Tatanko

Peter: Original DayZ Standalone Build on Experimental for Christmas

Did you see the green bandages when they made a re-appearance a little while ago?

Yea, then they *ucking removed them again.

I think it would be great to get a feeling for how far the game has come. Maybe for 2 or 3 days on experimental.

Theres no reason not to do it. The experimental is likely to be empty over the christmas break, and the old version would be a bonus. I would totally download it!

Wow, a bunch people getting excited over less to do.

That's a poor attitude, and view, to have about it. This wouldn't negatively affect you in any way, no need to be sour ;)

Edited by Tatanko

That's a poor attitude, and view, to have about it. This wouldn't negatively affect you in any way, no need to be sour ;)

Sorry. I'm just not down with this new hipster culture where bad is good and worse is better.

If the original launch of the game is released on exp, won't everyone be going crazy in Balota? I don't think it'll be too boring lol

Sorry. I'm just not down with this new hipster culture where bad is good and worse is better.

What's wrong with a few days of nostalgia? It's particularly interesting to someone like me who didn't start playing until after a few updates had already been pushed out.

No one is being a hipster. Not sure how you're getting that from anything that anyone has said on the matter.

If the original launch of the game is released on exp, won't everyone be going crazy in Balota? I don't think it'll be too boring lol

Precisely! Just a week or so of old school ridiculousness -- glitches and all.

Edited by Tatanko

I, for one, advocate forcing that build onto all branches and leaving it there for three days straight.

The nostalgia factor would be amusing for an hour or two, but I suspect the real benefit would be that many of those who complain about how slow this game is, how alpha it is, and all that could have an excellent chance to see just how far the game has come in one short year. Of course, it would never stop all the whiners, but it might take some of the wind out of their sails.

• Like 2

Nothing like zombies waste deep in the floor stairing up at your balls... and more wandering through the walls stairing up at your balls.

As if server hopping wasn't rampant and game breaking now...

Oh no, server hopping on a fun and temporary experimental build. What ever will we do. The horror.

Edited by Hells High
  • Like 1

Oh no, server hopping on a fun and temporary experimental build. What ever will we do. The horror.

Of course but why not try to nip it in the butt now ?

What better time to launch and test anti server hopping features than during testing.