Death By Crowbar

How much of DayZ have you experienced?

How much of DayZ have you experienced?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Select each of the following you've done (no cheating!).

• Made a fire AND cooked meat on it.
    • Gone fishing AND caught a fish.
    • Crafted a make shift bow.
    • Crafted arrows to go with your make shift bow.
    • Used a hacksaw to saw off a gun.
    • Used a pick ax to mine rocks to sharpen an edged weapon.
    • Crafted a backpack.
    • Found someone's tent in the woods (bonus points if you stole it or something in it!)
    • Escaped a zombie by locking it in a room.
    • Visited the far north or far west of the map, the debug area, the great area of nothing but blank ground and ocean.
    • Found a helicopter crash.
    • Given or received a successful blood transfusion.

I know. But my friend must have somehow mixed up the bloodbags with each other (he had 2 bags. So he could have taken the wrong one ;) )

Aww, that's butal man lol...

May I suggest another poll option?

Who just gears up with whatever crap clothes and guns they can find, eats and drinks to full green and then pvp's without a thought or even knowledge of how to do the survival aspects.

Straight to number 1 with a bullet!

Great poll though. :)

I actually thought about asking about this but as far as I'm aware including you only 2-3 people have ever done it, and I knew it would only get 2-3 votes.  :D

Fair enough :p I wish that trip were still possible! (Maybe it is, haven't tried).

WTF?  I am dumbfounded by the results of this poll.  Only 10% of people on average have done most of these things!

Unfortunately, I don't think this type of poll (on this particular forum software) deals with percentages the way you're thinking. When it says "x%" next to a poll option, that means that out of the total votes cast for ALL options, it got that percentage of the votes. What it isn't, is an indicator of what percentage of respondents did that particular thing.

Edited by Tatanko

I like to try the new aspects of the game, but have stopped short of bow and arrow crafting and fishing.  Which is a shame as I do enjoy the crafting aspects of the game.

There doesn't seem to be any advantage or return on the time and effort required to achieve theses goals.

Maybe they should offer more of an incentive to players to try these new things?

Such as eating fish immediately returns you to full healthy status, all green bars, with full blood too?

The bow could be treated as a third weapon slot?

Maybe you should be able to use books as well as chicken feathers to make arrows with?  (I remember, in the real world this is, making my first arrows with cardboard flights.  Yeah they were pretty crappy, but they worked.)

Or an arrow hit renders the person hit immediately unconscious?  (Just for trial purposes of course.)

Or you randomly spawn with a bow and arrow or fishing pole to encourage folk to try it out?  

It's tricky enough trying to stay alive without trying to find bloody chicken feathers to complete a difficult to use one shot weapon...

Haven't done fishing yet. Too many tools involved, and I am currently satisfied with hunting to bother with it. Haven't found a tent in this game yet at all, not as loot and not someone elses. I haven't tried blood transfusion because it is somewhat pointless when you can regain blood much easier and relatively fast by just eating and drinking.

Tried all the rest.

I only "Made a fire AND cooked meat on it". I died before I had the chance to go fishing.

There's other types of meat - you can get meat from killing cows, elk, chickens, boars, etc. If you have a knife or machete you can skin and quarter them and get meat and other things such as skins, feathers, etc. So you can do more than just fish!

There's other types of meat - you can get meat from killing cows, elk, chickens, boars, etc. If you have a knife or machete you can skin and quarter them and get meat and other things such as skins, feathers, etc. So you can do more than just fish!

I know, I just wanted to say that I only cook once and vote for the first choice  :)

Nice sig by the way (Zombieland?).

Edited by Papanowel
  • Like 1

Never found someone's tent or made a bow. Just when i've had the tools to make a bow I've always made a fishing rod.

Edited by St. Jimmy

Nice sig by the way (Zombieland?).

Yep. As I run through Chernarus it's kinda how I envision things, and I try to keep things humorous and not get too serious. I'm always looking for that last Twinkie...

I've over meme'd lately but I just can't help myself...

bag.jpeg

You're the most cringeworthy person I have ever encountered on the Forums. Congratulations.

Most everything.

I really do enjoy the deeper aspects of the game. I can't wait until survival is truly difficult, and the deathmatch fucks start dropping like flies.

Haven't done fishing yet. Too many tools involved, and I am currently satisfied with hunting to bother with it. Haven't found a tent in this game yet at all, not as loot and not someone elses. I haven't tried blood transfusion because it is somewhat pointless when you can regain blood much easier and relatively fast by just eating and drinking.

Tried all the rest.

Have to say that i very, very nearly died of hypothermia yesterday, in the nick of time I managed to find the components to make a fire. My vision has never been so blurred and it took around 2 hours of gameplay to return to full health - could have done with a transfusion then.

But point taken.