Sign in to follow this  
papajo

How do you imagine DayZ?

I would like you to add some feedback on this nomatter how bored you are to post etc :P I think it will be a positive thread if people start to make their vision clear on why they would like to keep on playing DayZ

To make things more clear... lets assume that the final release is coming next month or somthing but we dont know how exactly it would be but we just have hints (from the descussions here in this forum and from what we know till version .51)

What would make you  want to play dayz(in terms of gameplay,plot,lure etc) as an everyday game and spend days every week on it for a prolonged timeframe? (not just to pass time here and then when you are bored or paused from playing your "main games" )

I am asking this question because I cant see or imagine anything that could make players keep playing the game like 4 days a week for many hours...  (like you would do in games such as skyrim or mmos like wow etc)

Ok there will be zombies(or infected the term doesnt really matter for the point of this topic tries to pass) with better AI ways to stealth them,vechicles, more craftable stuff better graphics etc..

But then what?

I mean ok say ones just bought the final release game never played it on alpha or beta... he starts as a new spawn... he is hungry thursty and practically naked...

He goes into a town finds food water etc.

Then he goes to POIs like an airfield etc and gets geared up properly

Ok maybe he dies in the process a few times but there will be a time when he succeds in all of the above

Then what? sniping at zombies untill his ammo runs out? I mean he is energised etc needs less food now etc and if he needs a bite or something he will find a can of beans or whatever in a village...

Kill other players and wait till his dies by one of them? (doesnt this make the game essentially an other version of Arma 3 but with decorative NPCs called the infected? )

So whats is the point of making you play this game for hours? killing the zombies? (and wouldnt that be boring after killing lets say 100 zombies? )

Killing other players? (if you like to play in an open huge map in order to get some military gear and start shoot at other players then why didnt you choose arma as game instead of dayz? )

Essentially what I am asking is what do you think is the lure (or should be in the final release) for playing DayZ seriously and not just like an other passtime game because you got bored from angry birds etc. 

So what would this element be that makes you sit on there and keep playing it? (missions? maybe campaigns? just be there and eating beans? what? :) ) 

Thank you for reading this long post here is a potato for you :) 

300px-Potato.png?version=0c5ced8fcd03267

Edited by papajo
  • Like 2

I would just like to point out that I dream in 144 fps. 

• Like 2

While I agree with the above, in my time back in Chernarus, I've seen a major FPS increase. It's actually playable in cities for me now... woot woot.

Getting that gaming rig in like a month, guys. I'm coming for you in 30 FPS biyitchz

how do i imagine it? hum...

- 60 fps at least

- no desync

- no kos / more teamplay

- no glitchy zombies

- no lights going true walls

- proper sounds being inside buildings

Well guyz I am not sure if you try to contribute to this topic or just trolling... but if you are not trolling then you didnt understand the topic.. its about what your vision is of the final game. more FPS etc is good but its more like a suggestion and not like a description on what do you expect to do within the game when playing in order for it to be interesting enough for you so that you play it for months etc.

- 60 fps at least

- no desync

- no kos / more teamplay

- no glitchy zombies

thats again technicall stuf... 

What you would like to do ingame though?

Edited by papajo

To keep it simple, you're asking what endgame content DayZ should have.

There's this one thing that would keep me playing a long time, and it's called basebuilding. And I don't mean nailing some boards onto windows, but placing walls etc. entirely free and building a home with your clan, a headquarter. And this should, according to the 2015 roadmap, be implemented late '15.

• Like 1

I am a big fan of the post apoc genre. Movies and TV the Walking Dead, The Road and Mad Max.. I loved Fall out 3.....just loved it....

With that said, I want to see dayz dive deeper into that genre, if that make any since. More gritty, I want our avatars to look dirty, not clean cut. I want the citys and towns to look abit more run down.....not too much.....Like over grown....like a real dump. I want the roads to look like they havn't traveled on, maybe a traffic jam...of dead cars. I think DayZ SA still feels alittle bit like ARMA 2 still. Its needs set it self apart more.

End game.......well its too survive. But of cource I want to see base building, air craft, boats.....maybe a few islands....more options. A little bit more of a story like of what happened.

• Like 3

can i just go offtopic and ask the OP if his profile picture is his character ingame? are pilot helmets and goggles in game?

Harder zombies that make staying alive difficult. Not being able to get fully equipped in one session. Needing to be diligent all of the time to survive. The risk/reward balance for teaming up with strangers needs to be tweaked. Pvp needs to be more detrimental to your character (more in depth medical system).

Dean Hall described dayz as an anti-game. To me, this means that difficulty takes priority over entertainment. Surviving needs to be a goal, not an easily obtained status. Right now we can get geared and live forever no problem. To die, you need to go looking for trouble. It should be the opposite. You should be praying for a break from the constant struggle.

Until people are uninstalling in droves and whining about how unfairly difficult dayz is, dayz won't be the anti-game many of us are hoping for.

• Like 2

can i just go offtopic and ask the OP if his profile picture is his character ingame? are pilot helmets and goggles in game?

yes there are but its not me :P 

I wouldn't mind some sort of penalty to my PvP killings.  Something to make it harder on me, and scarier for you when you see me, because you'll know what I am about as soon as you see me.

As for why I don't play Arma 3?  I don't own it.  I own DayZ, which btw gives me a rush in combat like no other game I have ever played.

yes there are but its not me :P

The model is from Arma2 2017 mod. 

Nice topic idea man, what I'd love DayZ to be is gritty, violent, realistic and harsh. Obviously Theres the whole more zombies, tweak teaming up / PvP etc. but in game, it should be harsh, ammo should be rare, about as rare as scopes, and my god guns should be as hard to find as a heli crash, if you find a gun you will look after that thing better than yourself!!

I'd like more improvised weapons, molotovs, ied's, etc. and if you throw something then it should hurt the guy if you hit him with a cooking pot! Knives, machetes, screwdrivers, shovels, axes etc. should be the majority of what we use as weapons, then improvised weapons like bows and explosives, then the almighty rare guns come into play, handguns shouldn't be as rare as rifles, but still rare none the less! And if it were like that you wouldn't waste your 2 shotgun bucks on a player that isn't a threat..

Just think, having to outsmart players, lure them to traps, etc. if you want to kill them, would be great! Plus KoS would go way down!

Tinned food should be out as well, rare as rainbows! We need to rely more on hunting and fishing to keep going, or other players..

But if you do murder another player, then good lord it should be graphic, if you shoot him with a sawn off against a wall then the wall should be covered in blood.. If you hit them with a machete streaks of blood show along the floors and walls, proper violent, that way if someone does stumble across a body it won't be 'oh free loot', the death would tell a story of how they were killed, were they poisoned? All the vomit around them? Were they killed for food since there's a limb missing? Or is there a psycho nearby? Maybe I should get outta here!

That would be my ideal DayZ, not sure how many of you played The Dayzero mod for dayz, but it came pretty close to what was perfect in my eyes - DayZ should leave you with an experience of what happened, whether graphic or how a guy gave you his canned sardines to keep you alive so you had a better chance of survival in the harsh apocalypse

And yeah new players would probably die on the coast without a guide book, but it's the apocalypse, you don't get a guide book on what to do, you have to learn and adapt to survive!

Nice topic dude, interested to see what other people want to see!

• Like 2

- 60 fps at least

- no desync

- no kos / more teamplay

- no glitchy zombies

You don't know it now, but KoS is the core, barebones feature that makes DayZ playable. I used to have your anti-KoS mentality, but when you look past the anger of losing your items... You see how important those newspawn snipers and clown mask wearing, pantless axe murderers really are to the game.

If DayZ didn't have the threat of other players killing you, it'd be meaningless and empty. A world without a real existential threat to your well being.

As for  future DayZ features/content, I'd really like to see combat and lifesaving emphasized on and improved. Things like tourniquets and varying wounds.

You don't know it now, but KoS is the core, barebones feature that makes DayZ playable. I used to have your anti-KoS mentality, but when you look past the anger of losing your items... You see how important those newspawn snipers and clown mask wearing, pantless axe murderers really are to the game.

If DayZ didn't have the threat of other players killing you, it'd be meaningless and empty. A world without a real existential threat to your well being.

As for  future DayZ features/content, I'd really like to see combat and lifesaving emphasized on and improved. Things like tourniquets and varying wounds.

im not saying that the kos factor should be out of the game, im just saying that it should be less common. And i say that cause my best experiences on survival games came out from situations where kos was not the key. The thing that devs dont understand these days and i dont think they ever will is that in a pos apocaliptic scenario you need people to survive and achieve greater deeds, you cant go out by yourself shooting anyone that crosses your way otherwise you end up losing your mind and most likely getting killed before you do lose it. And btw, the real threat of the game is suppose to be the zombies, wich in the moment aren't at all.

You see... have you ever seen any day z standalone video where a group of players clear a horde of zombies around a crashed helicopter to achieve the high value loot on it? The answer is no cause the game doesn't have a feature like that at this point. Now things like that would make a survival game fun to me. Then can come the kos from a group of bandits that was watching the whole thing from a distance just waiting to steal your gear and from your companions also.

Edited by XibaRootS

Crafted flamethrower/defoliant projector, either carried in place of backpack or mounted on vehicles. Possibly made using kerosene?

3irsEK0.jpg

m113-flamethrower-o.gif

• Like 1

im not saying that the kos factor should be out of the game, im just saying that it should be less common. And i say that cause my best experiences on survival games came out from situations where kos was not the key. The thing that devs dont understand these days and i dont think they ever will is that in a pos apocaliptic scenario you need people to survive and achieve greater deeds, you cant go out by yourself shooting anyone that crosses your way otherwise you end up losing your mind and most likely getting killed before you do lose it.

Oh, but I digress. This may seem a little off-topic, so forgive me, moderators.

One who's killed before can kill again. Especially provided a desperate situation, human nature and primal instinct takes over. I know if I was starving to death, I'd much rather take my food by force than sacrifice skin off my back to trade for it. DayZ's high KoS rates are contributed to by darwinism, human nature and boredom. In the near future, once base building becomes a thing ect, it should drop. 

But there will always be a lot of people that would rather off you and not take the risk. The devs can't control that.

Adapt or die. In a post apocalyptic scenario, might is right. 

Human nature dictates whether you make friends or get into gunfights. It's unpredictable, uncontrollable, and my, we're just going to have to learn to live with it.

(or die with it)

• Like 1

I'll be content when my buddies and I drive around in a hilux shooting AKMs from the back.

• Like 1

I would like the game to increase the population per server dramatically (atleast 200 players and no its a huge map it wont be overpopulated and with 200 players there will be still huge landscapes in the wood were you rarely see an other contact) and become more "political" 

Why do I mean more by more political:

Give the survivors the necessary tools to organize (build antivechile traps/barrackating abilities) build small walls out of wood or ston and also the abilities to build an outpost.

Then a clan for example building a small base could assign policys to who ever enters them (like having people responsible to be "police" like role and gurads etc by paying them in rations or something) having trade shops etc inside (for that to be interesting cities must be hard to live in no just because of the KoS but because of the infected as well they only should server as a hard place you must visit to get stuck upon with loot and bring it back to your base for paying other people or trade etc)

Once for example you hire a player to become a police officer you should be able somehow to review his activity (either by having a secretary thingy inside the base were peopel can leave notes etc reporting him and a log were you can see if he killed anybody etc)

have lockers with pass codes so that you assign a locker to your emploee were you leave his payment (e.g 3 cans of food every 2 days or what ever deal you made) were he can access it (also make it so that it can be unlockable by bandits etc but not that easy - implementing some sort of improvised/crafted alarm system would also be good)

I think that hard to survive Point of interests with good loot while having politics to organise a society is the only way for this game to survive...

Because KoSing just for the sake of KoSing (and for some loot that youll loose anyway after an other player KoSes you ) will become boring also killing infected after a while with no other purpose than to kill them so that you have something to do is also boring...

Politcs is what will make things interesting (people get involved... there will be corruption eventually due to our human nature.. clans will thrive and decay as the tim passes etc)  and having a higher cause always will keep you trying to play more hours and survive etc...

• Like 1

I would like the game to increase the population per server dramatically (atleast 200 players and no its a huge map it wont be overpopulated and with 200 players there will be still huge landscapes in the wood were you rarely see an other contact) and become more "political" 

Give the survivors the necessary tools to organize (build antivechile traps/barrackating abilities) build small walls out of wood or ston and also the abilities to build an outpost.

Then a clan for example building a small base could assign policys to who ever enters them (like having people responsible to be "police" like role and gurads etc by paying them in rations or something) having trade shops etc inside (for that to be interesting cities must be hard to live in no just because of the KoS but because of the infected as well they only should server as a hard place you must visit to get stuck upon with loot and bring it back to your base for paying other people or trade etc)

Once for example you hire a player to become a police officer you should be able somehow to review his activity (either by having a secretary thingy inside the base were peopel can leave notes etc reporting him and a log were you can see if he killed anybody etc)

have lockers with pass codes so that you assign a locker to your emploee were you leave his payment (e.g 3 cans of food every 2 days or what ever deal you made) were he can access it (also make it so that it can be unlockable by bandits etc but not that easy - implementing some sort of improvised/crafted alarm system would also be good)

I think that hard to survive Point of interests with good loot while having politics to organise a society is the only way for this game to survive...

Because KoSing just for the sake of KoSing (and for some loot that youll loose anyway after an other player KoSes you ) will become boring also killing infected after a while with no other purpose than to kill them so that you have something to do is also boring...

Politcs is what will make things interesting (people get involved... there will be corruption eventually due to our human nature.. clans will thrive and decay as the tim passes etc)  and having a higher cause always will keep you trying to play more hours and survive etc...

this game is 7days to die...

this game is 7days to die...

Maybe in the far far future :P I tried it out but its toooooooo much pre alpha far worse than dayz and generally i didnt like its graphics controls etc :P I like dayz though :P

How do i imagine it? Exactly as its supposed to be. An apocalyptic wasteland.

People should be struggling to survive day in day out, the environment should be the main antagonist. Of course people are a threat too but equally they could be an asset. Unfortunately people dont see that possibility and shoot anyway so hopefully people will have more common sense once the game is complete. 

There should be several stages to dayz

Freshspawn:  struggling to survive and keep warm and fed. Meet people along they way. Perhaps you team up, get ambushed, tricked, eaten by cannibals. But it should always be a struggle for freshspawns to survive. 

Semi geared player: So youve found some basic gear to survive. From here you could join a group and survive that way or maybe try the hermit life and live on your own somewhere in the wilderness. It should still be a struggle to survive however but made that little bit easier due to the basic gear.

Camp: Whether you are a hermit or part of a group, you should have a tent atleast by now or have claimed a house/shack for yourself. Life is starting to look up but its far from perfect. You need to start ensuring your groups/ your own long term survival. 

Base: Similar to the camp stage, but you have started to upgrade your immediate surroundings. Walls/ barricades, defenses. Stockpiled gear, medical supplies, food, ammo. Maybe at this stage you have started growing your own food and have some cattle. Maybe if your lucky, you have a power generator that runs on fuel until you can figure out something better.

Advanced base: The base is secure, more people are joining you every day and soon a town starts to take shape. This does mean though that others want what you have. Now some meaningful PvP. Towns go to war with each other over land and resources. Or perhaps it was a grudge. Maybe you go to war with a bunch of cannibals. Anything could happen.

The towns going to war part however could work at any stage from camp to Advance base stage. There should always be bandits too, hopefully true bandits that rob as well.

This is the natural progression that i believe Dayz should be taking. To a degree it might even happen when the game is finished.

Obviously its not as linier as this, there will be some grey areas in between the "stages". 

Hopefully this will mean Elektro/cherno deathmatch stops. Its bloody ridiculous it even happens. Although its somewhat acceptable at this stage of the game.

• Like 1