DuplexGamer1234

First 100 minutes of Gameplay

Overall Review/Comments/Thoughts/Problems encountered within the first 100 minutes of gameplay:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 ) Unable to climb ladders

2 ) Sounds of wildlife (birds and bugs) are heard, but no visuals

3 ) Unable to search kitchen (refrigerator and cupboards)

4 ) Difficulty finding/selecting the optimal video setting

5 ) No prompt after death/unconsciousness to leave game

6 ) Difficulty toggling between 1st and 3rd person views

-----------

** Reguarding number 4 )** - Home custom built gaming PC well within system requirements, but oddly experiencing less then 25 fps

** Reguarding number 6 )** - Some games stuck in 1st person

Conclusion:

---------------------------

This game requires a good deal of patients in the beginning stages of gameplay. Watching the steam trailors and review videos can create a lot of false excitement.

Overall, I think the game has untapped potential, and still needs a lot of work. I would like to continue creating threads like these in order to help not only myself

learn how to play the game but also to help game developers understand the game from a consumers point of view.

100 mins or 100 hrs won't make much difference to your list, most are features  :P

• Like 4

6 ) Difficulty toggling between 1st and 3rd person views

** Reguarding number 6 )** - Some games stuck in 1st person

Some servers are 1st person only. This is called 'hardcore' mode, as oppsed to 'regular' mode. The server browser will tell you whether a given server is the one or the other.

• Like 3

Pretty good list, and I can't wait for some new features (i.e world containers) to be added, and I'm fairly certain it's planned. Oh and question for others, as I haven't played in awhile due to DayZ not working for me ;-; (Gots me a new PC for Christmas, so I'll probably get it to run there) but do we still have that generic Arma 2 bird sound?

Oh and which ladders aren't you able to climb? Most seem to work for me, other than miniature undersized elf ladders, or the broken ones :P

Edit: Welcome to DayZ and the forums :D

Edited by Stryker7x
  • Like 2

This is called 'hardcore' mode, as oppsed to 'regular' mode.

Correction: There were (falsely) called this. There is nothing "hardcore" about first person only. And there is nothing "regular" about having a invisible camera floating in the air behind you. I am glad those misnomers were removed.

• Like 1

Try this, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewRBaRD2By0 made a guide for new players. I mention most of the basics of the game.

I havent done a graphic settings guide however because it depends alot on your machine and personal preferences.

But i recomend you try different settings until you are satisfied, there are some simple settings you should try right away tho like removing clouds and removing bloom.

• Like 1

Previous (First) Thread: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/217904-first-100-minutes-of-gameplay/

List of Difficulties Encountered during Game Play (continued):

1 ) Terrain features sometimes resemble tangible items and vice versa

2 ) Give players the option to customize the range of brightness in which the auto-dimming works between

3 ) Ratio of zombies found per acre is low

4 ) Consider changing default video settings from very high to normal

Bugs experienced:

1 ) Entered "1st/3rd person view" server, but stuck in 1st person. Entered the same server a second time and was then able to toggle correctly.

2 ) Moved item from jacket A slot (vicinity) to jacket B slot (inventory) , item fell to the ground. Moved item from ground into jacket B slot correctly.

Conclusion:

Overall, my second experience with the game was more enjoyable than the first. The controls felt more intuitive and interactions with the environment were smoother. Number 3 from List of Difficulties was the most disappointing to me out of all listed comments. I consider it as a major flaw thus far in my analysis of the game.

They will be adding more zombies into the game, as well as improving the AI. As of right now, they are working on a few things so there's no point in updating them and spending man-hours (aka- money) on something that will be thrown out in the coming months. Same goes for optimization of the entirety of the game. Things will get smoother once the necessary systems are implemented.

Think of it this way. Would you invest $500 to beef up your windows 98 machine when you know you'll be buying a shiny new and state of the art one in 4 months for $1000? Same goes for DayZ.

in relation to your first thread about FPS issues:

-If you use an Nvidia graphics card check this quick 45 second video

-After that is done, follow this guide as well: http://www.dayztv.com/standalone/dayz-performance-guide-crash-fix/

- Then, if you are still having FPS issues reduce ALL settings to minimum besides your resolution (set to what your monitor is currently), your rendering resolution (set to 100%), and your aspect ratio (if using a widescreen set to 16:9/16:10 depending on what size screen you have).

Edited by GunRunner
  • Like 1