ianderson07@live.com

Things you regret doing

You are wrong. If that player had been me, I would not had tried to kill you. So, in reality you can't trust anyone in DayZ, but me. Actually, being such a friendly fellow gets me killed a lot, but I refuse to become a homocidal maniac like the rest of you. I just won't do it.

You are right, there are plenty of people in DayZ, that no matter what, they would stick away from NOT being friendly, however, the problem is knowing those type of people when you see them. You seem like a nice person, if I was talk to you in DayZ, I probably would trust you more than the other players, in this god forsaken wasteland.

Cheers! Stay Warm and Don't Lose Your Beans!

I shot a fresh spawn because I needed a battery for my rangefinder. And he obviously didn't have a battery anymore. Apart from fresh spawns requesting being killed or being killed after trying to attack me that was the only fresh spawn I've ever killed.

Never again.

I REGRET NOTHING!

Except the time I told the OP who suggested Skyrim lockpicking mechanics to go die.

Edited by Geckofrog7

at that time i had like 25 hours in the game...was going by gas station...looked for loot...came up empty.....had a shotgun, plenty of shells...remembered an explosion i saw a day or two before...turned back and said what the hell let's see.....was like 60 feet from a pump...left click once...next screen....you're dead.....just felt like an ***hole....loot die repeat

This kind of thing has happened to me a few times now.  Things like making an aim for myself, for example, travelling somewhere to be in position for Friday night squad play, and bypassing a military base.  I have an internal monologue which goes like this.

Me: OK lets just run south non stop and get close to our Friday night rendezvous location

Other me: Oh look, I'm not too far from that military base

Me: But I already have an AKM, AK74U and a kitted out Mosin with ammo for all.  No need to go in there.

Other me: But there might be something special in there like a High cap vest or another drum mag.

Me: Dont you remember what happened last time? You got slaughtered when you were in the Barracks.

Other me: But noone will be there, the server is almost empty.

Me: NO!

Other me: Oh go on, it will just take a minute.

Me: OK then

Other me a few minutes later: Oh now you are a fresh spawn, you probably should not have went there.  After all, you had load of gear and now you have messed up Friday night for all the boys.

Me: Thanks for the advice you twat!

Story of my life.

• Like 1

dCmTb1U.jpg

I regret I shot him...

I was at Novy Sabor, to finally complete a trade, I gave my part, but didn't receive mine. The item I'm looking for is in a backpack, but apparently I'm on the wrong server. Till I get the IP of the server, I decide to stick on this one, looting around for some food maybe? On the server there are only two guys, its me and this guy on the floor.

Just checking the houses etc. I am pretty much geared already. I found  a CR at one of the houses behind me. I say, "I'll take this to my hands, I don't have mags but I'll just carry it for lulz" walking at the street, I see this guy. I panic, my CR is not loaded so I ran behind the wall, then he was just like aiming at the street where I used to be. I pick him up as hostile, otherwise I was going to try to communicate. 

By the time I get my M4 out, I see he's still standing still. I thought he was gazing through his scope to see where I'm gone. So I decide to spray him with my M4 and he's done. I quickly check the playerlist, apparently he is not on the server.

Darn it, I say. He combat logged, that's why he was aiming and standing still. (When you leave a server with a gun in your hand, your character starts aiming) he was too scared from me so he combat logged. He is probably too new to the game to know there is a 30 second timer before you leave.

I regret killing a guy who didn't even have the chance to fireback. 

Edited by Yazar8

dCmTb1U.jpg

I regret I shot him...

I was at Novy Sabor, to finally complete a trade, I gave my part, but didn't receive mine. The item I'm looking for is in a backpack, but apparently I'm on the wrong server. Till I get the IP of the server, I decide to stick on this one, looting around for some food maybe? On the server there are only two guys, its me and this guy on the floor.

Just checking the houses etc. I am pretty much geared already. I found  a CR at one of the houses behind me. I say, "I'll take this to my hands, I don't have mags but I'll just carry it for lulz" walking at the street, I see this guy. I panic, my CR is not loaded so I ran behind the wall, then he was just like aiming at the street where I used to be. I pick him up as hostile, otherwise I was going to try to communicate. 

By the time I get my M4 out, I still he's still standing still. I thought he was gazing through his scope to see where I'm gone. So I decide to spray him with my M4 and he's done. I quickly check the playerlist, apparently he is not on the server.

Darn it, I say. He combat logged, that's why he was aiming and standing still. (When you leave a server with a gun in your hand, your character starts aiming) he was too scared from me so he combat logged. He is probably too new to the game to know there is a 30 second timer before you leave.

I regret killing a guy who didn't even have the chance to fireback. 

You shouldn't regret killing a combat logger. They're a plague of this game, ruining the game experience of many players. If someone is too afraid to face other players, he or she should go play some single-player zombie games. Interaction with other survivors, dying and starting again from scratch is what makes this game exciting.

I remember once I've stalked a player, who shot down a bambi looting Elektro. When I was about to deliver justice and fired, he runs into the red house (the one with only one entrance and only upstair rooms). I enter the place with my magnum in hand, very slowly. I tell him to give up, and that I'll spare his life if I'll see him with his hands in the air. I enter the final room and... it's empty.

But to stay on topic. What do I regret? That I missed and shot his arm, instead of his head.

I regret all those times I was fully geared and thought it would be faster to just climb down that ladder on top of a building to finally end up either dead or crippled and doomed to roll my way down the next life...

came into a room one time in Novo. guy was looking at the wall rearranging his backpack. when i saw him i panicked and shot all 10 bullets from my sks into him. i told him through direct i was sorry and he spooked me and his gear would be there with some ammo for his gun.

still feel like a dick for that. i know that feeling, dying before even seeing ANYONE

I regret drinking to much and sh!tting my pants in the backyard while throwing up on the dog next door,

I just wanted to pet him so he would stop barking and then got that funny feeling as I bent over to pet him. And BLAMO he's taking a bath in Vodka.

So laughing at that, make me do the other, which made the guy come out. OH man, it was a long night.