papajo

Please check the papers :D

Well I think papers are much underrated they add a nice element and add up to the "survivor" environment...

When I get a pen and find some paper I usually write some stuff and leave it there or in a relevant to the letters containt location.

Like tips for newcomers, stories (in role playing style) of my current state in the game (like November  11th day 4 I survived a wave of zombies ... blah blah.. there is a bandit out there with a red skirt be advised blah blah... I broke my leg and search for an injection please if you reat this at X date it means that I am probably somewhere around so have the kindness to leave one here so I can find it blah blah blah)

I just dont think that other players do this too since I never saw a written paper and I check them every time I find them (you dont even have to get them into your inventory you can just read them were you found them) 

And I find this kind of sad... So I made this topic to encourage other players putting notes out there too :P it contributes to the atmosphere of the game imho. :) 

• Like 1

I always write notes too, and i check any paper i find for a possible note. Once persistence is worked out and paper is included in the saved data im sure well be seeing notes everywhere.

• Like 3

I do most of the time. Usually they are blank though.

Edited by Yazar8

I only check notes if they're in suspicious places. They're always blank.

Now I don't bother.

i like to leave extremely vile and offensive notes such as 'you fucking smelly cunt' or 'your mother sniffs old mens bicycle saddles and then holds her breath and strums' or 'you smell like a blend of dustbins, human shit and rotten vaginas' or 'all black people are good athletes and have larger than average penises' and whatnot

I once left a note that encouraged the finder to '...do the world a favour and end your useless pathetic life, your existence is of no benefit to anyone, least of all your family who hate you and call you names behind your back like wanker, shitbag, fuckwit, pea brained loser and spastic' and waited for someone to find it and when a player finally came along he ignored the note so i shot him in the leg and forced him crawl back to the note and made him read it.... he logged off soon after and I have never seen him since, perhaps he took it to heart actually topped himself LOL

notes are fun i wish i could draw a penis on them though,  i did do one once but the penis was made up of strategically placed full stops exclamation marks and capital i's, it looked terrific when i typed it out but once i exited the writing phase and then read the note all the characters had moved position and it no longer resembled a cock and balls, yet another clear indication that this game requires a great deal of work before it's ready for full release.

• Like 2

I left quite a few notes. I always "try" to die with a note on me, telling a little bit of a story & making it clear i was friendly. Just in case the other party who killed me thought "i was for sure gonna kill em"

always wanted to leave a note with a few tips where i left a backpack full of stuff im just afraid noone will ever find it.

I've yet to find a note by another player.I always get excited finding paper in unordinary places. all blanks so far :(

Every single player who i killed or found dead never ever had a note but im not really surprised since they all tried to kill me

altho i made it perfectly clear im super friendly. KOSers obviously wont RP.

Edited by halp

I wish the devs would give "written notes" a different model, so we can easily tell the difference between blank paper and a note.

• Like 3

I wish the devs would give "written notes" a different model, so we can easily tell the difference between blank paper and a note.

Yes! Every time I am hopeful for some words, and every time those hopes are crushed.

Personally I always have a note on me. Usually some bits and pieces about where I've been and what I've been through. And since .51 came to exp, my consent to consume my body if you are in dying need. 

Instead of notes I usualy just leave one or two syringes filled with my blood  ;)

You should live a note next to it though with your blood group and describing how the blood system works in order for them not to die. 

Notes have been utterly pointless until the persistence was introduced (reboot, and the note is gone). I have to admit I am not sure if notes are part of the persistence settings.

I do believe that they could be used well as the game develops, and I certainly had fun using them as a trolling tool when they were first introduced. However the bottom line is that you don't really have time to read the notes and if you do very few have the patience.