Sign in to follow this  
dannynickelov

Where to find Mosin clips?

Hey eveyone. I had a question, i've been looking around Chernogorsk for quite some time now, and didn't found any of those stripper clips for the Mosin (speedloader), where is the highest chance to find those? I know before the recent patch i found at least 2-3 of those but i don't remember where.

Thanks and happy huntin'!

Except at what? I am not talking about the ammo you can find loose, but the clip with 5 bullets in it.

Not really a set location. I've found them in civilian, emergency service and military spawns. They seem a lot rarer than before though.

I would suggest police stations.. They spawn in the long room at the shells alot...

Thanks guys! I will search the police stations, time to kill some zombies in style!

They spawn at the brown rusty pickup trucks. I've found about three of them there since the .51 update. They are not common, but they certainly exist. 

Well honestly there seems to be no use for these , unless I missed something , everytime I would load one of these into my moisin my character would take just as long when loading the single bullets ... So it seems to not be much of a difference and not worth looking for over the loose bullets .

These cars?

First or second car? (they are different) there are also flipped over versions of this pick-up.

9Io6JYg.jpg

4siy366.jpg

Edited by DannyNickelov

Well honestly there seems to be no use for these , unless I missed something , everytime I would load one of these into my moisin my character would take just as long when loading the single bullets ... So it seems to not be much of a difference and not worth looking for over the loose bullets .

They allow you to reload by pressing R instead of going through your bags to find the ammo and drop it on your rifle.

I don't use them because if I have one in my inventory it always gives me the option to reload, even when my mosin isn't empty.

• Like 1

Ah ok thanks cpthiner , I always wondered why people liked searching for them ... But honestly I'm with tree top on this I hate the scroll wheel reload options , we should just have multiple reload buttons or like the ability to press 1-5 at the same time as "r" to switch to other magazines or something like that ...

• Like 1

I find in the military bases and civilian house or market  :)

Thanks guys! I will search the police stations, time to kill some zombies in style!

Either truck should do, make sure you check the hood/bonnet.  I have also found them, along with magazines for the CR527, quite often in fact, on cell/repeater towers.  Usually some decent ammo occasionally rifles and scopes too.  Even found Binos at the very top of one once.  I never pass them by nowadays.

Edited by Barnabus

They spawn at the brown rusty pickup trucks. I've found about three of them there since the .51 update. They are not common, but they certainly exist. 

this is the best place to find them as they are least searched

• Like 2

Either truck should do, make sure you check the hood/bonnet.  I have also found them, along with magazines for the CR527, quite often in fact, on cell/repeater towers.  Usually some decent ammo occasionally rifles and scopes too.  Even found Binos at the very top of one once.  I never pass them by nowadays.

What sort of towers?

What sort of towers?

http://orcz.com/File:Radiotowerdayzstandalone.jpg

Right here, this kind, this is the one in Three Valleys .  I dunno why they call it a radio tower, it's a repeater for TV, radio and Cellular traffic.  Always on top of a hill and usually have line of sight to two others but you won't be able to see them since they will be well beyond visual range.  Check each platform all the way to the top.

Edited by Barnabus