Yawdarious

Pffft i remember why im a Bandit.

Can I smell another Bounty? :D

Good thing to do...... if you can that is....... check his pulse, which will then give you the players name (so atleast you know who killed you I guess :huh:  )

cheers

Roger

Edited by Roger_Shrubz

Haha, then it's your own fault if you get killed. You are asking for it! Giving a gun to a complete stranger... 

You miss the point if they shoot they are not likely to kill me with 1 bullet and thus i learn if they are trustworthy and if not then i execute them ..

I offered to give some guys my powered milk and rice and .... .22'ed back of the head. If the shit hits the fan think about these dayz cause this is how it's going to be. Friendly chat, offer of goods, ... .22'ed

you're pretty scummy.

by the way, if shit "hit the fan" people would get together to build a better future, not kill each other unless it was COMPLETELY NECESSARY. its the reason people don't murder people often, because you CAN kill someone, and get away with it in real life, but why would you do it? there has to be a reason, you're just killing people for fun, with this little excuse.

Edited by over9000nukez
  • Like 1

I had 2 encounters today.  The first was nice.  I was at the south end of the NWAF and I turn a corner only to run into the only other guy on the server.  He doesn't shoot and neither do I.  We stare at each other for a moment then we start talking.  I help him with some ammo, he helps me with the location of a LRS and then we part ways.  Good guy....thanks Paul Bunyan

The 2nd encounter was not as friendly.  I am at the military base by Vybor.  The loot was the craziest I've seen it yet.  It's like I walked into a Cabela's or Bass Pro.  I'm in the single barracks on the south end and I hear a zombie.  I figure it's coming for me.  I have a Mosin on my back and an AKM with a 75 round clip in my hands.  I don't want to drop the AKM since I've had issues losing stuff after I drop it so I figure I'll just put a bullet into this zombie.  I look out the window and see the zombie run by but it's not coming for me.  Then I see the guy it's chasing.  Remembering my earlier encounter, I tell him not to worry, I won't shoot if he won't.  He doesn't say anything but I see him trying to get his axe out to kill the zombie.  I figure I'll go help him and I can have a 2-for-2 good day.  I come out of the barracks and he shoots me in the leg then turns and shoots the zombie.  He fired first so I put a bullet (or 10) in his head.  Sorry about your luck, but if it was going to be you or me...it's gonna be me.

Just goes to show you that you can never be sure what the other guy is thinking or what he will do.  This is why I primarily play alone and try to avoid other people

I had 2 encounters today.  The first was nice.  I was at the south end of the NWAF and I turn a corner only to run into the only other guy on the server.  He doesn't shoot and neither do I.  We stare at each other for a moment then we start talking.  I help him with some ammo, he helps me with the location of a LRS and then we part ways.  Good guy....thanks Paul Bunyan

The 2nd encounter was not as friendly.  I am at the military base by Vybor.  The loot was the craziest I've seen it yet.  It's like I walked into a Cabela's or Bass Pro.  I'm in the single barracks on the south end and I hear a zombie.  I figure it's coming for me.  I have a Mosin on my back and an AKM with a 75 round clip in my hands.  I don't want to drop the AKM since I've had issues losing stuff after I drop it so I figure I'll just put a bullet into this zombie.  I look out the window and see the zombie run by but it's not coming for me.  Then I see the guy it's chasing.  Remembering my earlier encounter, I tell him not to worry, I won't shoot if he won't.  He doesn't say anything but I see him trying to get his axe out to kill the zombie.  I figure I'll go help him and I can have a 2-for-2 good day.  I come out of the barracks and he shoots me in the leg then turns and shoots the zombie.  He fired first so I put a bullet (or 10) in his head.  Sorry about your luck, but if it was going to be you or me...it's gonna be me.

Just goes to show you that you can never be sure what the other guy is thinking or what he will do.  This is why I primarily play alone and try to avoid other people

People who don't respond interaction are mostly the unfriendly ones, experience talks here.

I like never saw a guy saying they are friendly and shooting afterwards, or trying to interact and shooting afterwards, raising hand, you name it.

Edited by Yazar8

You miss the point if they shoot they are not likely to kill me with 1 bullet and thus i learn if they are trustworthy and if not then i execute them ..

I understand your point mate, that's why I wrote "IF you get killed" and it's a pretty big probability that you will die from one bullet in the head.

You didn't agree with his opinion so you put a bullet in his head...

YES.

every racist deservs that :D

you're pretty scummy.

He's playing a video game. Who cares?

Smart trick, really.

Well usually myself and the other ØFF THE GRID team send a 3-4 squad into the hot spots with 2-3 sniper coverage but I wanted to go to ground zero to see what would happen lol exactly what I thought ... .22'ed Lawl

People who don't respond interaction are mostly the unfriendly ones, experience talks here.

I like never saw a guy saying they are friendly and shooting afterwards, or trying to interact and shooting afterwards, raising hand, you name it.

I don't know about that. I ran into a guy at ATC at NEAF, I had a gun he didn't. He made me promise him that I wouldn't shoot him. We were chatting for a few minutes, was making plans to run together and loot the town of Krastonov (spelling?). Out of nowhere, he takes out his axe and started attacking me. I shot him but I ended up bleeding and he ruined my rags so I bled out. What a dickhead. 

I don't know about that. I ran into a guy at ATC at NEAF, I had a gun he didn't. He made me promise him that I wouldn't shoot him. We were chatting for a few minutes, was making plans to run together and loot the town of Krastonov (spelling?). Out of nowhere, he takes out his axe and started attacking me. I shot him but I ended up bleeding and he ruined my rags so I bled out. What a dickhead.

Thats why I have a balaclava at all cases, if your rags get ruined, you can use that.

He's playing a video game. Who cares?

Smart trick, really.

the person who just had their 5 hours disappears cares.

cry more?

It's infinately easier to just ambush someone and take what u need from a corpse then it is to negotiate with unknowns

So? Respawn. Try again. This game is about perseverance and player interaction. Moments you call 'scummy' are what makes this game great - You can't trust anybody.

• Like 2

you're pretty scummy.

by the way, if shit "hit the fan" people would get together to build a better future, not kill each other unless it was COMPLETELY NECESSARY. its the reason people don't murder people often, because you CAN kill someone, and get away with it in real life, but why would you do it? there has to be a reason, you're just killing people for fun, with this little excuse.

They main reason people don't just take what they want by force is that the law is stronger at the moment. In a post-apocalyptic world this would not matter. So, yea, people would kill each other for whatever they had on them. You put too much faith in humanity. Without laws and individuals to enforce them this world would be anarchy. 

• Like 1

I've only met a handful of players in game that were cool, the rest are just, well, I can't think of a word to describe them that won't get my post removed :D.  I've also played with a few from the forums here that a cool folks.  Other than that I only play with close friends.

I completely agree that its hard to meet a stranger in dayz that is truly cool and trustworthy. I feel its very indicative of human nature. In a true apocalypse situation, I feel the scenario with meeting strangers would be the same, and thats the beauty of this game.  the fact that this player had the ability to be so deceptive (as mean as it may be) is amazing and I give him my beans. I learned my lesson the hard way as well when I was fully kitted out and help a fresh spawn in novo with food and water when I was knocked unconscious with a single swing of his baseball bat while in my inventory screen. best bet is definitely to play with close friends and treat any other player as a true threat, despite wearing a hard hat and having a courier bag stuffed with less than desirable goods.

Well today I popped my cherry and robbed a guy after gaining his trust. I just couldn't help myself. He had a fully kitted Mosin with plenty of ammo as well as a Magnum, hunter pants, Gorka jacket, drybag full of loot, and a fire axe. I had a down jacket, jeans and a cowboy hat, and a cattle prod in my backpack. I had a Longhorn but no ammo for it, just some .357 and shotgun shells. We looted the bar in Berezino, then in the bog room upstair I zapped him with the cattle prod, took his weapons and ammo, a knife, a compass, a canteen and his clothes which I swapped with mine, and left him with the LongHorn and two rounds.

Figured I'd let him live with a fighting chance to come after me. I bolted into the nearest woods and watched him through the LRS, he looked for me for a while but then gave up and ran off.

*disclaimer* This is more of a cathartic post than anything.

Well. To start off, i generally play with a group who commits banditry, but solo i generally do not. I was fully kitted out, and ran into a newspawn. he asked me not to shoot him, i told him i wouldnt, he seemed like a cool guy. We ran around for 3+ hours, got him fully geared and chatted on our treks across the map. In the end, after 4 hours of chillin and talking.. He just shot me in the head, and while unconscious, he told me "dont trust anyone, bitch." and proceeded to finish me off. I then proceeded to stare at the "Youre Dead" screen for atleast 5 minutes solid. So i came to the conclusion that now... Everyone i see is going to end up in a body bag.      :|

Im not raging because a 100+ hour character died, or that i lost all my gear that id had for a quite a while. Im rather salty only because, if i really couldnt trust someone whom i played with for over 4 hours, and talked to nearly the whole time, who can i trust. I was anti KoS for a long time (Once again, im a very nice person when i play solo, and even with my "bandit group" its usually just handcuffing and having fun) But now i completely understand why it needs to be done. Getting killed by a newspawn thats found a gun is one thing, but helping someone for four hours or so, and talking about all sorts of topics, then being shot by them? Its kind of disgusting.

PS: Tool that killed me, i hope you like my gear, and i hope you get fed multiple bottles of disinfectant.

/Endrant

So. You would rather have the story of 'i saw this guy and I shot him', instead of the interesting and entertaining bit you just posted?

k.