Sign in to follow this  
FishGuts4Lunch

Axe degradation

I have found myself a tent and now have a little camp with all the comforts of home. I hunt, fish and cook on a fire as much as I can. I avoid the hot spots and only venture into town when I really need to. The only down side is now that I am chopping wood, the condition of my axe is going down hill fast. My axe is my primary weapon when going into the town. I would rather be without my gun than my axe. Other players you can avoid but Zeds are inevitable. I like the fire axe but if I want a new one it is going to mean returning to a fire station. God I hate going there! The place is one big death trap.

So, in game we can repair our clothing, backpacks, vests, shoes and guns... Why can't we repair the axe? How hard could it be to sharpen it on a stone or replace the handle with a bit of ash wood.

We have stones and we have ash wood sticks. No new items need be added, just the process of crafting the repair?

What do you say? Is it do-able?

Edited by FishGuts4Lunch
  • Like 2

You can repair an axe from badly damaged to damaged with a stone, just dont let it get to ruined status.

• Like 3

The Splitting Ax should be your Ax of choice based on your play style. It won't degrade like the Fire Ax when felling trees. It also does the same amount of damage to Zeds. Furthermore they are generally located in sheds behind residential homes making it easy to slip in and slip out unnoticed. 

Fire axe definitely does more damage than a splitting axe, a fire axe is one hit kill anywhere on a Z, however a splitting axe is only one hit kill to the head of a Z.

Edited by Durzos

you can fix an axe with a stone.  stone can be stored in fireplace kit (add same way you add a log).  won't make it pristine, but it'll never get ruined.

Love this playstyle!!! Would love to see someone doing this working with a farmer for mutual benefit...

Sadly they would be killed by bandits, but they could enjoy that while it lasted.

Ah I didn't realise you could only repair the axe once uit reached  "Badly Damaged". I was assuming I worked like the sewing kits and would improve up to a status of "Worn".

Thx mate.