TOPMO3

New Zombie Textures

I just had an idea, I want to share:

What if there was a second texture, with fresher blood (brighter red). If a player gets attacked or killed by zombies in any area, the zombies spawning in the vicinity (200m?) within maybe half an hour, would spawn with the fresh blood texture.

Then you could tell by looking at the zombies, if a player has recently encountered these zombies.

Is this even possible? Do you think, the idea has any merits?

Good work with priest textures! Looking absolutely awesome!

What are the next ones? Military?

Look pretty good, I wouldn't mind taking a crack at playing around with some

re-textures myself.

Id like to see if bone and muscle/organ exposure can look realistic

on the existing meshes.

Stepping that up, I dont see why texture and mesh updates couldn't be community driven and voted on.

Them being put in is another story.

It raises an interesting point about the graphic modding community.

Which I'm sure there is afew here to make improvements.

Did some work on the Hunter model today, and found out something quite interesting. Currently in DayZ, the Hunter model uses the texture from the Citizen model. You can tell because the Citizen's sweater is on the Hunter's leg. Also, if you look at the back of the Hunter's model, you can see a bottom of a shoe, where his pants should be. An honest mistake I'm sure.

Anyway, I took the liberty of picking a nice texture from the 4 available Hunter textures, and dirtied it up a bit. Since he's a Hunter, he must spend lots of time outdoors. This is reflected in the large dirt and mud stains on his shoes, pants, and jacket. I kept the blood to a medium amount with him, and added a nice rip to the back of his jacket which you can't see in the screen shot. Maybe once I finish all of the textures, I will make another video and show you guys the details of the models. Hope you like it!

z4oNH.jpg

• Like 1

These textures are a solid upgrade from the default ones

I really hope rocket or some of the devs catch hold of this and implement this

I don't see why these textures shouldn't be added to the game, its good, quality stuff. Obviously the guy making them has lots of enthusiasm, so if you add these ones im sure we will see many quality work from him to come.

Did you contact the devs, mainly the rocket ? You should get hired ^^

Too bad my 3d+texturing skills lay 5+ years in the past.

I really like these, defiantly would add more depth to the game. Keep up the good work, they are looking great.

Very nice. I am personally hoping for much greater variety in the skins themselves. All too often I find myself running from quintuplets or several sets of quintuplets.

I'll say it again: How can i hack the mod to install these textures? This is the best thread on the suggestion forum so far.

I'll say it again: How can i hack the mod to install these textures?

Hey dude' date='

Currently you can't play DayZ with these textures because my textures don't match with what's currently the latest version of DayZ. If one day these textures make it into the game (if Rocket requests them from me, and puts them in the client download), then you will be able to run them. Right now I play with the same default Arma textures just like everybody else. It's the reason I'm doing this project, to make something nicer than what we currently have. I hope that with enough enthusiasm from the community, we can convince Rocket to put these in, and then everybody can enjoy them!

The way I'm able to show you these textures right now, is I'm essentially running a duplicated DayZ mod along side my official DayZ mod. On my duplicated one, I replaced the textures with my new ones. I can't play it in multiplayer, but I can use the editor, which is how I got them all to line up for the video. Hope that all makes sense!

This is the best thread on the suggestion forum so far.

I really appreciate that man. While I think making the game more fun for everyone, and re-evaluating game content is crucial at this stage in the alpha, I'm more of a visuals guy (do 3D for a living), and I figured I'd do my part!

Bring em on! Looks fantastic and you are addressing a point that has disturbed me from the very beginning, but not enough to suggest any changes in alpha. I thought it would be major work (probably is) for the devs to implement "nicer looking" infected.

So what are the next one? Mechanic? You dont have access to military ones, do you?

Latest update!

Here's the citizen texture I created. I decided to experiment a bit with this texture in a couple of ways. I decided to extend a bit of his sweater down past his belt, and ripped another bit of it off, around his bellybutton. It's hard to see because I have not yet created the normal map for it, which would really help separate each one of those elements. I have also put a rip in his left knee, and some nice cracked-leather texture on the back and front of his jacket.

Again, once I finish all of the textures for the current zombie models included in DayZ, I'll go back and add the normal map details to each of the models, so they help create that sense of depth in the model.

ufoPC.jpg

The way I'm able to show you these textures right now' date=' is I'm essentially running a duplicated DayZ mod along side my official DayZ mod. On my duplicated one, I replaced the textures with my new ones.

[/quote']

Ahhh... That's probably the bulk of my PM questions Ive been bugging you with lol.

Makes sense why I was getting missing texture errors in the armory.

New Update!

Here's my take on the two soldier textures; the Soldier and the Heavy Soldier. I did some nice grease stains on the camo, put in a couple of nice oil stains. Drew up some dust effects on the boots and camo, and topped it off with loads and loads of dried and fresh blood! These two models actually consist of a combination of 3 different texture maps believe it or not!

The Helicopter Pilot is coming up next, which will finish off all of the zombie models currently in use in DayZ. I think I will go back and revisit some of the earlier versions I have done in order to bring them in line with these latest ones. I rushed through some of those, and I'd like to give them some love.

ENJOY!

wBbOZ.jpg

MlYIL.jpg