Sign in to follow this  
JGallemore1

Is there a better map than dayzdb?

im looking for a more detailed map than dayzdb. I always seem to get lost in the nw corner of map. currently im at a place north of vybor i know with a mechanic shop construction a school and 2 roadside shops. sound familiar to anyone?

The best map is the ingame one I always say ;) Nah, but external maps, idk, I don't use them. Try randomly exploring and seeing the world that way, it makes things more... exciting.

• Like 2

im looking for a more detailed map than dayzdb. I always seem to get lost in the nw corner of map. currently im at a place north of vybor i know with a mechanic shop construction a school and 2 roadside shops. sound familiar to anyone?

http://www.izurvive.com/

• Like 3

More detailed? How whould that help you if you get lost? You would rather drown in too much information missing the one you are looking for.

I can recommend the ingame map as it can be used while running and usually shows enough information to avoid getting lost. Online maps are mostly for finding your location early on and searching for a specific loot item.

If you have an android, windows, or ios device, download " IZurvive " Its a map where you can have a group, and set "meeting points" "player locations" and such for your friends, it also has a website, if you don't want to have to use your phone.

This is the best one, IMHO. It's very up-to-date and it does not clutter the map with useless (or extremely outdated) info like dayzdb.

Hands down the best external tool anyone can use in DayZ.

Sounds like you are a few hundred metres south of Vavilovo

This is the best one, IMHO. It's very up-to-date and it does not clutter the map with useless (or extremely outdated) info like dayzdb.

I prefer DayZDB because it looks less cartoony in my opinion. The amount of clutter is totally user-controllable too, by the way -- the only markers I keep on the map are town names, water pumps, supermarkets, police stations, and medical centers/hospitals. I will concede that iZurvive is functionally superior in its ability to connect players, but I think the DayZDB map is easier on the eyes. I do wish it were updated more frequently, though.

I prefer DayZDB because it looks less cartoony in my opinion. The amount of clutter is totally user-controllable too, by the way -- the only markers I keep on the map are town names, water pumps, supermarkets, police stations, and medical centers/hospitals. I will concede that iZurvive is functionally superior in its ability to connect players, but I think the DayZDB map is easier on the eyes. I do wish it were updated more frequently, though.

You can switch view with iZurvive and look at the map with satellite resolution, having basically the same visual input of DayZDB - only difference being up to date with latest map modifications (as far as I can understand DayZDB is still blocked with 0.48/0.49 map) and not having heavily outdated loot information on it.

When I first started playing on standalone DayZDB was the best tool, hands down..but with time and with different patches released it wasn't updated and that means it's useful only for planning routes. At the moment a good half of the loot tables are wildly inaccurate or plainly wrong...and many of the new cities and features are not represented (or weren't until a few days ago).

You can switch view with iZurvive and look at the map with satellite resolution, having basically the same visual input of DayZDB - only difference being up to date with latest map modifications (as far as I can understand DayZDB is still blocked with 0.48/0.49 map) and not having heavily outdated loot information on it.

When I first started playing on standalone DayZDB was the best tool, hands down..but with time and with different patches released it wasn't updated and that means it's useful only for planning routes. At the moment a good half of the loot tables are wildly inaccurate or plainly wrong...and many of the new cities and features are not represented (or weren't until a few days ago).

It's not the map itself I don't like about iZurvive, it's nit-picky things like the text. Very OCD of me, and not really a valid complaint :p DayZDB should be current as of 0.50 however, judging by what I can see in the way of map changes. In terms of loot, I don't ever look at a map anyway... I rely on memory. Really all I use maps for is plotting travel. Relying on maps for loot seems like an exercise in frustration to me given how frequently and drastically things can change in that regard.

Ty NexVentor

My pleasure  :thumbsup:

Agreed and if you have a team you can use it to name positions and locate exactly where your other guys are. Not sure dayzDB does that now but it never used to.

Normally I use an additional notebook for the map. But the last few time I was to lazy to start it up so I just ran and I was surprised what I saw here and there.

Sometimes it is better to explore the region without a map!