Sign in to follow this  
Baker.

Suggestion Weather Sync

Suggest syncing the weather state across all hive connected servers. Would remove the "fug this server its raining" effect

• Like 2

Eh... not convinced. I don't mind if it rains or not, and it's never made me switch servers. 

Eh... not convinced. I don't mind if it rains or not, and it's never made me switch servers. 

Then this doesn't affect you. But you would have to recognize that this happens frequently. 

You're actually the first one on this forum I can think of who has complained about switching servers to avoid rain. Out of the many reasons people server hop, this one ranks very low on the list, I'd say.

You're actually the first one on this forum I can think of who has complained about switching servers to avoid rain. Out of the many reasons people server hop, this one ranks very low on the list, I'd say.

It actually is a phenomenon and was even more so when it was affecting your temperature a little bit more.

And just think about the future and how it's going to be harder with the weather actually affecting your gameplay a lot more, then it would get a bigger issue.

• Like 1

Meh... essentially this would a be a tweak catering to the weak. Hoppers gonna hop, if not for the weather, then for lack of loot, or too many players, or nighttime or various other reasons.

Meh... essentially this would a be a tweak catering to the weak. Hoppers gonna hop, if not for the weather, then for lack of loot, or too many players, or nighttime or various other reasons.

:facepalm:

Many people don't like playing in the rain. It isn't uncommon. 

Edited by rjclock
  • Like 1

:facepalm:

I re-read what you wrote and accept your facepalm. 

Still, assuming synching weather across the entire hive isn't an easy feat, I think this is shooting a mosquito with an elephant gun. With waterproof clothing and backpacks added, negative effects of rain are less of a problem.  

Still, assuming synching weather across the entire hive isn't an easy feat,

It actually would be really easy, weather is a few simple values in Arma based games. You would simply ask the engine to look for these values in the hive. Honestly,  one of the reasons I proposed it was the fact it would be really easy to implement and add a consistent experience across servers.

Edited by B@ker

Ultimate thing for public hive would be:

Synced weather and season on every server.

Synced time on every server but day cycle needs to be bit under 24h (not too much or the immersion is gone) so it's not always the same time every day at the same time.

Public hives should be only hosted by trusted people. There are already too many servers on the game to choose.

• Like 1

Synced time on every server but day cycle needs to be bit under 24h (not too much or the immersion is gone) so it's not always the same time every day at the same time.

Public hives should be only hosted by trusted people. There are already too many servers on the game to choose.

This, also Bakey I support the idea 9/10.

• Like 1

The only thing I would disagree with is the time, i like it to be my local time. But thats just my preference