Sign in to follow this  
Evil Minion

0.51 Ammo Rarity

Ammo Rarity  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following ammo types are relatively easy to find?

2. 2. Which of the following ammo types are about average in terms of rarity?

3. 3. Which of the following ammo types are very rare compared to the others?

A new update and it seems like ammo rarities got changed again. I would like you to give feedback on them by voting according to your impression on how easy it is to find a certain ammo type.

If you feel a certain type falls between two categories you can vote for both.

Edited by Evil Minion

TBH, I think it's good that "basic" ammo like Shotgun-shells, etc. are fairly "common".

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 4

I found 1 round of sks ammo today.

Hey wanna trade the single round against one of the 30 sks i have found in the last 10 hours...

(Of course without any ammo at all :D 

• Like 2

What we really need is some more data for this, can't draw conclusions from a small data sample after all.

I think the ammo is perfectly balanced at the moment, except for 7.62x39 which should spawn in residential areas but only spawns in military ones.

Personally I found more 7.62x39mm rounds than 9mm and .45 ACP rounds combined but thats probably just because I got "lucky" with the spawns.

• Like 1

Interesting. 

Recently I've had trouble finding shotgun shells, .357 and the obvious ones: 5.56 and 7.62x39.

I was able to grab a bunch of 5.45 without a problem (not a gun for it tho).

Shotgun shells and .380 rounds seem to be everywhere - .357 Magnum and .22LR as well but not as common (zhough the latter usually comes in 50 round boxes). 5.56 and 7.62x39 rounds aren't that rare in military spawns (especially the prison buildings) but I only ever found two boxes of 5.45 rounds. Interestingly I also found tons of Mosin rounds in residential areas - maybe you people are looking at the wrong places.

To sum this up in my way when I travel. In residential areas(including police stations fire stations) I see these types of ammo commonly. 12 guage, 22lr, 357, mosin rounds, and 380 auto. For rare to very rare I see 45 acp, nato or m4 rounds. Then the rareest of them all akm rounds and 9mm. I seriously find more of the nato rounds in police stations than 9mm 45 acp and akm rounds. I just want 9mm and 45 acp to be more common.

I'm quite devastated that they nerfed the 7.62x39mm spawns. SKS's are everywhere in civilian spawns if you find one on the far east you're forced to travel to military areas in the far west, just to find the ammo. You might as well have an assault rifle by then.

Edited by Quackdot

Shotgun shells and .380 rounds seem to be everywhere - .357 Magnum and .22LR as well but not as common (zhough the latter usually comes in 50 round boxes). 5.56 and 7.62x39 rounds aren't that rare in military spawns (especially the prison buildings) but I only ever found two boxes of 5.45 rounds. Interestingly I also found tons of Mosin rounds in residential areas - maybe you people are looking at the wrong places.

yep I almost changed to a mosin (i prefer the sks) due to the high availability of ammo in residential areas.

I found tons of rounds for my SKS at the military prison of Turovo and you can also find them in wrecked vehicles. The SKS is still viable because its way easier to get your hands on than any assault rifle. The CR527 on the other side... its already quite weak and both ammo and magazines being very hard to find is just the final nail in the coffin.

Edited by Evil Minion

I found tons of rounds for my SKS at the military prison of Turovo and you can also find them in wrecked vehicles. The SKS is still viable because its way easier to get your hands on than any assault rifle. The CR527 on the other side... its already quite weak and both ammo and magazines being very hard to find is just the final nail in the coffin.

The 7.62x39mm still should spawn where every other civilian ammo spawn is.

personally I like the ammo rarity- Its more realistic- atleast if you're not stalking bases or airfields all the time. I find way more 380 .22 shotshells and 9mm than anything else and realistically that is the way it should be.

all over the world the small calibers are pretty plentiful in civilian populations although the 7.62 x 39 and .54 aren't rare, much less likely to be come upon in bulk unless you find someones stash.

I was playing on an empty server just after reset to test some guns and even in freshly unlooted areas this was the case and it suits me just fine

Sneaky rename - if you already voted but feel things have changed in 0.51 stable please delete your vote and vote again.

Ammo seems a little easier to find now which is a good thing. Its just the magazines and clips that seem to remain hard to find at times.

Edited by Deathlove