Sign in to follow this  
JohnYasmar

What now...?

So I've just started playing SA and really enjoying it! However... I have now got a rifle of some description, 28 bullets, lots of food and drink, healthly amount of clothes and style and finally sitting in a nice detached house out in the country.

As my life goals IRL have been achieved (security, food, water and a nice home)... What do I do now?

I kind of need to get a pan so I can cook my meat but very nervous about dying now!!

When you've got to this position, if it's your aim... What do you do next?

Go and try to meet someone.  They will more than likely shoot you, but you need to go ahead and get that first death out of the way.

Well I've tried to become socialable, I've moved into a city. Strange round house obviously owned by someone with rebellious children, 2 of the rooms have bars across the doors. 

Haven't met anyone other than a dude on the beach whom looked incredibly hungover so I left him alone...

So this is my dude's kit:

Day_Z_2014_12_07_20_06_38_73.jpg

• Like 1

First rule of DayZ...you're gonna die! Don't get attached to your character! 

May not be today...it may not be tomorrow...when your number is up, it's up!

• Like 1

First rule of DayZ...you're gonna die! Don't get attached to your character! 

May not be today...it may not be tomorrow...when your number is up, it's up!

The fun part is gearing up anyway. Once geared, it is time to gamble it with some adventures!

You don't need a pan to roast meat. Learn your local area, craft some stuff, then go explore the map. Don't get comfortable with one character. You will die, either from a glitch, lag, falling off a cliff, stairs, etc, or player, whatever, but you WILL DIE, get used to that and don't take it personal.

If you don't know how to navigate by terrain association this is a great way to learn a skill you can use in RL. You can combine pieces of the Cherno maps to make one large map. It is pretty accurate too, very good to navigate with, I hardly even use a compass.

Edited by Barnabus

You're fat. Set your aspect ratio :P

Terrible isn't it, I don't understand why people would run their games so.

Maybe they don't know the difference, loads of the vids posted here are running at the wrong settings.

Terrible isn't it, I don't understand why people would run their games so.

Maybe they don't know the difference, loads of the vids posted here are running at the wrong settings.

Well, to be fair towards those fat people, DayZ is a bit tricky when it comes to this. It's not very common that you have to set your aspect ratio in the User Interface settings in order to load the correct ingame ( and seperate UI ) resolutions. Most players seem to be used to set one resolution that sets it's corresponding aspect ratio automatically.

• Like 1

I've moved into a city. Strange round house obviously owned by someone with rebellious children, 2 of the rooms have bars across the doors. 

It's a police station :)

One thing you can try is to do what I've been doing and relying on the hunting elements.

Without a weapon you could try learning to fish, making your own bow and arrow and learning how to take down game and to farm your own food.

^this

I'm gonna try my hand at fishing. It's funny, since .51 I haven't been able to find a SINGLE hook yet. Kinda annoying really. Have had to engage in quite a bit of pvp while trying to find one so I can go fish in quiet haha.

^this

I'm gonna try my hand at fishing. It's funny, since .51 I haven't been able to find a SINGLE hook yet. Kinda annoying really. Have had to engage in quite a bit of pvp while trying to find one so I can go fish in quiet haha.

You can find hooks in garages from time to time.. also any work buildings with shelving units seem to turn up hooks sometimes.. if I find one i keep it because sooner or later you'll want it, and if you try looking for a hook because you right now want to go fishing, you're doomed... they are not common

xx

^this

I'm finding them everywhere. Try garages, fire stations, pretty much any building with some shelves and you'll find one before too long.

Well that dude is dead now! To be fair i was just looking around on top of a cooling tower, waiting to see someone. Was quite unexciting. Just "You are Dead", did not even hear a shot! Suppose that'd be how it would happen in real life! lol. 

Since then I've died a few times! 

What do I need to do with my aspect ratio? I'll look in the forums...