cobaas@live.ie

Anyone ever discovered a building with a ridiculous amount of loot?

So, i was looting in zelenogorsk and the entire town was completely full of loot - like a ridiculous level of it! Vid is for the prison building and how ridiculous that was but I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this or knows what causes it??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW2morlVhY4&list=UUwoXDQmR20kyz0aqlZ_qX4w

People loot the area around completely dry. They get lazy or say 'there is no loot', log out. Repeat for 30 people. Loot respawn builds up in areas that everyone is to lazy to check.

Happens all the time.

Thats why whenever someone posts one of those 'THERE IS NO LOOT' threads I laugh. First question I ask is 'where were you trying to get loot', answer is usually Electro/cherno.

• Like 1

People loot the area around completely dry. They get lazy or say 'there is no loot', log out. Repeat for 30 people. Loot respawn builds up in areas that everyone is to lazy to check.

Happens all the time.

Thats why whenever someone posts one of those 'THERE IS NO LOOT' threads I laugh. First question I ask is 'where were you trying to get loot', answer is usually Electro/cherno.

so thats what causes it? Because there was a loot and considering that it was the military base in Zelenogorsk that people would have looted there..

That's nothing op, I've seen barracks so full of gear that guns and stuff are literally spilling outside. You can't see the floor for the amount of stuff piling up.

zEsFTlq.jpg

htitjqK.jpg

3r3mipU.jpg

So, yes, would the be answer you are looking for.

Edited by ricp
  • Like 1

so thats what causes it? Because there was a loot and considering that it was the military base in Zelenogorsk that people would have looted there..

You would be surprised how few people know about it, and surprised still how lazy the general population can be.

I die a bit inside each time i see a thread that complains about the lack of loot or how hard the game is.

Im also sure this is an artifact of loot respawn that will get cleaned up a bit and is not intended. But I also think the amount of loot we have in general is way to high and will be eventually toned down when they get closer to beta.

Edited by Judopunch

It seems to be either feast or famine. Some releases have hardly any loot and you find yourself rejoicing at finding a tin of beans, then other releases seem to have more loot than you can shake a stick at. It's clear the images I posted are some sort of "bug" in the loot respawn process although interestingly I only find it in certain servers.

It seems to be either feast or famine. Some releases have hardly any loot and you find yourself rejoicing at finding a tin of beans, then other releases seem to have more loot than you can shake a stick at. It's clear the images I posted are some sort of "bug" in the loot respawn process although interestingly I only find it in certain servers.

In almost every server where there is no loot, there is an entire town that looks like the examples here. 

Probably not entirely intended, but the loot did go somewhere.

so thats what causes it?

Basicly yes.

There are basicly two requirements for loot to respawn: Items being taken and no player near, unless you loot cycle and force respawns.

So, if all players start in the east and pick all useful items while other players are around, loot will spawn endlessly in the west.

In almost every server where there is no loot, there is an entire town that looks like the examples here. 

Probably not entirely intended, but the loot did go somewhere.

I was more meaning releases. 48 and 49 was very tight for loot, 50 is positively riddled with the stuff.

I was more meaning releases. 48 and 49 was very tight for loot, 50 is positively riddled with the stuff.

There has been some variation, but in general there is to much loot in the game in almost every patch. There was a .5 exp patch... that was actually hard.

• Like 2

There has been some variation, but in general there is to much loot in the game in almost every patch. There was a .5 exp patch... that was actually hard.

I'll be honest I've only been playing stable since .50. That's only because there were no 1PP .50 exp servers. That and the game is now at a state where it's eminently playable and there is less need to hang on each exp release.

Have to agree with you on that, DayZ is supposed to be a realistic apocalyptic survival game, but there is way too much loot, espiecially tinned foods which you would think would be the first to go along with ammo, hopefully that will be turned down soon

Nope. Never encountered this issue. Must just be you, cause I've not seen any other threads on this topic.

[/sarcasm]

Edited by Geckofrog7
  • Like 1

Nope. Never encountered this issue. Must just be you, cause I've not seen any other threads on this topic.

[/sarcasm]

Overuse of satire/sarcasm dulls its effect.

Overuse of satire/sarcasm dulls its effect.

True, but shouldn't we have maybe a stickied page or something? There seems to at least be one thread every day about "INSANE LOOT CHECK OUT THIS SERVER".

True, but shouldn't we have maybe a stickied page or something? There seems to at least be one thread every day about "INSANE LOOT CHECK OUT THIS SERVER".

Ive been gone for a couple weeks, this is the first ive seen. Its been happening for a month or two now lol.

I happen to ran in vybor military base with insane loot. Every bunk bed had a couple of weapons and barely could see ammo from all the loot. Would putting gear inside bags that spawned there as well make the loot to respawn?

zEsFTlq.jpg

am i the only one that think those AK 101-s look like MP40's?

Qq3pgbe.jpg

7Dhnm4F.jpg

In other words.. Yes.    B)

Hey the pic of the broadcast building, was that in the Military Base south of Zeleno by any chance a few days ago? I killed a group of 4 guys there and a straggler with my mosin and aks - and the loot looks almost identical - kept getting stuck on it it was so much!

So, i was looting in zelenogorsk and the entire town was completely full of loot - like a ridiculous level of it! Vid is for the prison building and how ridiculous that was but I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this or knows what causes it??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW2morlVhY4&list=UUwoXDQmR20kyz0aqlZ_qX4w

Wow.. That loot is INSANE. I cant wait till I find a server with "undiscoveredness" like that.. wow.

the loot seems to be glitched in these areas, i've only found it in the military police buildings( do people still call them that?) and in barracks but it's fucking annoying since you can't find anything in the piles and they don't seem to spawn clips or ammo just guns and clothes.

the loot seems to be glitched in these areas, i've only found it in the military police buildings( do people still call them that?) and in barracks but it's fucking annoying since you can't find anything in the piles and they don't seem to spawn clips or ammo just guns and clothes.

I think that partly depends on what people have been taking elsewhere. Also suspect that lots of good stuff (eg PSO-1s) is hidden under the piles of Gorka clothing, berets, boots and helmets. I've seen piles of AKs (varying kinds) in lootgasm barracks, but usually only a couple of mags.

• Like 1