Sign in to follow this  
Nitrox (DayZ)

Improvised grenade?

So before I go looking for a road flare, is the "improvised grenade" in the game yet? 
I thought it was supposed to be spray can+ duct tape+ road flare= imp.grenade.? 

So before I go looking for a road flare, is the "improvised grenade" in the game yet?

I honestly think that was just a rumor started by dayztv... Could be something they saw in the game files and decided to bring it to everyone's attention , but as far as I know I haven't seen anyone with one or trying to craft one .

It does not exist ingame.

I honestly think that was just a rumor started by dayztv... Could be something they saw in the game files and decided to bring it to everyone's attention , but as far as I know I haven't seen anyone with one or trying to craft one .

It was in the files, but there was nothing other than a really unfinished model and starting vague config. I don't think they plan on finishing it....anytime soon (or at all).

It does not exist ingame.

It was in the files, but there was nothing other than a really unfinished model and starting vague config. I don't think they plan on finishing it....anytime soon (or at all).

they found Vodka bottle models in 0.51 update files - so possibly molotovs could be on the way - we need more improvised weapons though! 

they found Vodka bottle models in 0.51 update files - so possibly molotovs could be on the way - we need more improvised weapons though! 

There are always new models in the game but most of them don't make it. :| However, I think they are just waiting to implement them later.

First they'd need to create a system for fire. I don't know how hard a task it is but considering what I've seen so far about the engine, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Just as an aside, how exactly would that explode with enough force to be lethal? What would cause the damage? What would be the shrapnel?

Just asking, because that is a really dumb "idea" for an improvised grenade. Add a "nail bomb" for anti-personnel or a Molotov for anti-personnel/vehicle.

Pressurised gas has a chance to explode if the container exceeds a certain temperature. Check out a RL spraycan or deodorant bottle. 

In a game you have to balance "this is realistic" and " this is something that is obtainable for players".

Combining those 3 items, while not super realistic, they are readily available and pretty common to make some fun and decent explosive devices. as far as the whole player efforta = reward is concerned. In my oppinion ^^. 

Also i found some youtube video of a guy holding what seemed to be those 3 canisters taped together ^^ 

I definitely would like to see craftable explosives. Currently there is hardly anything at the moment. And i just dont want to see just one area i would eventually like to see crafting for every aspect from clothing, to tents, to improvised tools, guns, etc

Since we are on about improvised explosives, why not have fuel oil + fertilizer + any container?  These are things already in the game to an extent, the explosion would be meaningful, and scalable.\

Two walkie-talkies and you have yourself a remotely detonated bomb, that also has the danger of potentially being exploded by another player with a walkie-talkie, so we can have some risk to go along with that huge destructive explosion.

Edit- to get even more realistic, you should be able to take the bullets from their casings and use them in the explosive, increasing lethality by a huge amount.

Edited by harteman