Sign in to follow this  
DemonGroover

Craftable Sniper Rifle

Needs 2 tripods?

I'll mount that on a truck thanks :P 

Looks like they're taking ideas from the war in Syria.

0xIp1J0.gif

gy0V6t2.gif

Ufjcdcb.jpg?1

b23b0fd122cd_sf_2.jpg

• Like 3

you guys are so damn edgy why the hell would you want essentially what is a mounted cannon in dayz? I'm pretty sure the average russian cant built a cannon from parts they find in a post apocalyptic country

you guys are so damn edgy why the hell would you want essentially what is a mounted cannon in dayz? I'm pretty sure the average russian cant built a cannon from parts they find in a post apocalyptic country

For someone so cool and hip you obviously can't sense sarcasm and humour.

• Like 4

I was thinking last night it would be cool if you could reattach the barrel to a mosin after sawing it off, would make a nice collapsible sniper, can pack away and put back together when needed

Not sure if it the gun would work properly after though

I was thinking last night it would be cool if you could reattach the barrel to a mosin after sawing it off, would make a nice collapsible sniper, can pack away and put back together when needed

That's what Duct tape is for!

• Like 3

I'm not sure you can just duct tape the barrel back on and expect the gun to work. xD

if you fuck up the rifling on your rifle barrel it'll never work properly again.  I'm behind the idea of disassembling and reassembling guns.  Let's do that please.  And let's please make it an entire process to rebuild the sucker instead of 'boop, it's done let's shoot a bunch of kids'

• Like 2

Heh looks so dangerous.

This looks like something that would be great in a game like rust as a mountable weapon or siege engine.

Dayz I don't know.

Heh looks so dangerous.

This looks like something that would be great in a game like rust as a mountable weapon or siege engine.

Dayz I don't know.

Why not? People are already expecting to build fortesses out of sticks and stone. Slap metal metal plates and spikes on vehicles. May as well do this.

it would be cool to build something similar. Cannon of sorts. of course this thing is stationary and really have one shot. Might add nice elements when we get vehicles/helicopters in. Build one at your base or on the side of the road to snare a moving vehicle or put down a low flying huey.

Of course this isnt something easy to make.

Ammo for this is rare, or not easily crafted.

Cant be loaded up and fit in a backpack.

Can be sabotaged and will misfire killing the shooter. ( person using it would have no idea its broken)

Can only shoot one time, as it takes some time to load it up again.

Basically you are pretty much a bad ass if you build this contraption in the right spot and hit something.

Once we have some kind of base building it would be cool to have

Edited by methr1k2dop3

I want that on the Air control tower, people will draw attention to it and then I can sneak up and kill everyone who makes noises! :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD and xD!

Looks like they're taking ideas from the war in Syria.

Same war, same belligerents.

The Iraqis/Syrians/East Londoners of ISIS just did...

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD and xD!

What the hell kind of language are you speaking?

I was reading up on ISIS on the news when i came across this.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/25683935/is-this-the-latest-is-killing-machine/

New cratable DayZ sniper rifle anyone?

Might be a cool gun OP. If this was craftable though, what would be the ammunition? Where do we get 23mm calibre? I guess http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/23%C3%97152mm was apparently used in their anti-aircraft guns so that might do the trick?

If you're not serious though, the Suggestions forum is full enough m8

Its smileys? :(

b23b0fd122cd_sf_2.jpg

I wonder will the devs consider adding some realistic ISIS miltiary issue flip flops like the ones this lads wearing.

• Like 1

As if those isis dickheads could ever hit anything with that ! what a joke it looks so impractical ...but who am i to say in the end I just think it looks so silly.. what can this do that a rifle cant ? considering it looks like it would need a team to move it effectively anyway ? :D

Might aswell throw in the Al Qaeda multi platform launcher, consists of the following IRL items.

• Roof gutter for launcher platform.
  • Car jack for leveling device.
  • Wire for a solid, unbreakable build.
  • Left over munitions, well for of course firing.
  • Like 1

:DDDDDDDDDDDD

It's a fairly old Finnish expression. Spurdonese.

Anyways, have you guys seen the workshops they craft these in? It's pretty crude. A great example of their technology are the "Hell cannons" that precisely launch their large projectiles up into the air to land where they please. My favourite is where they fire in the direction of the opposition for the camera to watch it arc over and directly hit a mosque.

• Like 2