comikz

Know your role, and stick to your words.

No we weren't. When I was a teen I had to write any games I wanted to play on a computer and store them on a tape drive.

So you never went to an arcade?

So you never went to an arcade?

Yes I did and no one in the arcade ever tried to have sex with my character or simulated eating human flesh. They also didn't try and get me to drink disinfectant or handcuff me and verbally abuse me for multiple minutes. I did have someone steal my leather jacket from between two machines. 

Edited by Mercules

Yes I did and no one in the arcade ever tried to have sex with my character or simulated eating human flesh. They also didn't try and get me to drink disinfectant or handcuff me and verbally abuse me for multiple minutes. I did have someone steal my leather jacket from between two machines. 

I'd rather all those things happen than have my jacket stolen irl.

Me I would prefer young kids did not play dayz at all...period. There a huge liabilty, big time. This game has an adult subject matter, that is a masive multi player. Which players interact with each other. The way dayz is now is much of the random interactions are negative, and in some cases over the top ubscene. I presonally can handle my self in dayz...I will kos any player I see acting doing really bazare bad behavor stuff and good luck taking me hostage. They will get a trip back to the coast. But what about some kid whos like 12 or something whos new to this game and has no idea, starts playing it and god forbid they encounter someone like that streamer I saw.....Thats really just bad.

I understand were everyone is coming from here and respect everone ideas. Its cool. Really its more DayZ SAs problem then ours, all we can do is check our own behavor to an extent.  

I am sorry but some red flags went off after I watch that streamer, that have not gone off since I have been playing. Worst behavor I have ever seen to be honest in this game and believe I have seen the KOS and the other stuff.  

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 1

Everyone kinda groups all kids together and that's also not fair. I have seen nice kids and dumb adults!

shout out to the guys who had to play at arcades! We were all kids but we learned how to communicate with other human beings in real life, where consequence (like getting punched in the face) happens.

But maybe we are getting too political here.

I don't think there is much the game can do... a large problem with many games is that you have to draw the line between alienating a % of the audience, which can grow into a negative rep overall. They do not want to limit the game, especially if it's going for consoles as well. If you play sim racing games, you know what I'm talking about.

I have seen nice kids and dumb adults!

Thats exactly why I brought this up in the 1st place.

Regardless though, this is the game developers problem, battle eye's and dayz tvs problem. All I did was brought up red flags I saw and also heard about from other players. I have zero control over it one way or the other, other making sure checking my own self.  

Edited by CJFlint

I think that mainstream thought is starting to deviate from the old trope of "Media warps our minds!". We live in a different time than we did 10 years ago. Our access to information and media has never been so easy. I remember when I was like 14 and some dude in my class told me about this twisted website. First image that popped up was some chick upside down in a shower spewing a yellow stream of shit out of her ass. I can imagine there are some reading this right now that have seen that very image lol.

Let me tell you, that should have scarred most people, but I feel relatively normal, even if the image is forever burned in my head haha. Nowadays kids can just pull out a cell phone and look at all kinds of twisted shit. Beheadings, violent fights, murder ect. I think it would be sweet to do some research on Mortal Kombat. I attempted a Fatality on a class mate, but all I did was knock him out with an uppercut. His head did not actually get knocked off his body lol. All jokes aside, I think the era of blaming media for behavior is a thing of the past.

Posts like this make me think "awww yeah. Another reason why DayZ is the coolest game ever. So many moral decisions and difficult choices you have to make. It's like a real apocalypse!"

Then I snap back into reality and remember that it's still a game, and that any XxQuikScOpexX kid can buy it and play it and ruin it.

• Like 1

Like I said I respect you guys ideas....its really a matter of understanding, and just knowing there is person on the other end...per say. Really in game I go in of course knowing at anytime I could meet another player, and much of the time it can lead to shooting. I have certain amount of respect for them regardless of what I do or what happens due to this...seeing its just a game. On the flip side people should def know what there getting into.  I will treat the decently regardless, this is coming from someone who shoots 1st ask questions later in game at times. I just hope most are the same. I think watching what I saw made me realise that even more.

Regardless this thread to me 1st off is a nice break in solo game play...also its a subject matter that maybe should be discussed. Its kind of uncharted waters were in if you will.

Edited by CJFlint

Respect? No, sorry.

I don't respect any twisted, KOS, bandit, asshat that lies and manipulates, so that they can stab/chop/shoot someone in the back. If you're going to be a twisted, KOS, bandit, asshat, then I say stand up straight and be proud that you are a twisted, KOS, bandit, asshat and be the best twisted, KOS, bandit, asshat that you can be. Just be honest with yourself and everyone else about it.

Then maybe, just maybe, I'll respect you for the twisted, KOS, bandit, asshat that you are, even though it's the easy way out of any situation.

Rule #1: Trust no one.

Rule #2: When in doubt, refer to rule #1.

Rule #3: If I trust you, I have only myself to blame.

What exactly makes a bandit an asshat? Would the experience be more enjoyable if you couldn't rob/kill other players?

From the content of your post it seems to me that you value honesty, but you have to be aware that not everyone in the game does. That makes it wrong by your standards, but not by theirs. To be honest if you're going down the road of philosophy (and know anything about it) look at the Hobbesian Prisoner's dilemma, which shows that in the state of nature meaning war (which is what DayZ is: i.e. anarchy) the only absolute way to garuntee survival is to defect, meaing lie, cheat, and steal. Guess what? That's exactly what happens in the game, very realistic. In DayZ you don't know if anyone you meet has any code of ethics/values/morals/etc. and frankly you shouldn't expect them to. However, because you don't know these things about them that means any encounter could be fatal.

I love honesty as much as you do, but you need to realize that deception is just another strategy for survival, whether you like it or not.