Sign in to follow this  
scaramoosh (DayZ)

I don't get why you'd play this over the mod?

Most of the time the game doesn't work, I log into a server and more often than not my character is gone and I have to start over. Then I constantly have issues where I'll warp back 50ft which I'm guessing is the server lagging, it isn't my end as I have a beefy PC and my internet is fast, wired and lag free on every other game. Every time I've tried to play this game for some reason I get this issue where I try to loot something and it doesn't let me, then I realize it wont let me interact with anything and I have to go to a different server.... it happens EVERY GAME!

There are zombies anywhere, I think I've seen one in the 10 hours I've been trying to play and there is no loot anywhere. I could attempt to run into the middle of the map to get my first bit of loot, but that is so boring and tedious! There are no vehicles anywhere and you cannot auto run... why? At least with the Mod I can use the Steam overlay to glitch the game into auto running. It is so fucking unbearable not being able to auto run, I'm not going to start jamming stuff into my expensive keyboard, ruining it for a game. 

Why is the sun so bright in the SA? It is constantly blinding and is another element ruining this game, the lighting was so much better in the mod because it let you see things! I dunno what it is about the SA but it just looks cheap, it is like a toy and just doesn't feel as immersive as the mod. Maybe it is the crappy lighting, I also thing the character models and movement looks really cheap and the animations aren't as good... I just don't like the look of the SA. 

The mod works though, I can always play no problems and there are vehicles and lots of things to do like base building. There are zombies and loot because it spawns in where you're near the location and I just feel like I'm constantly doing something and having fun. Where as the SA feels barren and broken and I don't get how it has been out for a year and has gone nowhere, they've just spent all year adding in features they took out. 

Ultimately though I don't see what the SA is trying to fix? It has more lag than the mod, the zombies are worse cause there are none, the loot is worse cause there is none, there are still hackers and it runs worse than the mod too. 

All my friends still play the mod from time to time but none of them bother with the SA. 

I hate the excuse that it is in Early Access, they've had a year now and it isn't like the SA was first, the mod did exist before it..

Why dont you just go and play the mod then? Leave this 'early access game' alone. No one is forcing you to play the SA.

• Like 9

Most of the time the game doesn't work, I log into a server and more often than not my character is gone and I have to start over. Then I constantly have issues where I'll warp back 50ft which I'm guessing is the server lagging, it isn't my end as I have a beefy PC and my internet is fast, wired and lag free on every other game. Every time I've tried to play this game for some reason I get this issue where I try to loot something and it doesn't let me, then I realize it wont let me interact with anything and I have to go to a different server.... it happens EVERY GAME!

There are zombies anywhere, I think I've seen one in the 10 hours I've been trying to play and there is no loot anywhere. I could attempt to run into the middle of the map to get my first bit of loot, but that is so boring and tedious! There are no vehicles anywhere and you cannot auto run... why? At least with the Mod I can use the Steam overlay to glitch the game into auto running. It is so fucking unbearable not being able to auto run, I'm not going to start jamming stuff into my expensive keyboard, ruining it for a game. 

Why is the sun so bright in the SA? It is constantly blinding and is another element ruining this game, the lighting was so much better in the mod because it let you see things! I dunno what it is about the SA but it just looks cheap, it is like a toy and just doesn't feel as immersive as the mod. Maybe it is the crappy lighting, I also thing the character models and movement looks really cheap and the animations aren't as good... I just don't like the look of the SA. 

The mod works though, I can always play no problems and there are vehicles and lots of things to do like base building. There are zombies and loot because it spawns in where you're near the location and I just feel like I'm constantly doing something and having fun. Where as the SA feels barren and broken and I don't get how it has been out for a year and has gone nowhere, they've just spent all year adding in features they took out. 

Ultimately though I don't see what the SA is trying to fix? It has more lag than the mod, the zombies are worse cause there are none, the loot is worse cause there is none, there are still hackers and it runs worse than the mod too. 

All my friends still play the mod from time to time but none of them bother with the SA. 

I hate the excuse that it is in Early Access, they've had a year now and it isn't like the SA was first, the mod did exist before it..

You're forgetting that its a MOD

ARMA 2 is the base game, its bugs have been cleared (majority). Most things have been polished. Dayz MOD is an addition to the already finished product to a game.

DayZ STANDALONE is a whole new game, built from ground up. Hence the EARLY ACCESS

Now please, go be ignorant somewhere else.

Note: Highlighted the important things in red because it seems you cant read. Or understand for that matter. 

Edited by Zee_Panda
  • Like 3

First of all, you should understand that this game is an Early Access and this is a fact not just an excuse for devs not to work on the game.

and mate i'm playing DayZ SA this days alot and i have no problem interacting with anything so far and i play with a pretty bad internet connection (200~300 latency and 1Mb bandwidth) in pretty much every server i played. there are problems with the net code and i'm not going to ignore them but it cause mostly delays and Rarely a dsync issue (that is what unable you interacting with server) 

i just got the feeling like you play cracked game because at that version the game was pretty much unstable .

Zombies are a W.I.P and also lighting is gonna be re worked when new renderer come along. you should understand the fact that most of work in 2014 was in back scenes and internally done which was prototyping things like vehicles, new audio engine, new renderer engine, new AI and stealth mechanic and so on which will not show up untill they are done. now in 2015 most of this things will appear and you will see how the game will change.

and one last point, DayZ mod and dayz standalone are not suppose to be the same, DayZ SA is here to improve the mod, not to port it.

• Like 1

I'd play the mod (vanilla only) more than I currently do if it had more clothes, enterable houses, proper melee, being able to put the gun on your back, a better inventory system and if the kos wasn't 10x worse. I guess I have where to choose from, got all 3 DayZs (Breaking Point too), so I just take what's best from all of them. I agree with some of your points, like the sun, lighting, atmosphere (I like the mod and BP ambient music), vehicles and base building (although I have no real interest in the last two). Models and animations are better in SA. You forget something, models look like shit in the default mod even on ultra if you don't buy the BAF and PMC dlcs. SA comes with everything from the start, as much as it offers. Not all of us get wet by landing a helicopter in a player-built base in this type of game.

I assume that you probably play epoch and the like then?

When the mod first came out it was a harsh game, when the modders took over almost all went for the base building / rust experience after DayZ+ (a few months after release) Only mods like Namalsk and DayZero actually made the mod a little harder - namalsk was very cold - and DayZero was very little food or guns to get by on, a true DayZ experience

Which is what the Standalone is going for - a realistic apocalypse - to the extent of gameplay of course - no Sky towers and everyone with Armored Tanks and BDRM's is ridiculous - when and if it gets modded again this may suit your taste better, but myself and a few others im sure prefer searching for ammo, and having that moment when you actually find a handfull of rounds for that magnum... Glorious

• Like 2

i nevr play the mod but my brother was playing many time he enjoy but he say now is dead but we both play the SA and we loving is sandbox game with more better map and maybe not so much item feature but evry time is coming mor so wen we start to think ha i see evrything in dayz SOMETHINGS NEW IS COMING wen game have freedom like dayz tyou dont ned many item to hav fun times only imaginate and other human will create nice adveture i play SA and i fely evry emotions like scare or hapy or panic or angery or sad or alone or excite or shocked or surprise or relef from survived and this is why many persons play

my brother say dayz mod version was great but moment is gon finish is like many game was vary special but time is coming most persons decied to move on to new things and SA is the new things wat improve and also evolve and we can experience many new emotion i nevr felt boring in SA

Edited by Shrub Rocketeer ™
  • Like 2

-snip-

Were there any pigs in the mod, Shrub?

The people that only got into the SA version,can't possibly understand the thrill of the mod gameplay.

If you are one of those who experienced the early days of the Vanilla mod,there is no way,you would place SA higher than the mod.

Proning my way around roaming zombies in Kamyshovo,at pitch black night as i was literally holding my breath not to get spoted

(if one spoted you,the whole village was on you)was one of the most authentic gaming experiences i had the privilege to ever encounter in a game.

This was true hardcore survival horror in it's purest form.

Edited by Damnyourdeadman
  • Like 2

I don't really know why I play this game either...

But I keep playing it. It's like dark magic...

At OP.

I played the mod a bit just to see what was all the hype about it. Too many servers just wanted to be battlefield or cod style raids. I did not want that i wanted a survival game. ISS did that better (at alpha/beta) then the mod for me. More easy to get into the game.

You claim that most of the time the game doesn't work, log into a server and more often than not character is gone and you have to start over. Well guess what besides the occasional loss of char bug hives have different database.

Quote; Every time I've tried to play this game for some reason I get this issue where I try to loot something and it doesn't let me, then I realize it wont let me interact with anything and I have to go to a different server.... it happens EVERY GAME!

^this usually happens with server restarts. Make sure to check the time of the server you are joining.

Zombies; yes i agree there are too few, but not nearly as few as you are ranting on about. 1 Zombie 10 hours please..... bs.

Loot; yes some have near to no loot whilst others have rooms piling with loot. And good loot. So again watch what server to pick.

Autorun; sure a button would be nice.

Sun to bright; come on really, go fiddle with your settings.

All you do is rant about the game is bad opposite to the mod. Well go play the mod.

Because all your reasons to not play this game are legit ;)

Edited by McWendy
  • Like 1

The people that only got into the SA version,can't possibly understand the thrill of the mod gameplay.

If you are one of those who experienced the early days of the Vanilla mod,there is no way,you would place SA higher than the mod.

And yet i do.

• Like 1

Proning my way around roaming zombies in Kamyshovo,at pitch black night as i was literally holding my breath not to get spoted

(if one spoted you,the whole village was on you)was one of the most authentic gaming experiences i had the privilege to ever encounter in a game.

That pretty much sums up my first day in the SA.

• Like 1

That pretty much sums up my first day in the SA.

So,SA forced you to go prone inside a house,from fear the roaming zombies don't spot you,without having no way to defend yourself.

Last time i checked,Cherno in SA was like a wasteland.People are literally running through cities.

Do you know what happened if you tried to run(or stand straight) in the Vanilla mod? You had at least 10 of them running after you,forming a single line trying to munch your face.

So,SA forced you to go prone inside a house,from fear the roaming zombies don't spot you,without having no way to defend yourself.

Last time i checked,Cherno in SA was like a wasteland.People are literally running through cities.

Do you know what happened if you tried to run(or stand straight) in the Vanilla mod? You had at least 10 of them running after you,forming a single line trying to munch your face.

Oh, they spotted me alright. I even ran towards gunfire in hopes of finding a savior, but no one came. Then the zombies got me.

And don't worry about Cherno. Let the kiddies enjoy the clear streets for now. 2015 is the Year of the Zed.

Really? Share your reasoning with me.

I'v played Arma2 many years before the mod came out, so it's not like i was a noob at the game. But it was always clunky a fuck. Controls were terrible, zombie movement was horrendously spazzy, gunplay was meh at best, inventory system clearly wasn't made for this type of gameplay, lack of animations(and those present were poor), almost no buildings to enter etc.

I also never really had any sense of survival, it was always: Find food(canned), find guns, find car, go around shoot people(not that i expect much else from SA either but at least you can do it in other ways I.e. hunting)

Even now as early as SA is it offers so much more when it comes to actual survival compared to the mod.

While I enjoyed the mod immensely and logged over 3000 hours on its varied maps, SA is really all I play now.  A few of you have pointed out some of the deficiencies compared directly to the mod but you fail to recognize all of the improvements.  Chernarus is so different now, places I knew like the back of my hand in the mod have been completely reworked.  The UI while still a WIP is much better than the mod and I really enjoy watching in real time as the game develops around me.

It is also preference.  I know some of my buddies like bigger girls....me not so much.  Go play the mod if that's what you enjoy, many of us will continue to flesh out the bugs in this work in progress and enjoy every fkn minute of it!

• Like 4

My memories of the early days of vanilla mod are way different. The desync & rubber banding issues people complain about in SA were 10 fold. The zombie AI was (is still) as bad if not worse than it is right now in SA. At least in SA I can't juke a zombie by simply jumping over a couple of fences or cutting between a house or two. The only "fear" to be had was not 'if' but 'when' you'd be teleported to the coast or NWAF and killed by script kiddies. The only thing that's kept the dream alive for me with the mods and SA is the pure sandbox experience on huge maps and authentic player/PVP interaction.

A good thing about there being a mod and a standalone game of the same sort is that you can choose to play one or the other. That way you don't have to go on a forum and whine about a non-finished game not being finished.

Most people that complain about this game seem to not get the concept of alpha at all.

Signed up just to complain about the SA?

I'm surprised you lot didn't spot the obvious trolling going on.

• Like 1

Autorun? sounds like a hack. But while they are at it why don't they implement auto aim and auto regen so you can enjoy the full CoD experience... :facepalm:

• Like 1