Sign in to follow this  
Osprey98

sawed off shotty vs 1911

im in cherno and I want to be a cherno skirmisher asshole and was wondering which would serve me better. 1911 with clip or sawed off shotty against m4 fucksticks.

Sawed off will ruin everything on their person, but make the kill easier. 1911 will be more likely to preserve M4 mags ;)

Shotguns don't do dick for damage right now.  1911.  I'd still pick the 1911 over a fixed sawn off.

Shotguns don't do dick for damage right now.  1911.  I'd still pick the 1911 over a fixed sawn off.

Did they lower the damage this last patch? Every time I've shot someone with it with the intention to kill they die.

• Like 2

Did they lower the damage this last patch? Every time I've shot someone with it with the intention to kill they die.

Yeah, I hear the damage is screwed up to where each shot is hitting like a .22 round.  I also see it in-game as well.  I think each shot when shotguns were op was equal to a .380 round.  Not sure on the details, but sure the shotgun was recently nerfed.

Edit- Just tonight, a guy had to hit me 3 times from close range to make me go unconscious.

Edit2-http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/215120-shotgun-nerfed/  I read somewhere else as well, that the damage was the same as the guy on this forum is claiming.  Went from 60dmg per pellet to 6.

Edited by harteman

I think each shot when shotguns were op was equal to a .380 round.

No - thats how they should work and what the nerf did. Before shotguns fired a single pellet that was buffed up to 60 hit value (7.62x54mmR has 12). The nerf just corrected it back to 6 (.380 Auto has 5.5).

But for some reason shotguns fail to deal the damage they should and its not because of the nerf. My guess is its related not to weapon values but the current ballistics system and desync:

• targets hitbox displacement (happens more often in close quarters)
  • pellet penetration screwed (regular clothing works like body armor)
  • ghost shots (animation and sound plays but there is no projectile nor ammo cost)
  • zero damage shots (bullets hit the target not dealing any damage)

The second point is just a guess related to the destruction of clothing without much damage to the wearer but the other three definitely happen - not only to the shotguns but here it seems much more common. Take a look at this - both players seem to get screwed up by some bugs.

im not very good at this game but I want to avenge the people of cherno who have been killed by m4a1 fags. everyone is always killing me even after I lay down my guns and I gotta get me an m4. I have a longhorn ,a sawed off and a 1911. where would I find an m4a1 in cherno? or where would I spawn  duped spawn for some good guns?

Ask the guy I just took down in Novod yesterday with one pop from 50 feet.

I have not had any issue with the sawed off Shottie, kills everything. But it does ruin everything on the guy, so no hope to recover anything worth while.

The sawn-off is quiet deadly, I don't know what the others denying that are smoking...

I've been able to drop two people before reloading, sure I had to be within 30 - 50 meters, but a direct shot to the upper body/head will kill them, and a shot to the legs will break them.

I would still take the 1911 because it has more ammo, but requires better aiming, but if your comfortable with your aim, a sawn-off in cqc, is very good.

I don't have one

if I did it would be a debate on the sawn off or the 357

I love the Magnum. Ammo isn't too hard to find, and it doesn't require a magazine. And it kills 'em dead! Though for me it's not a choice between the Magnum and the sawn-off. I'll take both. 

When I hear M4 fire I usually head the opposite direction. M4 fire 99% of the time means dbag and/or illegitimate/exploitive play.