Sign in to follow this  
Toperek1990 (DayZ)

Monster loot and server hoppers!

OMG !  Looks like a college dorn room.. Now i know why everyone has a Tricked Out  AKM and full gear.  Thank Gawd for private Shards.. The only way to go.

• Like 1

had exactly the same on celtsclan at the same location yesterday

Edited by freethink

OMG !  Looks like a college dorn room.. Now i know why everyone has a Tricked Out  AKM and full gear.  Thank Gawd for private Shards.. The only way to go.

Private shards or a public server with persistence off. We turned it off for this very reason. 

• Like 1

persistence go to hell.

Haha! I guess a positive that you could take away from all that loot (of course minus the low FPS) is you get to kill lots of server hoppers! That IMHO is a good deed ;) 

We found two that spawned in last night at the same location looking for loot like that. We took one out and the other gave up b/c all he had was a sporter 22. After cuffing him and talking to him he said he came on the server hoping to find gobs of loot. Joke was on him b/c he failed to read the server name entirely where we make mention that "PERSISTENCE IS OFF". 

:P 

• Like 1

Haha! I guess a positive that you could take away from all that loot (of course minus the low FPS) is you get to kill lots of server hoppers! That IMHO is a good deed ;)

We found two that spawned in last night at the same location looking for loot like that. We took one out and the other gave up b/c all he had was a sporter 22. After cuffing him and talking to him he said he came on the server hoping to find gobs of loot. Joke was on him b/c he failed to read the server name entirely where we make mention that "PERSISTENCE IS OFF". 

:P

lol :)

It also seems someone had done some active lootcycling, judging by the huge pile of junk loot that you run past at the beginning of the video in front of the barracks.

• Like 1

It also seems someone had done some active lootcycling, judging by the huge pile of junk loot that you run past at the beginning of the video in front of the barracks.

yep

Private shards or a public server with persistence off. We turned it off for this very reason. 

Sorry, I don't understand.  This kind of over-loot would happen on a server with persistence on, right?  Because with persistence off all the loot would be wiped out at each restart.

Edited by Robert Neville
  • Like 1

Sorry, I don't understand.  This kind of over-loot would happen on a server with persistence on, right?  Because with persistence off all the loot would be wiped out at each restart.

correct.

• Like 1

those are the fun sides of alphatesting bugridden development builds :D

Kecr2aM.png

• Like 1

Those servers are so laggy. I avoid them like the plague as the desync is rediculous.

it's true. LAGS as hell......... this amount of loot makes the game crash for many people

Spawned in Kamy, ran around Elektro, ran to Cherno, cut up through the hills to avoid Balota, then came out of a clearing to my first above ground Heli crash.  I have never been so excited (yes I have, but hyperbole's are fun).  M4 attachment, M4 attachment, M4 ammo, M4!! M4 sights!! even an FNX5!  So excited!  Then I got cocky, or I just play stupidly.  Ran through the shadow of Green Mountain headed to Zeleno from the south.  I hear a bullet impact, then "You Are Unconcious!"  NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  I was so cool for just a minute.

So I'm desperately smashing the "w" key yelling "GETUP!" but I heard death approaching.  The footsteps got close then stopped.  Then the proud a-hole goes into some sort of rant about how "Fucking Bullshit" server hoppers are, and how abusing servers with messed up persistence was as low as hacking.  He also pleasantly commented on how he wished he could look up my address to come murder me for real, because he would make it slow.  

Moral of the story?  With loot the way it is, I would have done the same in his shoes, minus trying to make it a personal affront.  better safe than sorry.  Also, server hoppers usually aren't running around the limbo in between cities, are they?

Edited by MuddyRaccoon

Spawned in Kamy, ran around Elektro, ran to Cherno, cut up through the hills to avoid Balota, then came out of a clearing to my first above ground Heli crash.  I have never been so excited (yes I have, but hyperbole's are fun).  M4 attachment, M4 attachment, M4 ammo, M4!! M4 sights!! even an FNX5!  So excited!  Then I got cocky, or I just play stupidly.  Ran through the shadow of Green Mountain headed to Zeleno from the south.  I hear a bullet impact, then "You Are Unconcious!"  NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  I was so cool for just a minute.

So I'm desperately smashing the "w" key yelling "GETUP!" but I heard death approaching.  The footsteps got close then stopped.  Then the proud a-hole goes into some sort of rant about how "Fucking Bullshit" server hoppers are, and how abusing servers with messed up persistence was as low as hacking.  He also pleasantly commented on how he wished he could look up my address to come murder me for real, because he would make it slow.  

Moral of the story?  With loot the way it is, I would have done the same in his shoes, minus trying to make it a personal affront.  better safe than sorry.  Also, server hoppers usually aren't running around the limbo in between cities, are they?

there are normal players and server hoppers, you were the normal one and got unlucky. When we were recording this video we saw people randomly running out of a barrack which they never enter before, or from closed camo buidling.. not everything was put in the video because too long videos are BAD. :)

in place like this: "Better safe than sorry" :)))

Edited by Toperek1990

those are the fun sides of alphatesting bugridden development builds :D

Kecr2aM.png

I think SKS everywhere is more accurate.

The only weapons I've not seen mass spawn are Mosins and AKs. Found an AK-74u in one of the barracks at the NWAF though when every other building there had bugged loot spawn.

I think SKS everywhere is more accurate.

The only weapons I've not seen mass spawn are Mosins and AKs. Found an AK-74u in one of the barracks at the NWAF though when every other building there had bugged loot spawn.

I've seen a mosin mass spawn @ blocks above cherno