kihz

My feet are sore ):

So, I did a search of the forums, and didn't see a topic related to this yet.

I was in the Electro fire station on the top floor. I had just completely cleared the place with a shotgun, to make sure I wouldn't be ambushed while looting. I was going down the stairs, took a corner too sharp, and fell roughly 2 feet. My screen flashed, cause apparently it hurt. It ruined my pants, which I don't care about. But now I keep getting the red messages of "My feet hurt" and "My feet are sore" whenever I start walking. I can still sprint. I was wondering how I tend to this wound. I'd hate to be running somewhere, and to just fall over because I broke my foot due to not taking care of it..

So, I did a search of the forums, and didn't see a topic related to this yet.

I was in the Electro fire station on the top floor. I had just completely cleared the place with a shotgun, to make sure I wouldn't be ambushed while looting. I was going down the stairs, took a corner too sharp, and fell roughly 2 feet. My screen flashed, cause apparently it hurt. It ruined my pants, which I don't care about. But now I keep getting the red messages of "My feet hurt" and "My feet are sore" whenever I start walking. I can still sprint. I was wondering how I tend to this wound. I'd hate to be running somewhere, and to just fall over because I broke my foot due to not taking care of it..

Your shoes were probably ruined from the fall, and now you are suffering from foot damage. You will lose health over time. Better find a new pair of shoes!

• Like 1

Hi.

You have probably damaged your legs a little bit, therefore it's warning you that you should tend to your injuries, but you don't have broken bones. It needs some way to warn you of injuries!

~Gabe

Your shoes are ruined from the fall. You must find new ones. If you don't, I've heard there are multiple punishments, like your legs breaking, losing health, etc.

Ruined my boots getting stuck in something during a server restart and logging back in stuck. You get the message and lose health as you run around with ruined shoes. Swapped them out for a pair of sneaker in a house and the message went away and so did my constant "healing" status. Sneakers got swapped out for work boots which were swapped for combat boots.

Someday they will wear down slowly over time. I can't wait.

I've had that happen to me. Just find new shoes and you'll be set.

I carry an extra pair of military boots with me now, just in case.

I got the old red chain "no message received" the other night. Log into a new server, start moving out of the middle of the field I was in, and I receive the "my feet are sore" messages. Look at my gear and sure enough my shoes are missing, and my pack is gone too :(. I had to run pretty far to a town to get civ loot. Made me wonder if there was any detrimental side effects yet, or if it was still just a message?

In an earlier life I managed to log in stuck inside a wall, and had to come up with a way to kill myself or escape. Escape was no good so I took everything off and ran around quite a bit with no shoes on. Nothing happened other than the random messages that my hurt. Went AFK and eventually my character passed out from thirst before cold or hunger. Oh, this game...