Lee_Harvey_Oswald

will I get banned if I server swap?

dunno if there's actual punishment that happens (for... anything really), but if you have to ask if something's bannable, it's scummy at the very least.

• Like 1

No, But doing so in popular areas might get you killed before you can even see anything,

You have been warned :)

• Like 1

No, but your reputation will most likely be tarnished.

• Like 2

No, but your reputation will most likely be tarnished.

+1

Server hopping is widely considered the mark of a bad player.

• Like 2

Server hopping is a good way to get loot. But beware if someone sees you when spawning, most likely you'll get killed. Its unfare to server hop especially to the newbies. If your desperate to get new loot from a recent stable update then that's a good option but still, its better to earn it the hard way.

Edited by DaNic2553

I never have issues with loosing gear from swapping too much. Is it a bannable offense to server swap too much?

thanks

- Lee

Hi,

No, of course it isn't a reason to get banned. You'll only ever really get banned for hacking (and quite rightly so!). The problem you'll find is you significantly increase your chance of death by doing it. The only places worth the effort of doing it, and the load times etc are military bases. If a server only has 2 people on it, at least one of those 2 people is server hopping like you, and they're also going to be at a military base. If a server has been up for over 30 minutes, the military bases have likely already been looted, so you've wasted the 60 second countdown plus the minute on Please Wait (where anyone can kill you), and the time it takes to run around. People will server hop the servers that they know the restarts for. Vilayer servers restart every four hours at set times, 4pm, 8pm, 12am etc, so if you try it at these times you will likely meet other server hoppers.

When you consider server hopping you really need to think about what you're actually going to achieve by doing it. If you spend a couple hours server hopping around a military base, and avoid getting killed, then you'll likely have military jacket, trousers, boots, high capacity vest, helmet. hunter or mountain backpack, maybe an Assault Rifle and a couple clips, and plenty of food. Awesome. It's taken you a few hours, and it's been pretty dull doing it.

So you're all decked out in your military gear, and decide to go looking for adventure or action because hey, you have a 75 round clip, so who can mess with you now? I'll tell you who.. pretty much EVERYONE. The guy that just spawned can get a lucky punch, knock you out, and take your stuff and kill you with your own gun. The guy that spawned 30 minutes ago that found an SKS and ammo in a town has the same firepower as you with your AK and 30/75 rounds because it doesn't take more than 10 shots to kill you. And I've not even mentioned the people that will have found a Mosin and long range scope/compensator in the towns, who are now camped out ready to kill any guy with an AK from 800 meters.

If you want to kill other players, my best advice is don't bother server hopping for military grade gear, just find yourself any old gun and get to it. You can find a sporter with clips and ammo pretty easily, yes they're not a lot better than a pea-shooter, but if you get the drop on someone they're still lethal. The same goes for the shotgun. The sks and mosin are not too hard to find, although the ammo is a little tougher to come by. You will feel a lot better about yourself if you get a kill when you have basic gear, and just as importantly, you'll care a lot less when someone kills you. And if you plan on looking for players to kill, you're almost certainly going to eventually get killed yourself that way.

• Like 3

Hi,

No, of course it isn't a reason to get banned. You'll only ever really get banned for hacking (and quite rightly so!). The problem you'll find is you significantly increase your chance of death by doing it. The only places worth the effort of doing it, and the load times etc are military bases. If a server only has 2 people on it, at least one of those 2 people is server hopping like you, and they're also going to be at a military base. If a server has been up for over 30 minutes, the military bases have likely already been looted, so you've wasted the 60 second countdown plus the minute on Please Wait (where anyone can kill you), and the time it takes to run around. People will server hop the servers that they know the restarts for. Vilayer servers restart every four hours at set times, 4pm, 8pm, 12am etc, so if you try it at these times you will likely meet other server hoppers.

When you consider server hopping you really need to think about what you're actually going to achieve by doing it. If you spend a couple hours server hopping around a military base, and avoid getting killed, then you'll likely have military jacket, trousers, boots, high capacity vest, helmet. hunter or mountain backpack, maybe an Assault Rifle and a couple clips, and plenty of food. Awesome. It's taken you a few hours, and it's been pretty dull doing it.

So you're all decked out in your military gear, and decide to go looking for adventure or action because hey, you have a 75 round clip, so who can mess with you now? I'll tell you who.. pretty much EVERYONE. The guy that just spawned can get a lucky punch, knock you out, and take your stuff and kill you with your own gun. The guy that spawned 30 minutes ago that found an SKS and ammo in a town has the same firepower as you with your AK and 30/75 rounds because it doesn't take more than 10 shots to kill you. And I've not even mentioned the people that will have found a Mosin and long range scope/compensator in the towns, who are now camped out ready to kill any guy with an AK from 800 meters.

If you want to kill other players, my best advice is don't bother server hopping for military grade gear, just find yourself any old gun and get to it. You can find a sporter with clips and ammo pretty easily, yes they're not a lot better than a pea-shooter, but if you get the drop on someone they're still lethal. The same goes for the shotgun. The sks and mosin are not too hard to find, although the ammo is a little tougher to come by. You will feel a lot better about yourself if you get a kill when you have basic gear, and just as importantly, you'll care a lot less when someone kills you. And if you plan on looking for players to kill, you're almost certainly going to eventually get killed yourself that way.

I am not a server hopper, but if I would be, your text would probably get me to think about it twice, nicely written sir :D :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Over-gearing is often an exercise in futility. I've happily found plenty of ammunition, guns and supplies on the far reaches of the map only to re-enter 'society' and get shot dead from an unseen and unheard sniper or backstabber. Better to play as you go, get lucky or die worthless and alone than to waste time getting all da'gunz'nbullets like I stupidly did. 

• Like 1