crazykage

So, can someone explain how exactly THIS little thing makes sense?

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/546391566409779851/AFE13AA2C253CCFAE2A08239BD8D6ECCA8AB3096/

Edit: in case you didn't catch it, I am hungry, hydrated, AND stuffed. WAH???

I cannot get out of this loop where I eat to sate hunger, but get full or VERY stuffed before getting energized. Then I get back down to starving, eat a piece of fruit, and I am stuffed again. Im constantly either about to puke, or about to starve, and either way, never energized.

Edited by Crazykage

Yes, if your "Hungery" and "Stuffed" It means you have drank nothing but water till your belly is full without eating food. Lol thats what your referring to right?

• Like 3

i have gotten this before. it is a pain in the arse to play with. i have found that if you go to a well, drink till you throw up, then eat, it helps a bit. good luck.

• Like 2

Yes, if your "Hungery" and "Stuffed" It means you have drank nothing but water till your belly is full without eating food. Lol thats what your referring to right?

No, this has come about entirely from eating food. Aside from a few sodas, no drinking. All of the hydration has come from what you get from foods like oranges and kiwis and some of the canned foods that provide hydration in addition to nutrition.

i have gotten this before. it is a pain in the arse to play with. i have found that if you go to a well, drink till you throw up, then eat, it helps a bit. good luck.

Ill give that a try. Thanks!

seems like this only started to happen to me after the last patch. Thus far I have noticed with all of my characters that I get full MUCH quicker, making getting full hydration AND energy (and therefore healthy/healing status) more time consuming. But THIS character in particular has had a really rough time for some reason. Either the nutrition value of food dropped, or its "volume" increased. Either way, its kinda badly balanced, IMO.

Looks like you have an invisible tent

Lol. I JUST saw that. weird....

No, this has come about entirely from eating food. Aside from a few sodas, no drinking. All of the hydration has come from what you get from foods like oranges and kiwis and some of the canned foods that provide hydration in addition to nutrition.

Oh ok well there was nothing before your edit saying how you got it so i was pretty much taking a wild guess lol.

Type of food could do this. Some foods have very low Nutritional value but will fill you up pretty quick. Then trying to get hydrated on top of that will fill you. I also believe being cold will sap energy without taking away hydration. The potato you are carrying is an example of a low nutrition but filling food. So watch for  your temperature notifications and make sure you are not constantly being cold and maybe eat something like Powdered Milk if you can find it which is high on nutrition and low on filling.

• Like 1

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/546391566409779851/AFE13AA2C253CCFAE2A08239BD8D6ECCA8AB3096/

Edit: in case you didn't catch it, I am hungry, hydrated, AND stuffed. WAH???

I cannot get out of this loop where I eat to sate hunger, but get full or VERY stuffed before getting energized. Then I get back down to starving, eat a piece of fruit, and I am stuffed again. Im constantly either about to puke, or about to starve, and either way, never energized.

hungry and stuffed are 2 diff things, Hungry means you dont have enough calories available, stuffed means your belly is full and takes time to empty. calories burn off slower so you want to fill your belly and then find foods that have higher caloriy content to eat later. So eat everything you find at first till your stuffed then pick and choose

Also water fills your belly. Its a balance you will figure out later

This works for me. Also, you can get stuffed pretty fast if you start out by drinking tons of water before eating anything.

If you are stuffed and hungry then fruit or veg is not the answer, they contain too much liquid to sustain your calorie requirements.

There is a table here detailing the values: http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Food_and_Drink

As someone alluded to above, very low water content but high calorie food is what you need; rice, milk powder. 

In your current state I wouldn't eat that potato and while you are hungry you are clearly some distance from death as I see colour in your screen (not the inventory, the screen). I've sprinted for 10 minutes (in game) while the you are "dying of starvation" message spammed me and still managed to turn it around.

If you are wondering how easy it is to get into the state you are in? Very easy. Spawn, plant tomatoes, eat all tomatoes grown and you'll still be hungry, but hydrated and stuffed.

Only ever eat Rice, Powdered milk, peaches, sardines, and tuna.  

The rest is garbage and only eat unless you are on red hunger.

Pfft. Fish, boar, deer and beef! 

Free range, freshly cooked, that's the stuff!

• Like 2

I eat pretty much anything I come across EXCEPT rice, powdered milk, tuna or sardines, and I never have issues with overstuffing or malnutrition. 90% of the time my guy is energized and hydrated, and if either status drops, I eat or drink the next thing I find. Never stuffed, and I can't remember the last time I came close to starvation on stable.

Peaches are my still favorite though. 

I eat pretty much anything I come across EXCEPT rice, powdered milk, tuna or sardines, and I never have issues with overstuffing or malnutrition. 90% of the time my guy is energized and hydrated, and if either status drops, I eat or drink the next thing I find. Never stuffed, and I can't remember the last time I came close to starvation on stable.

Peaches are by some margin the best food item in the game if you compare the calories/water values. Only a bag of rice will give you more calories but then it dehydrates you while peaches are almost as hydrating as a can of soda. It really needs to be bumped down quite a bit. In fact I think all the food/veg needs to be rejigged quite a bit.

Just from my experience fruits and stuff may as well jusrt be drinks, they seem to hardly effect hunger but really help with hydration. Maybe you did just overload your stomach with "food" that's mostly water :)

If not then yeah try throwing up and see if that helps :)

Then you are doing it wrong. The goal is not to get "energized and hydrated" or "not coming close to starvation", the goal is to get the healthy status and quite simply the fastest way is what I suggested. Healthy status should be one of your main priorities.

Pfft. Fish, boar, deer and beef! 

Free range, freshly cooked, that's the stuff!

Lol, if you want to do it hard way and for less reward, who am I to argue :thumbsup: