Sign in to follow this  
roninhg

Survival / "Realism" Mechanics I hope get implemented

Here's a list of survival and realism systems that I hope they implement or expand on further. Notice, I included systems they have already introduced to be thorough:

Hunger/Stomach Contents/Energy/Thirst - Implemented, needs values tweaked but I really like the mechanics of the system

Broken Bones -- Glad the system is in, definitely needs to be tweaked as to what can actually cause a broken bone. I think they should make it so you **take some health damage based on the distance you fall but only break legs after 20 ft or so. <ost characters aren't "falling" accidently and it takes a pretty high fall to actually break your legs if you know you will fall or you jump - WAY more a one story building. Falling off the hospital, maybe.

Limping / showing damage effect on controls and movement -- looks like they are considering this. REALLYhope it makes it into final version. If you're shot in the arm, no way you're using that thing until it's "fixed". Serious leg wound? You're gonna limp at least.

Disease System -- Looks like they're working on it, can't wait!

Nutrition System -- I made a post about this and devs confirmed they will have nutrition affect your immunity. I would love it if nutrition levels also affected healing regen rates.

Stamina / Fatigue -- Really want this to be in. Can't tell if it's partly in now or not. I do hear my character breathe heavy, gasp for air, and have more weapon sway, but haven't seen any further effects of pushing your character's body to the limit. Hope this gets expanded since anyone who isn't a trained athlete and runs a 400 meter sprint will possibly: pass out, vomit, have vision go blurry for a few minutes, etc.

Shoes / Foot Damage -- Looks like it's in! Values definitely need tweaking....a lot but good to see the basic mechanic is in experimental

Farming / horticulture -- what I've seen so far looks like a great start. Can't wait to see more!!

Hunting / fishing -- Keep expanding on this, can't wait!!

Moisture / rain effects -- it's in, needs tweaking, loving it!

Temperature effects -- it's in, needs tweaking, loving it!

Storage Resources -- I think there should be base "resources" that you can collect and store if you build a storage unit for it. These would be say:

• stones
  • scrap metal
  • cloth
  • wire
  • water

I would like to see persistent storage bins for these things that allow you to trap rainwater, say and keep a large collection of water in your camp. Also, storing logs, metal, etc so you can craft things and build buildings out of the base resources.

Edited by roninhg
  • Like 2

Never liked the fatigue system, rocket has said he does not want it in the game. WIth it in it would take a lot longer to get around in a map that already takes ages.

• Like 2

I highly oppose anything that punishes traveling on foot until we have the most basic of vehicles in.

• Like 2

Damage effects and limping animations have already been done. Dont know when they will be released to exp or stable though.

This suggestion boils down to: everything needs tweaking. Well DA! You know what it is, don't make it say it...