OwynMagnus

Fast Travel

What do you think hardcore survival means? Walk five minutes, get fed, find a vehicle, drive off into the sunset? You're definitely playing the wrong game from the sound of it. Working vehicles will likely be as rare, if not rarer than they are now, because in addition to fuel, you'll need various parts to get them working. And with zombies becoming more dangerous and basic survival becoming more difficult, getting a vehicle will be a distant problem. 

Respond to what I posted please, not what you think I posted.

I do not want cars for everyone and instant teleporting over the map.  There is a middle ground between that and what we have now.

Dividing the spawning areas into regions and allowing your group to choose a general region to spawn in so they can get together faster than an hour is not really sim breaking.

Most people only have a few hours to play the game at a time.  You would still get Hiking Simulator 1.0 when your group travels to the good spots like the airbase, cherno, elctro, etc etc.

Edited by OwynMagnus

Part of the thrill of the game is finding your way. Selectable spawn zones take that away. Death should have consequences beyond a 30 second spawn counter. If you want to stick with your buddies, decide on a meeting point, find your way there, and stick together. Stay alive, and log off in the same place. Then you can be together for as long as you like. But don't expect us to play a watered-down version of the game, because you don't want to do the effort of finding your buddies the hard way. And if that means the game isn't fun for you, then don't play.

Edited by Sacha

Part of the thrill of the game is finding your way. Selectable spawn zones take that away. Death should have consequences beyond a 30 second spawn counter. If you want to stick with your buddies, decide on a meeting point, find your way there, and stick together. Stay alive, and log off in the same place. Then you can be together for as long as you like. But don't expect us to play a watered-down version of the game, because you don't want to do the effort of finding your buddies the hard way. And if that means the game isn't fun for you, then don't play.

I personally wouldn't mind if in the future private hives could later these settings on their own, as I'm totally for server "owners" being able to pretty much shape their game play how they want, but at the same time I kind of don't...as I'm afraid there would be WAAAAY too many "EASY MODE FAST LEWTS OMG U DUNT DIE" servers as a result.

This is nonsense, there wont be problems of any kind once persistance is fixed and barricading/building is implemented, you and your friends will have a 'base' where to meetup/logoff, all problems solved BOOM!

I personally wouldn't mind if in the future private hives could later these settings on their own, as I'm totally for server "owners" being able to pretty much shape their game play how they want, but at the same time I kind of don't...as I'm afraid there would be WAAAAY too many "EASY MODE FAST LEWTS OMG U DUNT DIE" servers as a result.

Eh... leave that stuff for the modders once the game is published, I say. The DayZ Mod got its own mods as well, which catered to a variety of game styles.

Eh... leave that stuff for the modders once the game is published, I say. The DayZ Mod got its own mods as well, which catered to a variety of game styles.

indeed, which I'm totally fine with

I'm just a fan of keeping as many potential murder targets in my games as possible :D

indeed, which I'm totally fine with

I'm just a fan of keeping as many potential murder targets in my games as possible :D

There's places for that. Servers with "500% MILITARY LOOT" or variants thereof are prime hunting grounds ;)

There's places for that. Servers with "500% MILITARY LOOT" or variants thereof are prime hunting grounds ;)

Nuh uh, bro. RP servers are the best for prime slaughter :P

There needs to be SOME way for friends to group up faster than the way it is right now.

My gaming community has tried to run with Dayz several times and we usually stop after a few days because it takes hours to get people together, and god forbid someone dies while on the way.

When a group of people log on at 8:00 PM for a gaming session, it should not take until like 9:30 to play together.  

Is there anything on the horizon or any suggestions to make this happen?  Being able to bind to a general area perhaps?  Like, the small villages, not the major towns/military bases. 

There is vehicles in the game now.. problem solved and i dare say thats as good as it will get har har :D

Im with noble savage on this one, getting to your friends IS the early gameplay of Dayz and should be a struggle.

Although in experimental I see no probs with making V3S spawn everywhere for testing. It would be like exp is the place to get raw data on features, then stable is for balancing and achieving the corrct gameplay :)

This whole idea is nonsense.

This.

It's not supposed to be a "fun" game in a traditional sense it's supposed to be enjoyable in a grueling and harsh way.

If you want to meet up with your friends, meet up with your friends it'll happen eventually it takes like 30 minutes to an hour to run from one side of the map to the other just set a meeting point get there and wait it's not difficult.

Be thankful you can co-ordinate such a thing at all.

How about doing a test?

Whoever wants this kind of feature and 3 of your friends go to a city none of you have ever been to before, each go to completely random spots on the edge.

Try to find each other without phones or any communication, see how easy it is.

So yeah be happy you have Skype and online maps that's the best you should and hopefully will ever get.

Edited by UltimateGentleman

If it takes you hours to link up, learn the map better.

Couldn't have said it better myself. If it's taking them as long as they claim to meet up with friends, then there have to be people in the group who have absolutely no ability to navigate whatsoever.

I live in the real world, where when running a business, testing a product expediently and efficiently is both time and cost effective.

Yes, BUT, we get to a point where additional testing doesn't necessarily yield better results, and your motivators sound more personal than noble.

• Like 1

That's an internal squad thing that needs to be addressed. If they are going to play on a scheduled night together they should be notified to make sure their characters are at xx location the night before.

This game has been based on you, and your character surviving. I don't think it was intended to be a group of players all teleporting to xx location to meet up for coffee.

I too hope  the dev. team doesn't add anything more then the Trucks/cars/bikes etc...

1. Well what about a bus?

Really cant see this happening. Perhaps a system where new spawn friends can spawn close by but not a fast travel option.

Its the apocalypse. I dont think its supposed to be easy or convenient even for testing purposes.

And come on is that really the reason you want to meet up with your friends so quickly? To test stuff?

Yes, BUT, we get to a point where additional testing doesn't necessarily yield better results, and your motivators sound more personal than noble.

Fair enough

There needs to be SOME way for friends to group up faster than the way it is right now.

My gaming community has tried to run with Dayz several times and we usually stop after a few days because it takes hours to get people together, and god forbid someone dies while on the way.

When a group of people log on at 8:00 PM for a gaming session, it should not take until like 9:30 to play together.  

Is there anything on the horizon or any suggestions to make this happen?  Being able to bind to a general area perhaps?  Like, the small villages, not the major towns/military bases. 

How about learning the map? It doesn't take 1½ hours to meet up, if that's the case, you're doing it wrong. Say if you are going to play together... Make a meeting place and make sure everyone is there at 8 pm. Problem solved.

*throws him a shovel and walks away with wry smile and a shake of the head.

Lol kid you just don't get it do you. You didn't even try to make the point that he made. You just went into a fanboy rage because you thought I was advocating "OMG SCRUB MODE". Not to mention, he made the valid statement that at some point in time the amount of feedback becomes greater than the return of investment. At no point in time did I attempt to dictate or define when that was, I simply asserted that more feedback is better IMO, and at no point did the Devs say that they are currently receiving too much feedback, so why not give more? However the contrary is true as well, as they also have not requested more. I will disagree with him on the idea he thinks my intentions are more personally motivated than those of noble intent, but he is entitled to his opinion, and addressed it in an adult manner.

Seriously, are you five years old? You proved nothing and won nothing. Keep your shovel and grow up lol

*smh*

Edited by DeatHTaX

What does you meeting your buddies faster got to do with feedback? The game's not designed for you to find your friends any more easily than it should. Only douchebags with gang mentalities need that.

Seems to me the issue is people dying too often,

I get that there's currently little else to do for many other than gear up, go pvp with your mates, die and call it a night, then repeat.

but thats not the end goal, at least i hope not, for me to see dayz development as a success we need to get to the point where people have reason to keep their characters alive and will do everything they can to not have to respawn.

Really cant see this happening. Perhaps a system where new spawn friends can spawn close by but not a fast travel option.

I think that's equally bad since it still gives the player some control over the spawn system.