Sign in to follow this  
pauldog

Compass Direction

My Compass appears to be sending me in almost the exact opposite direction in .51 - anyone finding the same thing? Any suggestions?

Was playing .51 exp the other day and my compass was telling me that north was to the west. Was fixed by a relog.

Edited by solodude23

Can't be positive but it could be a damaged compass. Check if it's Damaged / Ruined / Worn .....or Pristine. I had a damaged one the other day that was indicating the opposite direction. Found a new one an all was good. (!?)

Kinda makes sense.

Edited by Zeotrope

Yep had a compass telling me north was directly into the sun last night. It was pristine.

I like the idea that a compass, when damaged would not give a true direction instead it just floats about giving a rough one.

As for the fake reading, I am sure I've had this recently. I think that you just need to put the compass away then take it out again. I was on the Northerly road to the East of the NWAF. Wanting to avoid the airfield but keep off the road I go into the adjoining woods. I do some running and spot I had lost sight of the road so need to check the direction I was heading. Out with the compass, check North and start running again. Within 100 meters or so the road appears but perpendicular to the direction I was running. It should be N/S (or NNE/SSW) but according to the compass it said it was heading direct East (it clearly wasn't and if that was the case the Sun had somehow started setting in the NW). Ignore the compass and start running again parallel to the road. Decide to check the compass once more and it was now showing the correct direction.

Yep, it seem that chernarrus magnetic field is having some anomalies :) , i use the compass a lot and sometimes it is pointing the same as 0.50, other north on the compass is west on the map and some other times north on the compass pointing to the south !

Well, damaged compass is not 100% accurate - I've experienced no issues with a pristine compass so far.

Edited by Ori42

They all gonna start pointing to green mountain the longer your logged in :)

lol I always scout the small lake north of Green Mountain, be careful when you fill your water bottles next time. ))

The Green Mountain radio Tower is a highway to NW Airfield - SW Airfield - and far West Military camp near the Green Mountain. 

And usually Heli crash sites nearby. ))

Edited by Ori42