SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.52 "Holiday Special" Discussion

yeah, I got in game... started playing, beat a zombie with a hockey stick, then all the servers went POOF again ;)

Edited by BlackDalia

Just keep reporting your bugs people. In the proper channels of course. Easier to fix when everyone gives input. Awesome pictures so far. Thanks to those who are sharing. Can't wait to get on tonight.

On another note, has anyone figured out which weapons the two new silencers go onto? (Suppressor NATO and Suppressor East)

Normally, NATO will go to the M4 variants and East to the AK variants. Don't quote me on this though, I've been wrong before.

On another note, has anyone figured out which weapons the two new silencers go onto? (Suppressor NATO and Suppressor East)

Im guessing, M4/aug and the AK variants. 

Normally, NATO will go to the M4 variants and East to the AK variants. Don't quote me on this though, I've been wrong before.

I was thinking the east was for the AK's. The m4 already has a silencer though so I wasn't sure on the NATO one

Guys (and gals) what's your game version after the latest small patch? 0.52.126005?

Guys (and gals) what's your game version after the latest small patch? 0.52.126005?

That's the one I have.

• Like 1

Loot bubbles are the major characteristic of the game now. You will find 3km circles with plentiful loot,  3km circles with normal loot  and 3km circles with no loot.

If you get in a no loot circle early on, you will not have enough energy to search your way out of it. You have to make bold moves when you realize your in one. 

If you get in an area with plenty of loot search EVERYWHERE.

Got the nx45 and a magazine for it for the first time in forever. With the silencer it is a very amazing zombie weapon.

I found a Steyr/Aug and put the NATO suppressor on it, didn't get to fire it before the servers went down, going back in now

• Like 1

Grrrr. I was really hoping they wouldn't do a character reset for such a minor update. I was all set and in the proper location to do more exploring. Now I have to start all over :(

On the bright side loot seems to be in the right spots.

Hopefully there is some left 5 hours from now :p

• Like 1

why must rebooted servers start in the dark?

I kind of like it for a change.  :)

Also I was wrong about fires not working yesterday, they just work much slower now so you aren't "Hot" within seconds.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1

Also I was wrong about fires not working yesterday, they just work much slower now so you aren't "Hot" within seconds.

That's probably a good thing. Hard to enjoy a fire when I have to sit 10 feet away from it :p I wonder if they've changed the pace of cooking at all as well? I think the amount of time it takes to cook something is reasonable, but the near-instant change to "burnt" from cooked needs to be tweaked a bit.

• Like 1

na it sucks, i was looking forward to playing tonight and its hard to play when its dark

Edited by Anddos

na it sucks, i was looking forward to playing tonight and its hard to play when its dark

You start with a flashlight, and even though I hate to encourage using it, there is always the gamma trick.

For me it's going to suck because I won't be able to get a good look at the rest of the map changes. Oh well. This will probably be out on Stable tomorrow (hopefully!) and then it won't really matter so much.

I'm having trouble to see any exp servers most of the time despite allowing everything to be displayed.

Edited by V0rador

Man I'm finding so many guns (largely because I was one of the first on the server). Found a Mosin about 20s after spawn followed by two repeaters in one police station and an AK-74 in another, not to mention 3 or so pistols. SO MANY DECISIONS.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1