Sign in to follow this  
ZombieHeadHunterALPHA

wtf instant death?

I read another thread that talked about this but it got locked. This isn't a flame post but after hours of playing and gearing up I died in a military compound trying to pick up something. My game froze for a few seconds when I had my inventory open then 'you are dead' comes on the screen. What is causing this and for the love if humanity please fix this.

I read another thread that talked about this but it got locked. This isn't a flame post but after hours of playing and gearing up I died in a military compound trying to pick up something. My game froze for a few seconds when I had my inventory open then 'you are dead' comes on the screen. What is causing this and for the love if humanity please fix this.

Glitch of some sort.

Normally, I dislike the phrase, but ALPHA.

The Devs have far more important things to fix.

Main thread on insta-death

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/213065-sudden-instant-death-and-player-hit-points/

not locked.

As for your particular case, please provide additional info context.

Could you please provide description of events, leading to your sudden death, and were you on full blood/health ?

Also, any estimations, how many hours were in your life, how much accumulated damage did you take from zeds, how many shoots, how many times were your arms/legs broken, how many splints did you use, how many time did you bleed, were you hit by zeds from distance greater than 10m while sprinting, or from another floor than you are in a building, death was on stairs, ladders, or 2nd/3rd floor in what building, 0.5 fall damage, etc.

Any even little clue may be very useful.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Paxom

The devs have more important things to fix then a bug that instant deaths you for no reason?

Really?

Like what?

The devs have more important things to fix then a bug that instant deaths you for no reason?

Really?

Like what?

Like....pretty much all of the rest of the game-breaking glitches, as well as the glitches that come about due to the implementation of new "stuff"?  Bugfixes happen during Beta. We are "technically" supposed to be finding all the glitches now, in Alpha.

• Like 1

It could be players who have invisibility hack.  I was in a prison at northwest airfield a few weeks ago in the second floor room with the door closed and suddenly my character said AH and I think I have a fracture, then 10 seconds later I here AH and it says my legs are broken, then I hear laughing as I have to crawl down the stairs and outside where I am killed by zombies.  The people with invisibility hack often use melee to kill which makes no sound and you can be alone looting/eating and then just be dead and think it is a glitch.  I think the invisibility hack is relatively new because I didnt experience it until the past couple months or so.

Glitch of some sort.

Normally, I dislike the phrase, but ALPHA.

Indeed, like making the game entertaining again.

My legs break in prisons sometimes to aannd i still insta death sometimes in fire stations. Fun stuff fully geared being executed by stairs.

This happened to me last night while a buddy was skinning an animal, apparently it's a known bug.  If you're by someone skinning an animal or walk over you get the You are Dead message, however I logged back into the server at the advice of people we were playing with, and sure enough I wasn't dead, just 1 minute back from where I was before I got the message :P

Like....pretty much all of the rest of the game-breaking glitches, as well as the glitches that come about due to the implementation of new "stuff"?  Bugfixes happen during Beta. We are "technically" supposed to be finding all the glitches now, in Alpha.

For the life of me it makes no sense to close threads having to do with this 'insta-death' bug, there is no more important bug in this game right now. If we are supposed to believe Alpha is for players to route out all the bugs, then it's probably smart to fix a glitch that drives people away from the game.

Also, I am not seeing a lot of serious bugs now besides this one. If we really want to give the devs a more accurate depiction of a DayZ world, then we need to eliminate this bug ASAP.

My experience with the instant death bug: It has to do with elevation. If you are elevated, after having gone up stairs (I haven't seen this happen after climbing a ladder), then at some point there is a chance the game thinks you "fell", thus breaking your leg. If you have broken a lot of bones, then eventually you simply die without having any chance to help yourself. I have seen both, standing still on the 2nd story of a house and BOOM, broken leg. I was a fresh spawn so it was repairable. If I was a betting man, I'd say the instant death bug has to do with desync.

My advice to people wanting to stay alive, either drop your gear and suicide after a few days or just don't go up in an elevated building.

For the life of me it makes no sense to close threads having to do with this 'insta-death' bug, there is no more important bug in this game right now.

In my 460ish hours of this game, I think I've only randomly keeled over from random cardiac arrest maybe three times. There are many more important bugs in this game. You're just upset because you died and didn't expect it, and you didn't follow the first rule of DayZ: Never get attached to your loot. Weird stuff happens. It's an Alpha. The Devs are working on new zombie behavior, new control schemes, the Truck, more fluid animations, all that stuff. 

To me, the most game breaking problem that I'm havi

No message received for 12 seconds...

• Like 2

In my 460ish hours of this game, I think I've only randomly keeled over from random cardiac arrest maybe three times. There are many more important bugs in this game. You're just upset because you died and didn't expect it, and you didn't follow the first rule of DayZ: Never get attached to your loot. Weird stuff happens. It's an Alpha. The Devs are working on new zombie behavior, new control schemes, the Truck, more fluid animations, all that stuff. 

To me, the most game breaking problem that I'm havi

No message received for 12 seconds...

-WEEPS-