therandomredstone

Dayz Service Down / DDoS Attack

Funny that everyone WITH the fix. Is currently AT HOME or in Another country and unable to give constructive assistance..

Everyone whines and wonders if they even KNOW the havoc glitchers hackers dupers and the like do and how  we feel....

*Points to the down servers*

Im guessing they are getting first hand experience.

Let THEM do what you all consistently say we pay them for.

Sit back relax watch a movie go play Minecraft or whatever..

Its NOT the end of.... DayZ (Days) the world.

• Like 2

Funny that everyone WITH the fix. Is currently AT HOME or in Another country and unable to give constructive assistance..

Everyone whines and wonders if they even KNOW the havoc glitchers hackers dupers and the like do and how  we feel....

*Points to the down servers*

Im guessing they are getting first hand experience.

Let THEM do what you all consistently say we pay them for.

Sit back relax watch a movie go play Minecraft or whatever..

Its NOT the end of.... DayZ (Days) the world.

We haven't paid for anything. We have invested.

It is very pretty and makes a nice screen saver but does not relate to the situation at hand.

How so?

We haven't paid for anything. We have invested.

And that is exactly where you're wrong and what is the biggest misconception going around.

And that is exactly where you're wrong and what is the biggest misconception going around.

Would you care to explain? YOu can't really say its the biggest misconception around and not give any evidence to rebut it.

When I gave my Money for the game, I was clearly under the impression that my money was going to the DayZ team to enable them to make a game which I believe I will enjoy once its finished. I want to play the end game therefore I invested my money into it. 

Edited by Mr Sunshine Kid

lol i hope my character isnt wiped... i joined a server not knowing this and was disconnected, and reconnected with a fresh spawn :(

Would you care to explain? YOu can't really say its the biggest misconception around and not give any evidence to rebut it.

When I gave my Money for the game, I was clearly under the impression that my money was going to the DayZ team to enable them to make a game which I believe I will enjoy once its finished. I want to play the end game therefore I invested my money into it. 

No, you paid Bohemia Interactive for a product. You haven't invested any more than you do when you pre-order a game.

Edited by Accolyte
  • Like 1

investment is the act of putting money into something in the hope of returning more money. It also means something else so it is fair to say "we have not invested in dayz yet we are deeply invested."

Edited by freethink

No, you paid Bohemia Interactive for a product. You haven't invested any more than you do when you pre-order a game.

This. You basically got a huge discount on a finished product in exchange for assistance in testing the work-in-progress as it is developed. You've invested your time and energy in a very vague sense, but you have not invested in the financial/corporate way that you're thinking. The game would still be made through funding from Bohemia Interactive without Early Access, which is the whole point behind a major publisher purchasing the development team and fostering its progress with its own resources.

Edited by Tatanko

Sorry I disagree. I gave my money to BI, not for a product, but to invest in a future, complete game.

From Wikipedia (first sentence actually): "Early access, alphafunding, or paid-alpha is a funding model in the video game industry by which consumers can pay for a game in the early stages of development and obtain access to playable but unfinished versions of the game, while the developer is able to use those funds to continue work on the game."

Sorry I disagree. I gave my money to BI, not for a product, but to invest in a future, complete game.

From Wikipedia (first sentence actually): "Early access, alphafunding, or paid-alpha is a funding model in the video game industry by which consumers can pay for a game in the early stages of development and obtain access to playable but unfinished versions of the game, while the developer is able to use those funds to continue work on the game."

you have fundamentally misunderstood the word "invest."

Fair enough, you have funded development and you are even invested in the results but you haven't invested in the game.

TF2 and Dota2 don't have the same appeal tonight as much as DayZ does :(

Edited by Tinkerbell-x
  • Like 1

you have fundamentally misunderstood the word "invest."

Fair enough, you have funded development and you are even invested in the results but you haven't invested in the game.

Sigh... trust me, I haven't.

You dont have to invest money in return for money.

I have invested MONEY in return for a finished game that I believe I will ENJOY.  MONEY ----> ENJOYMENT. 

I have invested MONEY in return for a finished game that I believe I will ENJOY.  MONEY ----> ENJOYMENT. 

I think you should hold off setting up a trust considering you don't understand investiments

Well, you're wrong though. You have pre-ordered a final product at a discounted price with the ability to play the game now in its unfinished state. It doesn't matter if you believe otherwise, because this is what it is, friend ;)

Well, you're wrong though. You have pre-ordered a final product at a discounted price with the ability to play the game now in its unfinished state. It doesn't matter if you believe otherwise, because this is what it is, friend ;)

Apart from the fact that my money goes toward hiring developers, coders, graphic artists etc to make the game faster and to make the game better. I.E. I am getting a return on my money by getting a better end game. That, my friend, is called an investment.  :)

Apart from the fact that my money goes toward hiring developers, coders, graphic artists etc to make the game faster and to make the game better. I.E. I am getting a return on my money by getting a better end game. That, my friend, is called an investment.  :)

nope it's called a purchase. If you buy a can of beans at walmart your money goes towards hiring staff/product testing/advertising/ etc

you haven't invested in beans you just bought them

Edited by freethink
  • Like 2

I gave Bohemia $30 for an Alpha that has been the best $30 game I ever bought, finished or not, broken or not. 

Whenever this guy buys a Coke he probably thinks he's invested in the company.  Doesn't matter if he's just wrong or a troll.  Stop feeding him.