comikz

Know your role, and stick to your words.

We wish megaphones would be implemented after global sound gets ironed out.

Let's pretend that we indeed do have a megaphone, and I see you in-game first, and give you my 'word' :

*Skrreech*  "Fuckhead, yeah you, Fuckhead"

<pause to determine if you wanna be my lover and could get with my friends>

*Skrreech*  "He's resisting arrest"

<bullets come from multiple directions to make the arrest>

<at this point, that area is a crime scene and anyone following suit is interfering with it even though I'm too far away to hear them, bygod they hear me>

#toetag

Just kidding.  Or am I?  Did I take my medication?   

A likely scenario for sure.

Don't take the meds, you might ruin the mood  :)

It keeps it unpredictable, and there is something entertaining about it.

Yesterday I met a friend, we traded a few items, had a small loot run, we wanted to find him some more ammo.

I walked him up to a weapon, I remembered seeing.

Soon as he loaded it and handled it, from there on, my mind kept going back and forth...

"is this dude going to double cross me?" I had to keep moving behind walls and stuff, and the conversations became quite awkward. I think we were trying to feel each other out.

It was an interesting 'real life' kinda moment.

How did he get your steam ID?

When in-game you can press Shift+Tab then click on the View Players tab, since my IGN and Steam ID are almost identical, it was an easy guess, besides I was the only one on besides his clanmate and himself.

* LONG POST * First off this thread is in part a rant, and also a discussion on it's topic. ( So if you don't like people speaking their mind, please, leave now. )

So I have played this game for over 1600+ hours, never touched any of the Arma games, so my experiences are purely base off my time in the Standalone.

Earlier today, I was heading back from Pavlovo MB, where I was searching for a range finder, found one and a battery for it, and decided to head back towards the coast because that's where my clan and I spend most of our time once where geared up, so I am on the server with two other people, who where in the same clan as one another, so needless to say I was being cautious.

I am nearing Balota AF and hear the explosion of the nearby gas station go off, so I go into my slow n' steady approach to the AF, upon reaching the warehouse at the east-end of the AF, a guy with an M4 rounds the same corner, needless to say, me going with the Wild Wild West get up ( Repeater/Magnum + Cowboy hat, ect. ) was grossly over powered by a dude with an M4 so we made some small talk, he tells me, hey, my buddy and I are friendly, my name is even HERO, I check the player list and sure enough one of the guys from the clan is named HERO, so a bit of small talk continues and the dude says, " Its ok to stop moving we're not going to shoot you ", ( Which if you've played this game for any sort of time, that's a loud of BS... ) so I go on to say, " No man, I don't doubt that your friendly, but I've played long enough to know that holding still, gets you shot ".

So I tell him that I'm just going to run off and continue my way to Elektro because I need protector cases, and it's a good place to get them.

So I run off, no sooner did I reach the center of the AF that a hail of M4 shots go ringing past my head, I say to myself, I F'ing knew it....

Later the LEADER of said clan messages me on Steam to ask me to please come back and help his " Sick " friend, I laugh, tell him I'm not an idiot, and promptly block him...

TL:DR: Met a guy at Balota, said he was friendly, went to leave, pow pow pow with M4, managed to get away.

*Breaths deep*

Alright so how many of you say one thing and do the opposite, how many of you feel that sticking to your playstyle and honoring your word is the way to go, I think it's good to be honest and stick to how you play, be it friendly/hostile/bandit/hero ect. stick to it, be honest with your words, less they come back to bite you.

( If the guys are reading this, know that my clan and I will hunt you down, break your legs, and say don't worry we're friendly. ) 

I am going to say this as nicely as posible, but reading what you said I am surprised you have been playing 1600 hours. Have you not learned yet you cannot trust random strangers ingame? Have you not learned that this game really has no ethics built into the mechanics and most players dont have any? Lets be honest here. Theres no rules saying anyone at any time have to cut you any slack.....ever. I learned these things my first week playing this game....its filled to the brim with complete dick head players. Sure there are a few that are nice, but must random players do not have your best intentions in mind.  

You know something, I don't get the hole hero or bandit play style. Its dumb, its spill of terms from the mod and this is not the mod, there is no mechanic built in for  ethics or rules. So WTF you think players are going to do when there avarage age is like 16 to maybe 20 or something and there males. There going to dick with people in game thats what there going to do. There not fully mature and if they dont have clear rules set in front of them, there not going to follow them becuase there are none. Its a perfect storm for ass hatery and just really bad behavor in a video game. Plus its a GAME which makes being a dick to someone even easier, not like there really hurting anyone. Dont expect people to not be dicks.  

Man I dont even use voice prox anymore unless someone hails me 1st. Radio silence. 

I know how players are that play this game, most of them pvp is there end game. There end game is to shoot someone or dick with people. Even "hero" players are like that....there sometimes even worse. They can demonize people, "oh well he's a bandit so I am going to shoot him" not even really knowing. You really need to justify that LOL sounds like a waste of time. God some of the bigest KOSers I have seen in this game were "Hero" play style lol. They feel there the judge and jury. Your either a bullit spung doing that play style or a complete hypocrite. It really is the truth. I know that will make some mad but it really is the truth in the stand alone...it just is. You know I tip my hat to the concept, but until there is somekind of accountablity players actions in this game, theres really no point. Currently there is none.

Know your role LOL maybe you should know yours...Look I am sure your a nice guy, but you serously need to understand the stand alone and the players who play it....This is not the mod, there is no incentive to be nice to people in game currently.

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 1

I am going to say this as nicely as posible, but reading what you said I am surprised you have been playing 1600 hours. Have you not learned yet you cannot trust random strangers ingame? Have you not learned that this game really has no ethics built into the mechanics and most players dont have any? Lets be honest here. Theres no rules saying anyone at any time have to cut you any slack.....ever. I learned these things my first week playing this game....its filled to the brim with complete dick head players. Sure there are a few that are nice, but must random players do not have your best intentions in mind.  

You know something, I don't get the hole hero or bandit play style. Its dumb, its spill of terms from the mod and this is not the mod, there is no mechanic built in for  ethics or rules. So WTF you think players are going to do when there avarage age is like 16 to maybe 20 or something and there males. There going to dick with people in game thats what there going to do. There not fully mature and if they dont have clear rules set in front of them, there not going to follow them becuase there are none. Its a perfect storm for ass hatery and just really bad behavor in a video game. Plus its a GAME which makes being a dick to someone even easier, not like there really hurting anyone. Dont expect people to not be dicks.  

Man I dont even use voice prox anymore unless someone hails me 1st. Radio silence. 

I know how players are that play this game, most of them pvp is there end game. There end game is to shoot someone or dick with people. Even "hero" players are like that....there sometimes even worse. They can demonize people, "oh well he's a bandit so I am going to shoot him" not even really knowing. You really need to justify that LOL sounds like a waste of time. God some of the bigest KOSers I have seen in this game were "Hero" play style lol. They feel there the judge and jury. Your either a bullit spung doing that play style or a complete hypocrite. It really is the truth. I know that will make some mad but it really is the truth in the stand alone...it just is. You know I tip my hat to the concept, but until there is somekind of accountablity players actions in this game, theres really no point. Currently there is none.

Know your role LOL maybe you should know yours...Look I am sure your a nice guy, but you serously need to understand the stand alone and the players who play it....This is not the mod, there is no incentive to be nice to people in game currently.

Again, I'm not talking about using Deception or Tricks to get the edge on someone, I am well aware of how people are in this game and I am also aware of how people will play how they want to.

What I am talking about is the people who Lie to you, not because they're trying to deceive you or trick you into talking to them long enough for their partner to get a shot on you, I am talking about the cowards in the game who are too chicken to engage people right as they see them, surprised or not. These cowards will only turn on you when they have a 100% chance of ending your life, these are the same type of people who will camp a building, because they don't want to risk being exposed.

But I digress, this thread has been blown out of proportion, by the crowd of, " It's a GAME so I can do or behave however the hell I want too. " mentality of players, so if a mod sees this, please lock or delete it.

Edited by ComikZ

Again, I'm not talking about using Deception or Tricks to get the edge on someone, I am well aware of how people are in this game and I am also aware of how people will play how they want to.

What I am talking about is the people who Lie to you, not because they're trying to deceive you or trick you into talking to them long enough for their partner to get a shot on you, I am talking about the cowards in the game who are too chicken to engage people right as they see them, surprised or not. These cowards will only turn on you when they have a 100% chance of ending your life, these are the same type of people who will camp a building, because they don't want to risk being exposed.

But I digress, this thread has been blown out of proportion, by the crowd of, " It's a GAME so I can do or behave however the hell I want too. " mentality of players, so if a mod sees this, please lock or delete it.

I understand what your saying and why you or anyone really would think its bad. It is bad behavor to backstab players. But there is no incentive for players to be nice or follow any rules, when you add in basicly kids too this stew of a game. Your going to have that type of shit going on all the time.  People KOS all the time, people set each other up, torture each other ect ect in this game. The way this game is now its really is set up for people to do what ever the hell they want to each other. Every patch it gets alittle worse too, now they have eating people, even more reason for people to KOS.

I go into it knowing that, and as hard is it is for me to say this, I go into it expecting that it is a really dangerous and random players are mis-leading and not to be trusted. They will dick with you.

Its really bad in this game if you let your self be a victom it really is. There more bad behavor in game this game then any other video game I have ever seen. You can be the best player and know everthing about Dayz SA, you also have to know the people who play this game...Random players in game are just not worth taking your chances with...unless you just don't care wether your avatar lives or not. I am quick to open fire on players I dont know, really quick. Screw making contact.......See that now I'm part of the problem. See how KOS starts...its the truth. Even the best players turn into KOSers. Theres no trust with anyone.

A trend I have been noticing lately that worrys me a little about were this game is heading, and the people who play it. Yesterday I was decided to to watch a some streamers.......My god...One of them was doing just that he was setting players up to eat them. He was talking about rape, weird gay stuff and was basicly a KOSer....just weird and kind of disturbing the way he was talking. I watched him for a while and thought..WOW.. this is getting out of hand...Way out of hand....simulated murder, rape(it may not have it built in the game) it def poping up, eating people...man oh man. People like that are the reason why I do not trust anyone in game....no random person..I sometimes question wether I should even play it anymore, with this weird sick twisted weird shit going on. Only team mates on TS I trust really. The reality is there are a few that take it way to far...I think the devs might wanna take a hard look at what they have created, and what kind of effect it has on a young mind. Im not kiding.......It seems def happening more then it was before. Infact when I 1st started playing I never really saw that much weird twisted stuff going on. Now its kind of rampid, and its just more bad behavor to add to the list. That bazare shit, is what makes me not wanna play...more then KOSers, back stabers, and the like by far. I can deal with them, but that weird shit......isn't there going to be legal issues with that? Its discusting. So like you I have a line that I have drawn....I really am not sure I am willing to deal with bazare behavor like that. Even if it is just a game. I was almost tempted to report it. Man the stuff that guy was saying....

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 1

I understand what your saying and why you or anyone really would think its bad. It is bad behavor to backstab players. But there is no incentive for players to be nice or follow any rules, when you add in basicly kids too this stew of a game. Your going to have that type of shit going on all the time.  People KOS all the time, people set each other up, torture each other ect ect in this game. The way this game is now its really is set up for people to do what ever the hell they want to each other. Every patch it gets alittle worse too, now they have eating people, even more reason for people to KOS.

I go into it knowing that, and as hard is it is for me to say this, I go into it expecting that it is a really dangerous and random players are mis-leading and not to be trusted. They will dick with you.

Its really bad in this game if you let your self be a victom it really is. There more bad behavor in game this game then any other video game I have ever seen. You can be the best player and know everthing about Dayz SA, you also have to know the people who play this game...Random players in game are just not worth taking your chances with...unless you just don't care wether your avatar lives or not. I am quick to open fire on players I dont know, really quick. Screw making contact.......See that now I'm part of the problem. See how KOS starts...its the truth. Even the best players turn into KOSers. Theres no trust with anyone.

A trend I have been noticing lately that worrys me a little about were this game is heading, and the people who play it. Yesterday I was decided to to watch a some streamers.......My god...One of them was doing just that he was setting players up to eat them. He was talking about rape, weird gay stuff and was basicly a KOSer....just weird and kind of disturbing the way he was talking. I watched him for a while and thought..WOW.. this is getting out of hand...Way out of hand....simulated murder, rape(it may not have it built in the game) it def poping up, eating people...man oh man. People like that are the reason why I do not trust anyone in game....no random person..I sometimes question wether I should even play it anymore, with this weird sick twisted weird shit going on. Only team mates on TS I trust really. The reality is there are a few that take it way to far...I think the devs might wanna take a hard look at what they have created, and what kind of effect it has on a young mind. Im not kiding.......It seems def happening more then it was before. Infact when I 1st started playing I never really saw that much weird twisted stuff going on. Now its kind of rampid, and its just more bad behavor to add to the list. That bazare shit, is what makes me not wanna play...more then KOSers, back stabers, and the like by far. I can deal with them, but that weird shit......isn't there going to be legal issues with that? Its discusting. So like you I have a line that I have drawn....I really am not sure I am willing to deal with bazare behavor like that. Even if it is just a game. I was almost tempted to report it. Man the stuff that guy was saying....

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

EDIT Ok, this quoting didnt work as intended.. Im gonna be tricky.

I guess then, youve fallen a victim to verbal expressions, dont worry about the young minds, if this screws them off the top like bottlecaps, they are already on the path themselfs.

Like prescription drugs arent doing that in the everyday life, teenagers killing themself because of reputation, self esteem and the whole status shiiiiet. No stay in your placism, dont be labeled like items on a shelf. You know your best, the young minds ought to do the same. I can see some pumping fun verbally bomb you while im trying to ram my axe up your holes and put my son in ya before you turn cold. Corrupted young minds? No, just an old one in a box here. Im like the legs of an paraplegic really, I am still a part of you, even if you cant feel me.

Take care.

Edited by JohnyBravo

Hmm, what is my role?

I'm a Cherno-Russian Ranger. The official description of which is "A PMC group who have been hired by the russian government to hunt and kill all survivors so they can cover up the apocalypse with a nuclear event."

So I suppose my role is to kill everyone I see without question. But generally we only fight if we have to, often hunting squads teams of heavily armed players in a deadly game of cat and mouse.

But we always try to take them captive and give them a dignified death by firing squad, or offer them a way out of it. Through trivia or some challenge.

Have to say, when it comes to bases it's shoot or be killed. People go to those places knowing that's what happens though sometimes the situation allows for a friendly encounter but that happens by coincidence. My friend and I are shoot first whenever we're there - it's the only way to be sure...

I have watched some streams and have seen a few "getting carried away" moments as well.

Just people, not even always young sounding, going way too far with the insults, and just being outright evil beyond the means of playing a video game.

I've seen guys meet girls in game (whether real or just avatar) and heard some things being said that make me change game streams.

In a sense, an open world game with no boundaries is a perfect place for a disturbed, socially inept person to get it all out of their system.

I'd prefer they do it in a game though. Perhaps it is a good thing that they have a release.

That said, again I watch a ton of streams, I watch more than I play. I don't know what it is about streamers, but their random interactions seem to end positive more often than not.

Of course these are streamers that loot inland and avoid the 'hood. When on the coast, or especially bases, anything goes. I don't think it's all that bad overall, but I wish there were some incentive for 'nice' guys as well.

This would be why I prefer Private Servers to Public. On a Private Server I can encounter a person and after that encounter walk away with an understanding of what they are like. Later on I can base my reactions on how they were.

For Example, on a private DayZ Epoch mod server I had been slowly building up a base by myself by fortifying an existing brown barn on an island. I had gathered enough cinder block and mortar to block off one of the big entrances and the side door and build a metal garage door for the other large entrance so I could drive my Vodnik in.  I had also filled in a few other areas with low Cinderblock walls and covered the more open spaces with wood walls. I had a ladder leading to the roof of the barn and the start of a landing platform up there for later when I had a chopper. 

I was working on the base and I am a paranoid sort so I always close and lock doors after going through them. I had gathered up a bunch of wood and was slowly turning it into lumber, then plywood, then walls and floors and ladders to do more until I could loot more cinderblock to make everything more secure when I suddenly hear over direct chat. "Mercules, come out and play." think this:
giphy.gif

So I hear this coming from outside my base and circling my walls. I go up my ladder because it is not obvious from the ground where it is although it is risky and just poke enough out to take a quick look around and I can't see the guy, but the sound of his voice is moving. I tell him to go away but he continues taunting me and so finally I get a pretty good bead on where he is and open fire through the wooden portions of the wall. I then use my knowledge of where there are crates and cinder walls to keep in cover and fire between my cover when I think he is in the various areas. 

End of story I guess I broke the guy's leg and he drug himself off among the other buildings on the small island where zombies found him and ended up making him bleed so much he used his other bandages. He then labeled me a "bandit" since I shot at him and ended up hunting for me even to the point of changing his in game name and trying to lure me to a location. I was able to chat with a few other regulars and find out his reputation and it wasn't high. He wasn't one of the out and out bandits of the server, but he wasn't above shooting people for no apparent reason. I knew from then on not to trust him in any situation and would vacate areas I knew him to be haunting just to avoid more encounters where he would claim I was the aggressor. 

On private servers reputations develop and some don't mind having the Bandit reputation while others will work damn hard to keep their more heroic one going. One public servers, you run into so many people they are nearly anonymous and you literally can't trust anyone you can't invite to coffee in real life. ;)

I have watched some streams and have seen a few "getting carried away" moments as well.

Just people, not even always young sounding, going way too far with the insults, and just being outright evil beyond the means of playing a video game.

I've seen guys meet girls in game (whether real or just avatar) and heard some things being said that make me change game streams.

In a sense, an open world game with no boundaries is a perfect place for a disturbed, socially inept person to get it all out of their system.

I'd prefer they do it in a game though. Perhaps it is a good thing that they have a release.

That said, again I watch a ton of streams, I watch more than I play. I don't know what it is about streamers, but their random interactions seem to end positive more often than not.

Of course these are streamers that loot inland and avoid the 'hood. When on the coast, or especially bases, anything goes. I don't think it's all that bad overall, but I wish there were some incentive for 'nice' guys as well.

Heres one of the problems with Dayz SA. This game has a ton of players that are under the age of 18. I know this from playing in a few different groups now. The type of behavor I saw on the stream I watched, which by the way had no age restriction was down right ubscene and distrubing. Really bad and really weird. This guy went from having simulated pretend gay sex with on of his team mates, to then shooting some player they lured into his group then eating him, then sexualy harassing a female in his group. The way he was talking too and the things he was talking about was really bazare and just bad.  Really bad behavor. This type of stuff will get dayz a bad rap really quick. This not the 1st time I have seen this sort of bazare stuff go on. Nothing a kid should exposed too. 

I noticed that the whole eating people add to the game seemed to have brought out some weirdos and mentally disturbed people. What it says to these people is hey this type of bad behavor is welcome here and you can talk to and treat other players how ever you want. I noticed its happening way more often then when I 1st started playing. Recently there has been a real uptick. Dont get me wrong joking around is fine, busting chops and the like. But this really bazare weird behavor crap.....I don't like it. I have really thick skin when it comes to this game too, I can deal with KOSers, I can deal with turn coats, "bandits" and the like...its what this game is. But that weird bazare behavor I dont want any part off. I am almost 100% sure, if that sort of thing happened to someone who was some how tramatised by it..or some young kid acts out it out for real.....there will be some pretty serous legal problems and posibly problems with the press as well.

Also yes think for the most part I aggree, that most streamers and players dont behave that way. But lately there def has been more.

I have been serously considering just not playing dayz SA, and maybe buying arma 3 and playing that instead for a while. Theres so many bugs, I kind of dont like .51 and to be honest.  With the behavor type of behavor which I have seen and heard more then once I think is discusting and alarming. Makes me not even want to play.  

Edited by CJFlint

People are so used to games that hold their hands. DayZ does not hold your hand and I love that.

In real life would I KoS in a zombie apocalypse? Most definitely not. I would do everything within my power to help other people. I would never take another persons life unless absolutely necessary as would most everyone else, even some of the sick fucks in chat.

This is not real life though.

Killing other players is fun. I have a friend in real life I play with. I will use any strategy that my mind can come up with to kill another player. I will lie, manipulate, and give you a false sense of security until I spray you with bullets. It's too bad you can't chop a body up, and keep a head in your inventory like the good ol' days of Ultima Online. I need collections of body parts.

With that being said not everyone is like me and that's good, but without KoS assholes like me, the game would get very stale.

Even the idea that there are sick twisted people in chat saying gay, rapist shit, ect ect. That makes it interesting to me. I'm not as bad as my friend. He said if someone killed themselves irl over what he did to them in-game he could write that off as an accomplishment. My suggestion to people that get upset about KoS. Wait a little longer until the game is more polished, join a teamspeak, join a clan, make friends in the forums, add people on steam. Be proactive instead of reactive. Trackin? Good. Now execute!

Have to say, when it comes to bases it's shoot or be killed. People go to those places knowing that's what happens though sometimes the situation allows for a friendly encounter but that happens by coincidence. My friend and I are shoot first whenever we're there - it's the only way to be sure...

For the most part since I have been playing that has been an un-spoken rule. Military bases are KOS areas...well anywhere really but bases more so. Infact only one time since I have been playing I have had a freindly encounter at a base. I think the OPs main complaint was is someone pretended to be freindly then shot him in the back. What made it even worse is he was in a clan, and it was people from a different clan who shot him......Thats sounds like a clan beef now.

Edited by CJFlint

Even the idea that there are sick twisted people in chat saying gay, rapist shit, ect ect. That makes it interesting to me.

You think it ok for a 12 to 17 year kid to be exposed to that? Are you aware there are a ton of kids that play this game?

Edited by CJFlint

I have been serously considering just not playing dayz SA, and maybe buying arma 3 and playing that instead for a while. Theres so many bugs, I kind of dont like .51 and to be honest.  With the behavor type of behavor which I have seen and heard more then once I think is discusting and alarming. Makes me not even want to play.  

Press mute when you get to the Battle Royale lobbies ;)

Press mute when you get to the Battle Royale lobbies ;)

Oh I already tone out allot of the TS asshatery, Im ahead of you there.....There nothing wrong with joking around, busting chops either. What I'm talking about goes far beyond that.

I have been looking at ARMA 3 and have been holding off because I have a ton of stuff on arma 2 mods ect. But I like what I have been seeing with some of the mods they have on there, looks like allot of fun. I might buy it soon and play that instead. I'm kind of getting really tired of the SA, kind of have a sour taste in my mouth lately. It almost starting to seem like I might be better off just taking a back seat and watching how the development goes over the next year.

Edited by CJFlint

You think it ok for a 12 to 17 year kid to be exposed to that? Are you aware there are a ton of kids that play this game?

I'm perfectly aware, but I'd argue that if a 12 year old is incapable of dealing with what they experience, the best solution is to go play Super Smash Brothers instead :/ We were all teenage gamers once and we all turned out somewhat alright. I think lol.

Adams

. I'm not as bad as my friend. He said if someone killed themselves irl over what he did to them in-game he could write that off as an accomplishment. 

You have to admit that is pretty bad. But yeah, everyone has different ideas on how to entertain themselves, or what makes them feel better about themselves.

It may be a game, but the 'first impressions' rule still applies for me, whether that be a video game, or someone doing underhanded stuff under the table at a card game, or making a racial/homophobic slur during a basketball game. I don't find it interesting, but it would be boring indeed if everyone were perfect studious lads sitting in a circle "kumbaya" at the fire LOL

• Like 1

Adams

You have to admit that is pretty bad. But yeah, everyone has different ideas on how to entertain themselves, or what makes them feel better about themselves.

It may be a game, but the 'first impressions' rule still applies for me, whether that be a video game, or someone doing underhanded stuff under the table at a card game, or making a racial/homophobic slur during a basketball game. I don't find it interesting, but it would be boring indeed if everyone were perfect studious lads sitting in a circle "kumbaya" at the fire LOL

It's something he just said to me, but honestly it's just talk, like 99% of what you might hear in an online game. Someone uses a racial slur or hatespeech, sure it's hurtful, but really it's just ignorance. Ignorance is just something that is part of the human experience. I also agree with what you said lol.

I'm perfectly aware, but I'd argue that if a 12 year old is incapable of dealing with what they experience, the best solution is to go play Super Smash Brothers instead :/ We were all teenage gamers once and we all turned out somewhat alright. I think lol.

Kids can play with parents concent. But the reality is, many kids are really impressionable. Some of them have a really warped outlook on the world, and really shouldn't have even be more warped. Me as an adult, I would prefer they didn't play at all, there a liabilty. 

Now when i brought this up, I wasn't talking about KOS, banditry or what ever...The preson I saw was had really bad behavor. Im pretty sure any server admin would prob kicked him off if they knew, any forum moderator prob would have insta banned if they brought to the forums. To be honest I would rather have hackers, and pure kosers then play on the server with me, then a this guy who was really down right bazare and disturbed. Thats how bad it was.

But to be honest its not really my problem, its dayz sa problem or will be theres. If they want to let it go on, fine. But if someone really does act out becuase of it, then there going to have a big problem to deal with.

Edited by CJFlint

Sure, I think for the most part dayz sa is ok for kids to play with parents concent. But the reality is, many kids are really impressionable. They latch onto people and look upto them much more then adults would. Some of them have a really warped outlook on the world, and really shouldn't have even more warped.  

Now when i brought this up, I wasn't talking about KOS, banditry or what ever...The preson I saw was had really bad behavor. Im pretty sure any server admin would prob kicked him off. To be honest I would rather have hackers play on the server with me the a this guy who was really down right bazare and disturbed.

But to be honest its not really my problem, its dayz sa problem or will be theres. If they want to let it go on, fine. But if someone really does act out becuase of it, then there going to have a big problem to deal with.

I completely get where you're coming from. Even if I disagree somewhat with your stance, I do understand. With that being said, we have to kind of look at human behavior realistically. I have played violent games online with 8 year olds in servers where racial slurs and just overall fucked up behavior is the norm. Kids that young have absolutely no business on the internet but I have also been playing online games since I was 13. I've seen and heard it all tbh, and I have used hate speech myself, and a huge collection of racial slurs. We were all 13 once. I am not a bigot, a rapist, or a murderer (unless you ask a liberal), so I would say the influence of games on how I conduct my day to day life is nonexistent.

The people that act out on these impulses. They are already unhinged to begin with, and society/entertainment/people ect shouldn't change to accommodate the possibility that some psycho will snap. Educated research should be our tool to combat that type of insane behavior (real life murder/rape/cannibalism ect)

We were all teenage gamers once and we all turned out somewhat alright. I think lol.

No we weren't. When I was a teen I had to write any games I wanted to play on a computer and store them on a tape drive.