StayAlive (DayZ)

Beer/wine/spirits in Dayz

Beer/Wine/Spirits in Dayz  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Bloody brilliant idea! Cause we need to get drunk ya'll!?

• Are you retarded?
    • I can't see why not
    • Only if we can have cider to
    • Thank you for making this awesome suggestion
    • What about the vegans?
    • Only if you buy
    • Drunk in game, hell yeah!
    • Yeah, and then, prostitutes and filfthy sex?
    • Cheers!
    • Alpha!
    • Alcohol sucks

Alcohol would be useful in all sorts of situations in DayZ. Not least the cleaning of wounds. And as we have fruit and vegetables it should be possible to ferment your own rather than it being a loot item.

Obviously it would be fun to include it into the game for it's side effects (poorer aim, inability to walk in a straight line and blurred vision) but I think we would need to base the effects on where you live. For example if you are a Russian, Eastern European, Finish, Irish or Scot then it really should take considerable amounts of alcohol to affect your game. If you are English, on the other hand, half a pint of weak lager should have you rolling about on the floor.

Rasputin Kvass is a beer

It is indeed. I've always wondered why it has no real effect on your character (other than calories/hydration). It is the same as drinking a cola.

Edited by ricp
  • Like 1

Rasputin Kvass is a beer

"Kvass is a fermented beverage made from black or regular rye bread. The colour of the bread used contributes to the colour of the resulting drink. It is classified as a non-alcoholic drink by Russian and Ukrainian standards, as the alcohol content from fermentation is typically less than 1.2%. Generally, the alcohol content is low (0.05% - 1.0%). It is often flavoured with fruits such as strawberries and raisins, or with herbs such as mint. Kvass is also used for preparing a cold summertime soup called okroshka"

Mother`s milk

corryvreckan_01.jpg

My favorite Whisky!

Edited by StayAlive
  • Like 1

I think vodka is coming or atleast the bottle. I would sign off on it being added why not.

*Drool*

I think vodka is coming or atleast the bottle. I would sign off on it being added why not.

Getting buzzed from vodka while eating human flesh :D

Voted and moved to suggestions.

Ahh, thank you good sir! :)

Edited by StayAlive

Tequila, please.

Silver, preferably

• Like 1

so where is the "alcohol sucks" option?

It's basically the: "Are you retarded!", but, i put in in there to:)

Edited by StayAlive

Rasputin Kvass is a beer

I guess its more likely some kind of lemonade. Last time I had one in russia I bought it on the street tapped from a tank like this below.

OcMVBJv.jpg

Delicious and refreshing! I guess you'll have to drink a few litres of it before you get noticable effects... ;)

-> Agilov

I guess its more likely some kind of lemonade. Last time I had one in russia I bought it on the street tapped from a tank like this below.

OcMVBJv.jpg

Delicious and refreshing! I guess you'll have to drink a few litres of it before you get noticable effects... ;)

-> Agilov

most likely:

"Kvass is a fermented beverage made from black or regular rye bread. The colour of the bread used contributes to the colour of the resulting drink. It is classified as a non-alcoholic drink by Russian and Ukrainian standards, as the alcohol content from fermentation is typically less than 1.2%. Generally, the alcohol content is low (0.05% - 1.0%). It is often flavoured with fruits such as strawberries and raisins, or with herbs such as mint. Kvass is also used for preparing a cold summertime soup called okroshka"

Speaking of drunk, i need to go to bed!:)