Sign in to follow this  
seeinred

Helicopter Crash Sites Guide(.50/.51)

Hello everyone I thought I would write a post that some might find helpful, based on my experience with crash sites since .50.

Frist off since patch .50 was released I have found close to 240 Heli Crash Sites, and by what I have seen there is a pretty common pattern.

Out of the 240ish Helicopters that my clan and I have found most have been BlackHawk(Smoking Heli Crash Sites) vs. the Mi-8 Russian Crash Sites.

All helicopters were found on our Private server with Persistence disabled.

I found a way to find Heli's with persistence enabled(but it sucks). SS link here: http://pbrd.co/12bvLfm

BlackHawk Crash Sites;

1 out of every 2 BlackHawks we found a Blackskull Balaclava.

1 out of every 2-3 BlackHawks we found Scopes(ACOG, RV1 RDS, BUIS, etc..)

1 out of every 5 BlackHawks we found an M4A1, with mags nearby.

1 out of every 11 had a 300 Round Ammo Box.

Mi-8 Crash Sites;

1 out of every 3-5 Mi-8's we found a variation of the AK47(AKM, AK101, AK74SU, AK74..), and magazines for said AK.

1 out of every 7-8 Mi-8's we found general clothing and really worthless hats(pink balaclava though) so sexy.

1 out of every 55 Mi-8's we found a Smersh Vest.

Anyway what we have found is that helicopters do not show up on Persistence based servers(but they're there). Persistence enabled servers do have Helicopter Crash Sites but they're invisible. I found a way to combat this on servers with Persistence enabled(ask for screen shot).

Now for the info to help you farm them(easily). Before starting find a compass, and go to http://www.izurvive.com/

There are a little over 50 known crash sites, and you can cover 24 of them with little knowledge and about 15 minutes of running around without having to battle people like me.

Start North of the Tents at the NWAF(Northwest Airfield) and travel south along the runway. One you reach the end of the runway keep heading south and look directly to your right over the concrete wall, if nothing look south into the tree line past the wall(last spawn of area).

Stop for water if you head directly west you will find a pond next to a red roofed barn.

Head South by Southwest about 5 degrees(turn right slightly). Along the way you will encounter a Military complex with 3 Barracks, and 1 prison. There will be a total of 3 helicopters that can spawn while heading South. You will pass the Military complex and run for another 3 minutes before you should see Green Mountain which has a giant watch tower exceeding well over 100 feet from the top of the tree line. Also you will encounter another watering hole for reference.

Now that you're at Green Mountain you can head East or West, I usually go West. Head up the hill Northwest of the pond slightly and run along the road until you find a long barn, and red roof barn on your right. Up ahead directly West you will find a Deer Stand and you will need to head south down that open field and check for the Heli's.

If you chose to go East head Southeast slightly, following about 20 feet from the tree line of Green Mountain until you encounter a deer stand, face east and look out into the fields and small town directly east, and about 100 yards from the road.

If you're on a Persistence enabled server you have to be very knowledged of where the Helicopter's spawn already, stand within 10 feet of where you think the Helicopter would be and face towards the spawn, logout and look at your screen. If there is a Helicopter there it will show up on the screen, if not then there is nothing there.

Please note that is not exact science and I can't guarantee you will find them like I did, but this is the most success I have had personally.

Best of luck to all of you guys out there, and remember to check your six because there are douchebags like me lurking in bushes :)

If you have any questions feel free to message me here or add me on Steam: Nofoxgiven

Updated with link to map that show's the route you should take. Thanks Miracool for the suggestion.

Map: http://pbrd.co/12btVLt

Video:

Edited by seeinred
  • Like 2

My friend said he found a smersh vest on this server DayZ Join and u will die ...... (Public/Veteran) 1253

Coordinates: 043-068

I don't know if it's a persistence enabled server or not. He said he had TAB open all the way managing his inventory, then he saw the smersh vest at the vicinity. 

The loot was there, the crash site itself was not.

Do you know if the persistence enabled servers spawn the heli crash loot or not?

And about the persistent server logging out trick, what is the point? Shouldn't you just go and check the floor if there is a heli spawn? If you're that close to it already (10 feet) then just go and check it. Or I got it all wrong?

By the way, how common were the combat knives?

Edited by Yazar8
  • Like 1

Thanks Yazar I forgot to mention that is another way to look for the loot, and yes they do spawn loot but more than likely you will have to be laying on your stomach crawling in the area to find it.

Thanks Yazar I forgot to mention that is another way to look for the loot, and yes they do spawn loot but more than likely you will have to be laying on your stomach crawling in the area to find it.

Another thing, AFAIK the M4 or anyother weapon will stay on the floor even after a server restarts  ( on a persistent server) if a heli crash spawns at some point of the day and it spawns an M4, later on, after the server restarts and the new heli sites are spawned, the M4 at the last spawn still should be there. Or does the server treat the spawned M4 differently?

How common are the combat knives btw?

Edited by Yazar8

So I guess thats why I found a random ammo box in a field the other day.  Invisible crash site.

Very interesting.  Guess now I can actually go hunt choppers without migrating to non-persistant servers. Hooray!

So I guess thats why I found a random ammo box in a field the other day.  Invisible crash site.

Coordinates of the place you found them please?

Another example over here, the ammo boxes also stay on the floor after a server restart. This means the more a server restarts, the more heli loot it spawns, the more ammo boxes stack up (and other persistent items) at the heli crash sites.

Another thing, AFAIK the M4 or anyother weapon will stay on the floor even after a server restarts  ( on a persistent server) if a heli crash spawns at some point of the day and it spawns an M4, later on, after the server restarts and the new heli sites are spawned, the M4 at the last spawn still should be there. Or does the server treat the spawned M4 differently?

How common are the combat knives btw?

I figured most people wouldn't care about the knife but we have only found about 6 of them in 140 or so blackhawks, I'll update this in a little bit because that's all we're doing is crash farming atm

Edited by seeinred

Coordinates of the place you found them please?

Another example over here, the ammo boxes also stay on the floor after a server restart. This means the more a server restarts, the more heli loot it spawns, the more ammo boxes stack up (and other persistent items) at the heli crash sites.

It was the field directly east of Devil's Castle, which seems to be a place where the crashes are known to spawn.

I figured most people wouldn't care about the knife but we have only found about 6 of them in 140 or so blackhawks, I'll update this in a little bit because that's all we're doing is crash farming atm

I love this specific item. I have one aswell, but I am so curious how common it is. 

Also can you tell me about the FNX, FNX reddot, M4 bayonette, M4 surpressor(?) do they still spawn?,

How often are the 60rnd mags found?

Edited by Yazar8
  • Like 1

I love this specific item. I have one aswell, but I am so curious how common it is. 

Also can you tell me about the FNX, FNX reddot, M4 bayonette, M4 surpressor(?) do they still spawn?,

How often are the 60rnd mags found?

I will let you know how often we find it for sure.

FNX and the FNX reddot is quite common actually probably every 5-6 blackhawks we come across.

I have 8 of the 60 round mags, and probably every 4-5 sites I've come across will have one.

Thanks for this info. We play on nice peacefull RP private server and all we need are heli cras sites. But no, stupid game hates us. Ill try looking for invisible helicopters. What locations are most common to spawn heli crash?

Nicely written guide but what would definitely improve it is an actual Chernarus+ map with a line (route) made in paint or any similar program. Not that I need it but I assume it would come in handy for some people.

• Like 1

Nicely written guide but what would definitely improve it is an actual Chernarus+ map with a line (route) made in paint or any similar program. Not that I need it but I assume it would come in handy for some people.

Thanks for the idea updated with link to map drawn poorly with paint.

• Like 1

What about the explosive grenades?

The combat knife is a really good item.

You can break your leg, take 100 bullets in you, there is one thing that will not get ruined and that is the combat knife If it is inside your boots.

It is the best knife in the game :p

• Like 1

What about the explosive grenades?

The combat knife is a really good item.

You can break your leg, take 100 bullets in you, there is one thing that will not get ruined and that is the combat knife If it is inside your boots.

It is the best knife in the game :P

unless you walk into a building and break your legs. bye bye knife.

unless you walk into a building and break your legs. bye bye knife.

It is not affected from any kind of leg breaking.

I broke my leg to a bullet, I broke my leg when I was about to drown. Both times the boots were ruined the knife was still pristine ^^

Edited by Yazar8

Thanks Scavenger, just ran this alongside you (dual screens) and it was very easy. Do Helo's spawn on persistence enabled? What is the difference?

P.

I would love a screenshot on how to find on persistent servers.. steam is ... fueledbyhate

I think they may have deleted the Blackhawk model (the old...black one) since 0.51. The only smoking sites I find are UH-1Ys.

Sorry, helicopter nerd... :)

I think they may have deleted the Blackhawk model (the old...black one) since 0.51. The only smoking sites I find are UH-1Ys.

Sorry, helicopter nerd... :)

That is correct Mookie. Since the patch hit .51 all I have found is the Huey.

Edited by seeinred