Sign in to follow this  
Kahzmat (DayZ)

Pants Up/In the boots.

Hello, I post this topic because a thing disturbed me in the game :
When you wear some pants, they cover the shoes, I just suggest an option where we can choose to put the pants up the shoes to make this more realistic with a combat gear.

Ex :

post-222123-0-49653100-1416132223_thumb.

PS : Sorry for my english, I'm french.

Edited by Kahzmat

You are right.

This is the best way to wear pants with boots, because it keeps them more dry, when walking in mud and watery areas :)
Would love to have this option, or perhaps just do it by default on the military boots.

EPS : Sorry for my english, I'm french.

We forgive you for being French.

• Like 2

Good idea.

In german we say:

"Willst du die straße rocken, steck die Hose in die Socken"

(Wanna rock the streets, put the pants in the socks"

socks_chinotuckedin.jpg

But maybe let us also be able to roll of sleeves of jackets and shirts, etc.

tumblr_mgbhewaGDz1qbmllio2_500.gif

or rip out sleeves (like the Jacket from Mad Max)

28yu3lhle5co.jpg

Edited by irishroy

Are there even soldiers putting their pants inside their boots? Because at least the German ones use bands to keep them just above. It looks almost the same but is more practical - and it might also be easier to implement.

Edited by Evil Minion

Both of them use elastic band on their pants to keep them up the boots, but the first one is a regular french soldier (Centre-Europe Camo), the second one, a russian suit (Wal BDU Camo).
I think that both options should be implemented.

Edited by Kahzmat

yeah more countries blouse their boots then tuck them in, but for the sake of finding dumb tiny little items it should just be tucked in.

Hello there

If I wear combats in real life i blouse my pants into my socks which come just above the boots.

I dont need anything to assist ant they never pop out and most combats either come with a lace or strap to tie em down.

I dunno about trendy cargo pants and how they work though.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

I'm not sure that keeping up with uniform regs are a big priority to the devs and I doubt it ever will be. This isn't a combat Milsim. I like that people want to look a certain way but Joan Rivers is dead and wont judge you for wearing a plaid check shirt with your Gorka pants. It's more about keeping dry and staying warm. Or else I would be in shorts, flippy floppies, a football jersey and having a beer near Balota around high noon all the time. 

Blousing would not be bad imho, although in the current build(s) I do not really see a benefit other then pure cosmetic.