Sign in to follow this  
Aydjile

UnOpenable doors should look like they are!

Please upvote if you feel that current inactive doors are misleading and they should look like barricaded with planks, chained, broken, jammed etc.

Lets the convince the devs to redesign textures on unopenable doors. So we won't waste our time with broken immersion.

• Like 2

You can tell doors can't be open if they don't have a 3D handle.  ^_^

• Like 4

though i do agree with accolyte that you can tell hopefully when we get near finished product they can add that kind of polish to the game. boarded up doors and window would be cool for doors you can't enter. it would get the imagination running as too what happened whats behind that door or window that it needed to be boarded up. personally i think the most immersive building is the blue doctors office they did a great job with the atmosphere in that building with the blood and the pictures on the wall seems like some serious shit went down in there i hope we get to see more of those kinds of things later on though and if not oh well i'm sure the devs have a reason not to i trust there judgement they haven't let me down yet.

though i do agree with accolyte that you can tell hopefully when we get near finished product they can add that kind of polish to the game. boarded up doors and window would be cool for doors you can't enter. it would get the imagination running as too what happened whats behind that door or window that it needed to be boarded up. personally i think the most immersive building is the blue doctors office they did a great job with the atmosphere in that building with the blood and the pictures on the wall seems like some serious shit went down in there i hope we get to see more of those kinds of things later on though and if not oh well i'm sure the devs have a reason not to i trust there judgement they haven't let me down yet.

Which building is that? Can you show?

Ohh, you mean the medical facility? http://dayz.gamepedia.com/File:Medical_Center_frontal.jpg

Edited by Yazar8

Yes. Some planks over doors and windows and I'm happy ;)

But what about when barricading comes in? people will be trying to crowbar the planks off and we'll be back to where we started

But what about when barricading comes in? people will be trying to crowbar the planks off and we'll be back to where we started

True. But maybe there will be something written on the wall or door like: "Don't come in" or something ing like that. People would of corse recognize that text and know that they can't go in. Don't know haha does that sound good? ;)

I think its a good idea just need a few "un-openable" door textures for each type, make sure to use a visual that's distinguishable from barricading style textures.

I do feel the realism argument could be made though....like if you were looting a house, someone could have properly barricaded the door with furniture, braces ect. Then died inside and you wouldn't know you couldn't get in until you try it and see. Maybe theres an argument to make them indistinguishable from eachother.

I dunno, makes a lot of sense to be able to distinguish them, but could live with them looking the same as its kinda explainable with a lil imagination :)

Edited by Karmaterror

True. But maybe there will be something written on the wall or door like: "Don't come in" or something ing like that. People would of corse recognize that text and know that they can't go in. Don't know haha does that sound good? ;)

I don't think we can really say what would work best until we see how far barricading goes but maybe there could be piles of furniture or rubble in front of unopenable doors which i think would be less immersion breaking than finding you can't break down a door you would be able to break down in real life.