TOPMO3

New Zombie Textures

Very good work. If ArmA 3 is still slated to be released in November, I hope you plan to work on those textures as well.

Shoot...just realized that November is only 5 months away...

Thanks, but I don't know where everyone gets that DayZ will be coming for Arma 3. Rocket has said time and time again that he will most likely have the game be a stand-alone, and a small price point. I'm hoping to get these textures into the current build of DayZ, since it's what's being played now.

Yeah I saw your youtube video a while ago, good work man. Maybe also new zombies might be a cool new add!

Just a question, would it slow down the gameplay noticeably? I mean 1 or 2 might not but over 500 zombies? Just wondering.

I really like it! Would be cool to see some more grit on the textures.

Would also be nice to maybe mess with the models a bit (whether or not your allowed to do that I have no idea) but it would be cool to see a zombie with one arm or with no jaw xD

Thanks all. I'm pretty much done with the textures. Unfortunately for now, the Pilot cannot be edited, as his texture pack cannot be unlocked with the current editing tools available. He comes with the BAF expansion, and those PBO files cannot be unpacked. Oh well, maybe someday. Right now I am making tweaks to existing specular, shadown, and normal maps of each of the models, so they better match the detail I've put into the color maps. Once this is done, I'll make another video showing off everything, and hopefully we'll move forward from there.

There is no way to edit the physical models, those files are locked by Bohemia Interactive. I can only add color/textures. As far as adding different zombies, that's a question you'll have to pose for Rocket. I'm merely making the game look nicer. This is in no way meant to change anything outside the aesthetic scope. Stay tuned!

Hey guys. So I finished the textures, all but the Pilot model, because the current editing tools don't allow the unpacking of .pbo files from the BAF expansion, which the pilot model is a part of sadly! I made custom specular and normal maps for each of the new textures I've made, which adds an even greater level of detail to the models! Here is my final video where you can see all of the changes. Once again, if you enjoy this, let it be heard, and we can get these textures into the game, otherwise, they will just sit on my hard-drive! :)

Thanks again for your encouragement, and kind words. Hopefully we can all contribute something cool to this game!

Edited by TOPMO3
  • Like 2

So, have you been in contact with some devs? Those skins look awesome.

• Like 1

Im bumping this for greater goods! We want this in the game! Awesome work!

Please put this in the game DayZ Dev Team, I would love to have the Zeds look like this. They simply look better.

Excellent work, I would like to see these added to the mod

We have already talk about this, but really great work! Thank you to have quoted my work and for your compliments TOPMO3. I hope that Rocket will add all of this...

nice work hope to see this soon on dayz

I hope devs at least notice this ;) this is awesome work!

+1 definatly really want this. Great job your actually someone who made a idea rather than just suggesting and leaving all the work to the dev team love it.

get it implemented into the game NOW!

Thanks for all the support and kind words guys. I'm happy to see the community as enthusiastic about the project as I am. As of today, I haven't heard anything from the developers or Rocket regarding this project. I have attempted to tweet @dayzdevteam and haven't had any responses, which tells me there are gameplay changes right now which must take precedence over any graphical changes. No way to tell for sure however, so I'm just letting things go or now. Thanks for your feedback, contact me if you have any questions or concerns.