keeper23

Very Clever

People who suicide to get "better" spawns are hilariously bad at the game, and should feel bad.

IMHO.

Not necessarily, Some players may of just been killed in Novo, got a friend watching over his gear, and get a Cherno Spawn. There's nothing bad about trying to save time.

Ya, you...  not everyone is here to fullfill your rp needs, its an open map alpha survival game and how people play the game is not dictated by anyone other than themselves.

LOL so you're playing a "survival" game where you "suicide"? The entire game is based around scavenging for supplies meaning you have to walk places.

Wait, how did you die 15 seconds later? What is so dangerous about this place that newbies should know? TELL ME! haha

Personally I do not play in groups - the entire idea of using teamspeak in games such as this puts me off of the idea.

There are so many good spawn points now that I see no need to ever suicide. A few months back it seemed that I was spawning in only Solnichny or Berezino which are my 2 least favourite spawn points. That has changed now, and the game has improved with the variation. It's a shame to see people who's idea of enjoying a game like this is narrowed by previous pvp type games - I guess that in the future with the planned changes to server types that we can allk pick and choose which game we want to play - clan friendly pvp or lone survivors.

I don't have an issue with people suiciding to get a better spawn but I don't really know what a better "spawn" is. I play the game to survive, not acquire gear so if it takes me a few hours to get decently geared I'm not fussed.

A better spawn is a spawn where you're closer to your friends and/or to a place with bigger chances of obtaining better loot which will in turn increase the chances of survival and make your life more comfortable.

They should just add a respawn cooldown IMO. Three deaths in 10 minutes should result in you having to wait 30 minutes before you're able to spawn again

• Like 2

What is a "better spawn"? Closer to friends? I ran from Berezino to the town NW of the NWAF in 20 minutes.

That is ridiculous. I only have about an hour per day to play games. I don't want to spend half of my time auto-running to where my friends are. Because of this, I believe players should be the possibility to choose their general spawn location. NE, SE, SW. Done.

A better spawn is a spawn where you're closer to your friends and/or to a place with bigger chances of obtaining better loot which will in turn increase the chances of survival and make your life more comfortable.

You're never more than 20 minutes away from your friends and there's an adventure to be had getting there. Suiciding to get a better spawn to get better gear means you already lost the game. You failed to survive. If people are too pussy to survive an area they don't like I don't have an issue with it, though.

That is ridiculous. I only have about an hour per day to play games. I don't want to spend half of my time auto-running to where my friends are. Because of this, I believe players should be the possibility to choose their general spawn location. NE, SE, SW. Done.

So we should tailor the game around your playing habits?

Edited by Jexter

Well don't waste half of your time auto-running to where your friends are then...

Why don't you just take your time, talk to them in TeamSpeak, loot on your way and meet then in-game the next day? Do you really have to be close to the animated representations of your friends to enjoy the game?  :wacko:

• Like 2

You're never more than 20 minutes away from your friends and there's an adventure to be had getting there. Suiciding to get a better spawn to get better gear means you already lost the game. You failed to survive. If people are too pussy to survive an area they don't like I don't have an issue with it, though.

When playing with friends, I don't mind "losing" the "solo game" if I get to start the "co-op game" sooner than I would otherwise.

Edited by Powerhouse

When playing with friends, I don't mind "losing" the "solo game" if I get to start the "co-op game" sooner than I would otherwise.

The constant respawning to get a better spawn probably takes the same time, except by not suiciding you'll have some gear now.

But it's ok to play like a pussy too ;)

The constant respawning to get a better spawn probably takes the same time, except by not suiciding you'll have some gear now.

But it's ok to play like a pussy too ;)

You don't play with friends, do you. I'm not a pussy for sacrificing something less fun for something more fun. If my friend is in Balota securing an AK for me, and I'm a freshspawn in Svetlo, I sure as hell will jump off a building in attempt to respawn in Cherno. It would be silly not to and you're silly for thinking otherwise.

Edited by Powerhouse
  • Like 1

Do you really have to be close to the animated representations of your friends to enjoy the game?  :wacko:

Yes. I have 538 hours played. This game is not fun for me solo anymore. I'm sick of the KoS and just general "DayZ is deathmatch" attitude from the vast majority of players. I want to log in and play with people I know.

• Like 1

Yes. I have 538 hours played. This game is not fun for me solo anymore. I'm sick of the KoS and just general "DayZ is deathmatch" attitude from the vast majority of players. I want to log in and play with people I know.

But you aren't playing solo if you're talking to your friends who are also playing. I don't understand why it's such a big deal that you have to be able to see them in-game straight away. :S

• Like 1

But you aren't playing solo if you're talking to your friends who are also playing. I don't understand why it's such a big deal that you have to be able to see them in-game straight away. :S

When our in-game avatars aren't in a close vicinity I am, effectively, playing solo. Since when is it negative or a "big deal" to want to play a multiplayer game with your friends?

Let me put it like this. For me, multiplayer games are about playing with other people. I would prefer for those people to be my friends. Now, my friends already have a strong aversion to DayZ. The majority of them work for the same company as me, a F2P publisher in Germany, and are very critical of most video games. Of my friends that own the game none have played longer than 20 hours with the majority having spent about an hour in-game. When I tell these professionals/parents that I will have to run 20 minutes just to find them they say "fuck that, let's play something else".

Sorry for making a "big deal" about it.

When our in-game avatars aren't in a close vicinity I am, effectively, playing solo. Since when is it negative or a "big deal" to want to play a multiplayer game with your friends?

Let me put it like this. For me, multiplayer games are about playing with other people. I would prefer for those people to be my friends. Now, my friends already have a strong aversion to DayZ. The majority of them work for the same company as me, a F2P publisher in Germany, and are very critical of most video games. Of my friends that own the game none have played longer than 20 hours with the majority having spent about an hour in-game. When I tell these professionals/parents that I will have to run 20 minutes just to find them they say "fuck that, let's play something else".

Sorry for making a "big deal" about it.

I never said it was "negative" or "a big deal" to want to play a multiplayer game with your friends. My point was that I don't see why running mindlessly for 20 minutes would be preferable to deciding on a meeting point and arranging to meet there so that you can play together the next night.

I don't really see why that's a problem. I mean, you probably aren't going to watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy if you only have half an hour to watch TV. Are you?

I never said it was "negative" or "a big deal" to want to play a multiplayer game with your friends. My point was that I don't see why running mindlessly for 20 minutes would be preferable to deciding on a meeting point and arranging to meet there so that you can play together the next night.

I don't really see why that's a problem. I mean, you probably aren't going to watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy if you only have half an hour to watch TV. Are you?

I get your point. Don't play DayZ unless you have time to play it. Perhaps that is true. Sorry if I was being snappy. :)

Please note, I don't want to run for 20 minutes mindlessly. I don't even want to arrange a time to meet my friends the following day to play together. I want to load the game, commit suicide and help out my noob friends. I don't care about dying. I care about the senseless running all around the map to play with other people.

I feel like this game and the vast majority of players are completely antisocial. Not only in the unfriendly/hostile sense of the word, but also in the sense that any kind of normal, cooperative or friendly behavior seems to actually be discouraged. I wonder if this is by design.

• Like 1

I think you should respawn as far as possible from your body and any storage as possible and by extension as far as possible from your friends as well - otherwise death would lose its meaning. You are just much less reckless and uncaring if dying results in 20-30 minutes (or more) struggle to get back to your buddies.

Right now cooperative behavior is somewhat discouraged by design - or better: cooperation is not encouraged by design. This will probably change with development though (recent changes indicate a trend in this direction).

Still at the moment you can live on your own without too much hazzle - after "early game" the environment is not that challenging anymore and most of the benefits of teaming up are related to defending against other players.

Then there is almost 100% anonymity even on the character side - names can be changed at any time and we only got ~15 different characters meaning idientification is extremely inaccurate (25% chance to recognise a player on a 40 full slot server where nobody joins or leaves). Now in order for cooperation, altruism and most social systems to work you would need a fairly accurate identification system. It doesn't need to be 100% but the higher the better. A wide array of different characters with fixed (but not necessarily unique) name per characters would do the job here.

Finally to emphasize cooperation there should be cooperative rewards that would require cooperation to achieve. Right now all high level rewards are of the "survive long enough while still visiting dangerous places" variety - which can perfectly be done alone (server hopping doesn't help either). Sure cooperation does help here - but the benefit does not outweight the risk.

You don't play with friends, do you. I'm not a pussy for sacrificing something less fun for something more fun. If my friend is in Balota securing an AK for me, and I'm a freshspawn in Svetlo, I sure as hell will jump off a building in attempt to respawn in Cherno. It would be silly not to and you're silly for thinking otherwise.

Yes I play 99% of the time, in any game, with friends. We talk on teamspeak as we're moving to the point we've allocated to meet by and we all have some gear too. This is because we want to play the game, not kill ourselves for the sake of a few minutes of not having our AV's next to each other.

I feel like this game and the vast majority of players are completely antisocial. Not only in the unfriendly/hostile sense of the word, but also in the sense that any kind of normal, cooperative or friendly behavior seems to actually be discouraged. I wonder if this is by design.

BING!

Yes I play 99% of the time, in any game, with friends. We talk on teamspeak as we're moving to the point we've allocated to meet by and we all have some gear too. This is because we want to play the game, not kill ourselves for the sake of a few minutes of not having our AV's next to each other.

Not convinced.

In any case, you may like to gear up or do whatever you do before meeting up with friends. I like to meet up with friends and then play. With friends. Because talking with friends while playing alone does not count as playing with friends.

• Like 1

I try to respawn in water so I am soaked and freezing and don't make it a mile out of the middle of nowhere before starving and collapsing from hypothermia. 

Yours Truly,

Swimming to Drakon

Not convinced.

In any case, you may like to gear up or do whatever you do before meeting up with friends. I like to meet up with friends and then play. With friends. Because talking with friends while playing alone does not count as playing with friends.

Well that's easily disproved right off the bat, isn't it. You're playing the same game, on the same server and talking to them, ergo, you are playing with them - just imagine you both have walkie talkies if that's to difficult for you. This would mean that as soon as you lost sight with them, you suddenly would be "playing alone" - yeah, right.

Play like you want but you're the one wasting time and play by suiciding though you probably want to band together so you can go pvp, right?

You're playing the same game, on the same server and talking to them, ergo, you are playing with them - just imagine you both have walkie talkies if that's to difficult for you. This would mean that as soon as you lost sight with them, you suddenly would be "playing alone" - yeah, right.

He probably means he wants to play as a team with this friends. Just being on the same server isn't the same as playing together. Perhaps it would be better to stop arguing semantics and, perhaps, just try to understand what others are trying to say.

Well that's easily disproved right off the bat, isn't it. You're playing the same game, on the same server and talking to them, ergo, you are playing with them - just imagine you both have walkie talkies if that's to difficult for you. This would mean that as soon as you lost sight with them, you suddenly would be "playing alone" - yeah, right.

Play like you want but you're the one wasting time and play by suiciding though you probably want to band together so you can go pvp, right?

I like to do shit together, not just communicate over in-game distance. If that means I have to sacrifice my character which has nothing, I will do that. Because otherwise I'd end up running and running. If I looted on my way, it'd take even longer and I'd still end up playing by myself for a period of time I'd rather spend being within range of my friends. Nah I don't do that because that's not what I find fun in. I'm most definitely NOT wasting any time.

I don't always suicide just to meet up with friends, especially when we're all freshspawns or so. I'm saying that if I find convenience in it, I will not hesitate to suicide because it's useful and the game lets you do it without limits at the moment.

Edited by Powerhouse