Sign in to follow this  
thrashzone

Video Card Suggestions

I have a stock HP P6510y. It has an AMD Athlon II x4 630 Processor (2.8Ghz) and 4GB Ram and I'm running Windows 7 Home premium.These stats are fine to run the game but the video card it comes with is rated way low on the playability scale for this game. (in fact Game Debate says I shouldn't be able to play this game at all, but I can, though in Crap Mode). The video Card is an ATI Radeon HD 4200.

In any case, does anyone have any video card suggestions based on experience that will run this game well? Please include Power supply necessary to run it as I have to upgrade that too no matter what card I buy. (Came with a 250w)

Click to view detailed Motherboard information.

Edited by LordVido

I'd go with an AMD R7 260X or the Nvidia GTX 750 Ti. The 750 Ti requires a mere 300w power supply, but otherwise something around 450w will do.

(Came with a 250w). 

:huh:

Listen to my man Baron.

• Like 1

Leaning to the R7 260 so far. Got good reviews on Amazon. Playing with what I have now is giving me motion sickness ....

What is your total budget?

I really, really recommend not skimping out on the PSU to spend more on a GPU. Get a good PSU and a decent GPU, you can always upgrade the latter.

Go for a reputable brand of PSU something like Corsair, Seasonic, etc. I use a Superflower 750W PSU and that serves me very well.

I use a GTX 770 by the way. It runs everything on high to ultra settings at 1080p with it generally above 40fps at all times and mostly higher.

To be honest I'd get a new rig rather than putting a high end GPU in a PC that doesn't look like it was made with gaming in mind. I'd get a decent PC with say a GeForce GTX 650 or something with an eye to upgrading that at a later point. Sticking a GPU in that PC might not have the desired result of making it good for gaming.

At the same time however, It would obviously improve your gaming experience, but I'd say you'd be better off not spending too much on a GPU right now. Basically I mean don't get a 770 yet. Lol sorry to ramble.

Edited by DoctorBadSign

I really, really recommend not skimping out on the PSU to spend more on a GPU. Get a good PSU and a decent GPU, you can always upgrade the latter.

Go for a reputable brand of PSU something like Corsair, Seasonic, etc. I use a Superflower 750W PSU and that serves me very well.

I use a GTX 770 by the way. It runs everything on high to ultra settings at 1080p with it generally above 40fps at all times and mostly higher.

To be honest I'd get a new rig rather than putting a high end GPU in a PC that doesn't look like it was made with gaming in mind. I'd get a decent PC with say a GeForce GTX 650 or something with an eye to upgrading that at a later point. Sticking a GPU in that PC might not have the desired result of making it good for gaming.

At the same time however, It would obviously improve your gaming experience, but I'd say you'd be better off not spending too much on a GPU right now. Basically I mean don't get a 770 yet. Lol sorry to ramble.

Budget is irrelevant. It's more like upgrading to a card that makes sense with this PC. I haven't used a computer for gaming in years, and I'm only doing so because I'm interested in this game. I would really rather not buy a new computer if I can help it. This computer works just fine for the things I usually do with it.

As far as power supply I am looking at the Corsair cx600

750 will be more than enough for OC'ed CPU and two high end GPUs

I got 550 and I could throw in another HD7950, admittedly I would be pushing it but it would work. 

That being said PSU is not something that you save money on. Not just power, but more importantly A BRAND. Reliable one. 

Edited by General Zod

Heck I run a 9800gtx and its fine. I doubt you could find one now, but the cards that are a couple of years old are cheap now.

Whatever you can afford. Nvidia or AMD - no matter. Bang for buck is pretty much equal.