dofazi

Netting and ghillie crafting

6 nettings over 6 restarts??? That's actually ridiculous IMO :/

Do you have a source for that?

Also, there is no trash loot anymore around boats (wellies, rain jackets, boonies) like there was in the latest exp build, which suggests that the loot spawn is simply bugged and doesn't spawn any of the loot it is supposed to.

You call that trash loot? Those are the best non-military clothes for wet and cold weather.

So its either:

• bugged and loot does not spawn
  • not carried over (netting might spawn elsewhere)
  • very rare to spawn anything
Edited by Evil Minion

How shall we test something that is literally impossible to get? It is almost like they want us to hop Servers....

How shall we test something that is literally impossible to get? It is almost like they want us to hop Servers....

Deans dream.....

Theres not much to test about anymore, really.

Exp showed that the crafting worked and the clipping with other clothing items works fine, same for the actual camouflaging.

Way better than having stable ( which is on the same patch for about a month! ) crowded with shooting bushes waiting for vehicles.

But you shouldn't hinder someone's playstyle.........  :rolleyes:

Of course, I also believe those mechanics should be implemented for EVERYONE. The bush-wookies would just cry about it more because they sit in a damp bush for hours....

hello folks,

i found a netting at a boat. but i can't craft a ghillie... if i drag the netting on the burlap sack nothing happens, it just switches position... very sad. any ideas?

hello folks,

i found a netting at a boat. but i can't craft a ghillie... if i drag the netting on the burlap sack nothing happens, it just switches position... very sad. any ideas?

you need to cut the burlap into strips

you need to cut the burlap into strips

tried that one too with no success...

i cut the burlap sack with a kitchen knife in burlap sack strips and drag the netting on it with no effect.

ok its working now. you need two burlap strips grouped together and one netting for the ghillie hood.

You call that trash loot? Those are the best non-military clothes for wet and cold weather.

Trash loot in the sense that there is an overabundance of it, and what there is left is mostly in damaged and badly damaged states.

Found this in my buddies back yard and for some reason it felt so wrong to just leave it.

I was so compelled to pick it up and start looking for some netting. lol!

DSCN9811.jpg

• Like 1

6 nettings over 6 restarts??? That's actually ridiculous IMO :/

Do you have a source for that?

Agreed. Common stuff like netting would be in almost every tool shed in existance. It's just an artificial limit to keep the amount of ghillies down.

• Like 3

I've just found nettings, but I can't craft anything from it? could anyone give me the "recipe" please?

I've just found nettings, but I can't craft anything from it? could anyone give me the "recipe" please?

In general everything is just netting and burlap sack strips (note: strips not sacks), the amounts used pretty much defines what you get.

Edited by ricp

Not being able to have a backpack and a ghillie suit is a fairly significant downside.

Edit: You'd also hope that when it is wet a ghillie suit is a considerable hindrance. Not implemented yet, I appreciate, but perhaps in later builds.

Actually, it's better when its wet, because it doesn't get snagged on every little twig... plus it depends on if it's a full ghillie, a patrol ghillie (i.e. how long it is). Is it heavier... sure. But, who looks at realism in this game when you dehydrate in a half an hour....

Too bad the bushrag (cape) and top are incompatible with backpacks. I hope they change that. If you made a ghillie cape for yourself IRL, surely you'd just drape it over your backpack.

Too bad the bushrag (cape) and top are incompatible with backpacks. I hope they change that. If you made a ghillie cape for yourself IRL, surely you'd just drape it over your backpack.

It's for balance purposes otherwise walking arsenal bushes would rule the land of Chernarus

It's for balance purposes otherwise walking arsenal bushes would rule the land of Chernarus

Is that known or are you just assuming that's the case?

Edited by Ham_Sandwich27

It's an acceptable drawback, really. From "realism" POV you could argue that putting it over the often bigger backpack might make it stand out more. Okay, if it's flat or small then I guess...

Well, maybe that is just the drawback of the improvised ghillie. Maybe military ones or so can offer a backpack or some pockets, if they ever add any.

It's hard to get (without any other help), comes with some somewhat realistic drawbacks (heat, less space) and is somewhat balanced imo. It still does not make you invincible, but can help a lot.

I don't understand why netting only spawn at boats at the coast.

People would have netting to protect their vegetables/gardens from birds &

also people who fish would have fishing nets which should be collectable.

Examples:

https://hetgroeitvanzelf.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/img_3264-kleine-kopie-aardbeien-onder-net.jpg?w=420&h=280

http://www.fishinginfo.eu/plaatjes/vistechnieken/onthaak01.jpg

Besides this, only 1 netting per restart is way to few, about 10 scattered around the map would be way more intresting.

The current type of spawn only encourages people to server hop.

They just want to see the new features of the new patch, can't blame them because there's not much more to do.