathetic carebear, you have no idea how to play this game, and you should quit. I sincerely hope they make this game even MORE pro-bandit, so I can hear you whine more, because everybody would like a cup full of your tears.

You would die in the real apoc. Because i'd kill you. You whiney little bitch.

I love these "intellectuals" that assume people cannot be trusted before any sort of communication takes place thus perpetuating the ignorant opinion that everything must die.

What I find even more humorous is the hardcore leet pvp crowd insulting people willing to help/work with others and be accused of not knowing how to play the game. To those guilty of this you clearly dont get it.

In regards to the OP this is an inherent issue that emerges when game design does not have a precise consequence/reward system in place to guide player behavior. In DayZ there is zero consequence for killing fellow survivors therefore "why try" is the attitude most players have adopted. Besides you want to keep your stuff and you always want more stuff! why work hard for it? why work with others and have to share it when Its easier to be selfish? Besides its funny killing people that are no threat to you and proclaiming yourself amazing!

The players that simply accept the current design are the ones that feel everyone else should conform to it and accept it or "deal with it" However, players of a certain intellect are questioning the game design as it is clearly creating a massive divide in the community... if you can even call it a community at this point lets be honest.

What confuses me is that I see a lot of work being put into zombie ai and balancing focused around the fresh spawn experience. I have seen no strides taken to curtail the rampant murdering and general lack of cooperation. The "what would you do in real life" scenario is quite old and void of any merit quite honestly. Its an excuse that is used to rationalize behavior that would otherwise be considered unacceptable. Its a game that people have invested their money in and want to be entertained, survivors and bandits alike.

A lot of the new players to the mod seem to think the main focus of the game is gear up by exploiting poorly implemented loot mechanics and go kill everything that moves no questions asked. If you question that you wrong! Would you buy a game like that if you saw it on a store shelf?

Im sure a great deal of us were brought here by watching gameplays on youtube of the survival experience (I know I was). Had I instead seen gameplay of new spawn/ poorly geared players being shot for lols aka actual gameplay, I would have kept my $30 in my pocket as Im sure quite a few others would have as well. /myopinion

Whats so hard to get about that is that I am not playing dayz to kill other players' date=' i'm playing to be in a zombie apoc and hopefully one day there will be tools for me to set up a safe zone for players, who aren't cunts on my server.

[/quote']

What's so hard to get about that I am not playing DayZ to be a carebear, i'm playing to be in a zombie apoc and hopefully one day there will be tools for me to assault any safe zones players set up and then I can loot their dead bodies and drink their tears.

You need to wake up. a zombie apocalypse would be a dog-eat-dog world. There would be people like you, sure, who think the best thing to do is to work together for a brighter future. It's admirable, honestly. It would also get you killed.

The point is to survive. The best way to survive is to remove or avoid all threats. You need to stop acting like people who kill you are all 'mindless cod killers'. You are being killed to increase your killers chances of survival.

Of course there are stories like what happened to the OP. It is a video game at the end of the day and he chose to have fun while killing the OP. I've read a few, and this one wasn't particularly interesting, but others were.

but PVP isn't or shouldn't be the main focus in dayz which saddly it is, also I do which karma does bite all the "hardcore" bandits in the ass when some hacker comes along uses their guid and gets it banned.

and you know what I wouldn't die in a real apoc because of my friendlyness, most likely I'd be in a guard post and be over run by zeds at the dawn of the out break.

You're such a piece of shit. "Wah wah wah, I hate bandits.. I hope a hacker gets them banned!".

Are you fucking kidding me? You're a pathetic carebear, you have no idea how to play this game, and you should quit. I sincerely hope they make this game even MORE pro-bandit, so I can hear you whine more, because everybody would like a cup full of your tears.

I love these "intellectuals" that assume people cannot be trusted before any sort of communication takes place thus perpetuating the ignorant opinion that everything must die.

What I find even more humorous is the hardcore leet pvp crowd insulting people willing to help/work with others and be accused of not knowing how to play the game. To those guilty of this you clearly dont get it.

In regards to the OP this is an inherent issue that emerges when game design does not have a precise consequence/reward system in place to guide player behavior. In DayZ there is zero consequence for killing fellow survivors therefore "why try" is the attitude most players have adopted. Besides you want to keep your stuff and you always want more stuff! why work hard for it? why work with others and have to share it when Its easier to be selfish? Besides its funny killing people that are no threat to you and proclaiming yourself amazing!

The players that simply accept the current design are the ones that feel everyone else should conform to it and accept it or "deal with it" However, players of a certain intellect are questioning the game design as it is clearly creating a massive divide in the community... if you can even call it a community at this point lets be honest.

What confuses me is that I see a lot of work being put into zombie ai and balancing focused around the fresh spawn experience. I have seen no strides taken to curtail the rampant murdering and general lack of cooperation. The "what would you do in real life" scenario is quite old and void of any merit quite honestly. Its an excuse that is used to rationalize behavior that would otherwise be considered unacceptable. Its a game that people have invested their money in and want to be entertained, survivors and bandits alike.

A lot of the new players to the mod seem to think the main focus of the game is gear up by exploiting poorly implemented loot mechanics and go kill everything that moves no questions asked. If you question that you wrong! Would you buy a game like that if you saw it on a store shelf?

Im sure a great deal of us were brought here by watching gameplays on youtube of the survival experience (I know I was). Had I instead seen gameplay of new spawn/ poorly geared players being shot for lols aka actual gameplay, I would have kept my $30 in my pocket as Im sure quite a few others would have as well. /myopinion

This is a really nice story except for it's not the 'hardcore leet pvping crowd' that's slinging insults. It's every person who's been killed complaining they got killed in a PVP game and insulting those who do. Do you really think I have any need to insult people because they don't play the way I do? No, I return insults because I am being insulted for how I play.

I love pseudo-intellectuals who try to come off as intelligent, fill their posts with insults towards different playstyles, call game mechanics flawed because they don't suit their playstyle, then call it an opinion.

People like you are the reason the 'hardcore leet pvping crowd' is filled with vitriol. You don't get verbally assaulted for trying to be happy little cooperative bandit fodder. People who kill people are routinely insulted because people like you cannot handle losing your gear.

You assume your high horse because you're not killing people. That's fine for you, but there's nothing wrong with those of us who do kill strangers on sight. Don't ever forget it.

I didn't read all of the replies but here is my input since this appears to be an open discussion.

1) Chasing things that are trying to get away is a rush, even if its a defenseless animal (I.E: Hunting). This is what makes "The Hunt" irresistible to bears, cats, dogs, you name the predator, humans.

2) Exercising control or dominion over others, and playing into a submissive role (you dropping all your stuff, pleading) further exacerbates this primal instinct of alpha domination by the agressor.

If something like this happens again and a bandit actually has open dialogue with you and plays this "game", you should go into his backpack after typing a long query on his cat-like prowess in trailing you so well, take out a gun, and shoot him. If nothing else after he shoots you, before you can shoot him (load a clip into the gun you took from his bag etc) he will feel he was NOT in total control. His hardon will drop slightly.

I know shit, but this is the thoughts as I sit upon my toilet crapping the good crap. So sayeth the lord. Amen.

[/quote']

Good job, that's exactly my point that I'm trying to share as well with others.

For the most part they understand even if they act ignorant.

Rocket knows that the karma system is still isn't working as intended, that's why he called it an "unfinished feature"

It should be on the high priority to fix, because as it stands, the bandits will always have the first shot and the first kill. Leaving you no choice but to do the same to others.

Heart beating system is too short ranged, by the time you get close enough, the bandit would take you out from a distance.

The karma system in general isn't very accurate, for it gives you a "murder" even if you kill someone in self defense.

The game should motivate co-op experience along with PvP.

That way you get PvP bandit groups with bad karma, you get the survivors with good karma, and you get solo players that do not team up with anyone.

The reason this isn't working right now, is because it is literally impossible to tell who's a bandit and who's a survivor.

In situations like that' date=' disconnect and find a different server. Don't bother with feeding the trolls.

[/quote']

you are the people ruining the immersion of the game , not the bandits.

Atleast bandits follow the rules.

How do you make out bandits follow the rules?????? Mabye the real bandits....... Out of all the D/C that is going on in this mod its the snipers/want to be bandits that D/C and shoot unarmed survivors.... So please give it a rest.

That was a really creepy & cool story, and a HUGE reason for NOT d'cing. The psychological aspects of this sandbox mod are pretty great.

....You need to wake up. a zombie apocalypse would be a dog-eat-dog world. There would be people like you' date=' sure, who think the best thing to do is to work together for a brighter future. It's admirable, honestly. It would also get you killed.

The point is to survive. The best way to survive is to remove or avoid all threats. You need to stop acting like people who kill you are all 'mindless cod killers'. You are being killed to increase your killers chances of survival.....

[/quote']

Did you really just type that? "You need to wake up." Are you watching a Steven Seagal movie right now? Did you get your training with the Green Berets or from Zombie Survival 101 at your local community college? I know for a fact a zombie apocalypse would be a very orderly world with a very dull & predictable "enemy." It would bring communities back together, like most disasters, but more-so.

I would like you to show me a place Rocket says this is a PvP game. It has PvP aspects. It also has PvE aspects. There are far more survivors than Bandits. The front page suggests zombies & bandits are to be slain, but hunting survivors is not mentioned anywhere. Interesting promotion for "a PvP game."

Also, it seems odd how much attention they spend on developing the zombies, when--if this is a PvP game--they are merely an annoyance.

I like the mentally fucked-up PvP. I like the slow PvE more. I think a good responsive mixture is critical for success.

Actually, I pretty enjoyed this encounter. It was something really new for me. Before that I felt like I know everything and seen everything e.g.: deathmatch in Cherno/Elektro, surviving alone by hunting, sitting 4+ hours at airfield to score a kill, etc.

But then... This thing happened. It was completely new to me. Honestly, this game has unlimited possibilities.

That was a really creepy & cool story' date=' and a HUGE reason for NOT d'cing. The psychological aspects of this sandbox mod are pretty great.

....You need to wake up. a zombie apocalypse would be a dog-eat-dog world. There would be people like you, sure, who think the best thing to do is to work together for a brighter future. It's admirable, honestly. It would also get you killed.

The point is to survive. The best way to survive is to remove or avoid all threats. You need to stop acting like people who kill you are all 'mindless cod killers'. You are being killed to increase your killers chances of survival.....

Did you really just type that? "You need to wake up." Are you watching a Steven Seagal movie right now? Did you get your training with the Green Berets or from Zombie Survival 101 at your local community college? I know for a fact a zombie apocalypse would be a very orderly world with a very dull & predictable "enemy." It would bring communities back together, like most disasters, but more-so.

I would like you to show me a place Rocket says this is a PvP game. It has PvP aspects. It also has PvE aspects. There are far more survivors than Bandits. The front page suggests zombies & bandits are to be slain, but hunting survivors is not mentioned anywhere. Interesting promotion for "a PvP game."

Also, it seems odd how much attention they spend on developing the zombies, when--if this is a PvP game--they are merely an annoyance.

I like the mentally fucked-up PvP. I like the slow PvE more. I think a good responsive mixture is critical for success.

You clearly know nothing of human nature and thus, are not qualified to have this discussion.

I can't believe you'd destroy your own argument there so easily, too. "There are far more survivors than Bandits. The front page suggests zombies & bandits are to be slain, but hunting survivors is not mentioned anywhere. Interesting promotion for "a PvP game." "

Just legendary how badly you did that. So, zombies and bandits are to be slain. Still with me? If it's not a PVP game, pray tell where you are going to find these bandits? So, it very clearly and unarguably is, in fact, a PVP game.

Next time, take a deep breath, and re-read what you're typing before you click "post reply". Don't defeat your own argument before I get a crack at it.

This is why I've quit playing DayZ the last month.. Not because I died, that's not a big deal in a video game. No, it's because the community surrounding this game is absolutely negative. Most players are mindless idiots that either spam left click at anything that moves or absolute internet-psychos that we're reading about in this post. That or you're on the forums trying to prove everyone else wrong.

Don't mind me though, I'm sure one of you will crush this with a paragraph about why everything I said is false and I should step on legos.

This is why I've quit playing DayZ the last month.. Not because I died' date=' that's not a big deal in a video game. No, it's because the community surrounding this game is absolutely negative. Most players are mindless idiots that either spam left click at anything that moves or absolute internet-psychos that we're reading about in this post. That or you're on the forums trying to prove everyone else wrong.

Don't mind me though, I'm sure one of you will crush this with a paragraph about why everything I said is false and I should step on legos.

[/quote']

I love legos. Also, I put a lot of thought into my murderous behavior. Please do not refer to it as mindless, as it is anything but. DayZ is too risky to be mindless with your killing.

Oh, there's PvP. But if anything, this is a PvE game, with PvP aspects.

Human nature. I can't think of any natural disaster/plague/war/death of millions that resulted in society all falling apart. I'm no ancient history major, so feel free to enlighten me.

Do you have to knock someone unconscious to drag them around, or is it sufficient to break their legs?

The next time I run into an unarmed survivor in relative safety, I will make sure to knock him unconscius, drag him into the woods, light a fire and then chop him up with my hatchet for some tasty meat :D.

Oh' date=' there's PvP. But if anything, this is a PvE game, with PvP aspects.

Human nature. I can't think of any natural disaster/plague/war/death of millions that resulted in society all falling apart. I'm no ancient history major, so feel free to enlighten me.

[/quote']

I can't think of any apocalypses that have happened to man. Can you? So stop comparing apples to oranges.

The death of millions is not equal to the death of billions and the complete collapse of global civilization

I'm sorry, you were referring to human nature and what would happen in a zombie apocalypse, to degrade another poster's argument. You wrote as if you really felt what you were writing was true. I suspect your line between reality and fiction is blurry.

I also suspect, that if Rocket were to truly embrace your ideal play setting, it would become as obscure as Arma was before DayZ.

This game does seem to attract more and more sociopaths.

I've seen a stream 2 days ago where one was told to put down his weps and backpack, then being kidnapped by a guy in a car calling him his "new bitch", and that the kidnapped guy will be "his 4th wife". The guy took him far out near a low populated part of the shore to AXE him there.

I mean it's cool if people start role playing as medic or something, but its definitely sick to see people living out their personal problems being a psycho/sadistic/sociopathic person in a video game that should be about surviving TOGETHER.

Sure you cant ban someone only cuz this person is psycho, but I'd definitely get rid of all you sickheads, probably jerking with one hand while doing your shitmoves.

I'm sorry' date=' you were referring to human nature and what [i']would happen in a zombie apocalypse, to degrade another poster's argument. You wrote as if you really felt what you were writing was true. I suspect your line between reality and fiction is blurry.

I also suspect, that if Rocket were to truly embrace your ideal play setting, it would become as obscure as Arma was before DayZ.

I'm right, you're wrong. The foolishly optimistic are the first to die in the apocalypse, zombie or otherwise. You can argue with that if you want, but it will be a very stupid argument.

Some of you have managed to totally derail a very interesting 1st post into a very sad example of childish bickering.

Shame on you...

Problem: PM