Sign in to follow this  
WeinHall

Whats your gear run

Hey guys, new to these forums but over 250 hrs in DayZ SA, But one thing i always have trouble with is gearing up, not necessarily getting geared, its just it takes me quite a while to even get good gear let alone millitary, yet you watch youtubers and streamers who can get fully geared within almost half an hour or an hour, what are your tips for gearing up quickly? 

Youtubers are part of large groups who help each other out with gear. And you may see a 30min video but it most likely took them hours to get the gear which they never show as it would be boring

Try joining a clan, we always help each other out and pick up guns for people without.

UK Alliance Clan on Facebook

I just run towards NWAF.  I try to get a fire axe on the way to I can at least kill some zombies if need be.  The loot system is a bit messed up, so you never know where you'll be lucky or not.

Accept your spawn...

Decide where you wanna hit...

And get there quickly..

That's pretty much my motto for mill gearing. Within a few seconds of spawning iv chosen my goal....whatever mill base that may be...and I don't let smaller towns distract me. All you need from fresh spawn to make it acros the map is a small checklist..

4 tinned food

1 trip to a water source

That's it...once you have that make your way for the mill base in treelines avoiding small towns.

PS up and down west side is where you wanna be for mill stuff. You can run up and down hitting a big row of places...

South mill base above kamenka

Then jail and barracks in Zelengorsk

Then tent city if you follow the dirt road that leads west just after that

Then on to NWA....

Then back down again.

One run up last night hitting those spots got me full gorka, makrov with 4 mags, tac vest and an ak with 1 mag and 60 spare rounds :)

Edited by Karmaterror
  • Like 1

Yeah it really depends on where you spawn. But I typically make for Vybor base regardless where I spawn. But I will stop by many places along the way to get food and a melee weapon like the sledge hammer or fire axe. Absent of a fire axe, the sledge is pretty good for taking down zombies, 2 hits.

By the time I hit Vybor, I am fully energized, hydrated, and healthy. I will have a solid melee weapon, a rifle of sorts though likely without ammo, a backpack filled with random ammo, food, and drinks. And if I am lucky, Vybor base will be lootgasmed and I basically gear up in 5 min. I play on a private hive fairly often now and Vybor is always lootgasmed, even with the high traffic (got killed there recently, and have killed plenty there myself, self defense of course). 

Remember though, a lot of the fun in the game isn't necessarily get military loot, it's the trip to the base and the things you see along the way. 

Youtubers join buttbudy groups of 8 - 10 players, loot everything and kill anyone and record the "good parts" when their true skills are not shown.

Yeah it really depends on where you spawn. But I typically make for Vybor base regardless where I spawn. But I will stop by many places along the way to get food and a melee weapon like the sledge hammer or fire axe. Absent of a fire axe, the sledge is pretty good for taking down zombies, 2 hits.

By the time I hit Vybor, I am fully energized, hydrated, and healthy. I will have a solid melee weapon, a rifle of sorts though likely without ammo, a backpack filled with random ammo, food, and drinks. And if I am lucky, Vybor base will be lootgasmed and I basically gear up in 5 min. I play on a private hive fairly often now and Vybor is always lootgasmed, even with the high traffic (got killed there recently, and have killed plenty there myself, self defense of course). 

Remember though, a lot of the fun in the game isn't necessarily get military loot, it's the trip to the base and the things you see along the way. 

Sounds good,been looking for a private hive recently,wouldnt mind sharing through a pm if i may ask?

Given that I spawn on the South coast..

Elektro > Cherno > Balota > Pavlovo > Zeleno > Green Mtn. > Myshkino Tents > Vybor Mil. Base > NWAF > Bashnya

In that order.

The spawn determines a lot for sure, I enjoy stopping in the smaller towns while making my way to Novo (if I spawn north) then heading west along the railroad tracks, I feel it's a little more "survival" oriented, instead of just making my way directly to the military bases to grab a gun. If I spawn south I generally make my way west towards Myshinko, and then go north around the NW corner, rarely will I venture to NWAF...alone, with a group it's one of my fav places, we camp server hoppers. I enjoy the smaller towns that rarely get attention, you can generally find an unlooted police station and a civilian gun or two along with ammo, clothing and foot is generally plentiful in smaller towns.

I don't know the map well enough to have predefined loot runs, but I am beginning to learn which buildings have a high chance of providing guns and ammo and that is my #1 priority, I eat and drink as and when I stumble across supplies while searching for guns/ammo or hunting for players. For me it's all about the PVP.

Not knowing the map yet, I always go east to north keeping the coast in view, but far enough on the hill to be discreet.

I keep moving until I am lined straight north, at that point I know that I will move directly west to a road that will hit Dobro, and north to Krasno.

I like gearing at Krasno, and I can get to severo from there by shooting straight west past black mountain. I also have learned a few spots I'll keep to myself along the way!

I'd say learn one path and stick to it, and slowly learn the surroundings, and continue to increase the travel radius.

Thank goodness for apples.

I play on the-mob-society server. i gotta warn you though, people tend not to be friendly around vybor. still, try to talk first before shooting, but be trigger happier than usual

I have one rule; "If you are on the coast, get off the coast and go inland as soon as possible."

You see the thing is, after hundreds of hours of doing the "gun run" it gets really boring imo.

• Like 3

you can use something like http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus  and depending on where you are, figure out loot routes that way. I just plan a route before i log in and ill have an idea of where im going initially, So when im playing it makes things easier.  But after playing for a while youll learn the towns and loot locations. But id study the map, if your still new and learn where things are, get more familiar with it. make sure your in a safe place if your in game to alt tab to look at the map

Edited by artisan661

Cherno > Balota > Pavlovo MB > Zelenagorsk > Green Mnt. > Vybor BM ( Stick around Vybor MB to finish up getting Barracks only loot. )

For me usually do a quick sweep of whatever city I spawn near then go inland and start looting the treasure trove villages, Tulga is a personal favourite as is Pusta.

Thanks guys!, sounds like some solid advice i can use in my next session seeing as i'm a fresh spawn who just got KOS'ed  :P 

I stoped doing "lootruns".

I just stick to the NE Citys/tzowns for now since there is Little to no Point. You end up bored and going back to "civilisation" anyways wich subsequently gets you killed anyways...

Depends on what you want. You can find all gear accept AKS, high cap vests and Tortilla bag in small or big towns. Vests and gorka clothing spawns in red roof barns; backpacks everywhere; sks everywhere, ammo in few types of houses; MP133,Mosin in burned pick ups, revolvers and ammo in small yellow houses... If you want AKS, you must go to Veresnik and NWAF

I play on about 15 private hives and I am a bit of a lootwhore and like the gearing up experience.  Each character is doing something different and the loot runs they do entirely depend on where they spawn and what my plan for that character is.  Some are total survivalists and after acquiring basic supplies (matches/knife etc) just explores and wanders the map.

One is at the fishing village in the NE searching for netting to become a ghillie.  I log in, search and log off.  Once I have some netting and can make the suit he will begin his adventure/journey

I have a few private hive alts parked near V3S spawns so I can log in and have a quick check if its there.  If it is, I play that alt.

Once I have checked all my alts, I have about 4 or 5 alts placed in different places on the map, I pick one to play depending on my mood.

to become a ghillie

i applaude your noble cause. Be like ghillie my friend.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

1) Food and Water

2) Rags or Bandages

3) Clothing

4) Weapon (Axe, hammer, crowbar)

5) Gun (Pistol, Shotgun, Rifle)

6) Backpack

7) Tools (Compass, Shovel, Seeds)

8) Supplies (Ammo, more Food and Water and Bandages)

9) Attachments

10) Luxury shit (Black paint for my gear, equipment in better condition)

11) A new spawn 'cause I just got killed