Cartoonrboy

HARDCORE | FINALdayZ | Epoch Survival | The TOUGHEST Server in DayZ

The best thing about DayZ is the stories it creates through unscripted, emergent game-play. Awesome post Owen.

AFTERSHOCK

Nuclear explosions cause tremors which can be felt throughout the isles of Namalsk.

The ageing exposed buildings, having been beaten by storms and panic, may succumb to the convulsions of the earth, transformed into yet another hazard among the bleak ruins of civilisation. Some of the structures may be vital to local transit, or serve as a way-point for weary survivors. What is true is that even the very ground you walk upon is out to get you.

FFGeIBH.jpg

Stay ALIVE!

Edited by Cartoonrboy
  • Like 2

Thanks for letting me do my Journal ARTyom. My power went off briefly while I was playing, so I'm almost scared to log in again XD

Here's my Journal, I linked this thread as well. If anyone reads it, please pay note to the trade list. Thanks ARTyom.

Kilroys Journal

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/223510-finaldayz-kilroys-journal/?p=2246066#entry2246066

• Like 3

Bump, deserves to be on the first page at the very least. Days 3 and 4 now up at

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/223510-finaldayz-kilroys-journal/?p=2246066#entry2246066

Indeed.

The admins are fair and friendly (don't expect free loot, but help is almost worth more when it's so easy to die), the mods are active, food is scarce, trash can be useful, the environment is slowly killing you, the zombies hit harder than Babe Ruth on a peak day, the Bandits always have a third partner who never shows himself until you're almost done looting the bodies of his two dead friends you just managed to kill with your makarov and hatchet before bandaging yourself up from an AK wound, and have just found a box of painkillers on the second guy when that missing third bandit no-scopes you from 200m with his 12ga. Shoutgun slugs and you don't have any more bandages so you rush him with your hatchet and manage to beat him to death and just when your vision starts getting blurry you stop bleeding and you've looted all the bodies and the building but now remember that it's a 4-mile run to your base, which is deep into enemy territory, past the radiation zone and the military patrols and three bandit camps and 2 military bases and all you've got is about 1000 blood, a makarov with two mags and an AKM with 1 mag and a hatchet and a 15-slot backpack and some civilian clothes which you hope won't be two bloodied before you make it home so that you can recycle them for canvas (you've got a Ghillie at home) and before you freeze to death and even though you've been trying to stay sane by burying the dead (Bandits or Zed) and you're glad to be alive you can't help but wonder why you left the mainland for this frozen outpost and even though your skills are being honed and you think you will be able to make it back in one piece you can't help but wonder if maybe it would have been better to visit a server where they have custom loadouts and canned food and vehicles everywhere and just as you think about logging out you peek into a barracks and discover an M4A1 with 3 rounds of STANAG and an M203 attachment, and suddenly your bad day just got a little better.

• Like 2

When the outlook is bleak I feel more alive and fight harder to stay so...

AMBIENT Ageing

There are several ambient sound effects buried within the world to scare and warn players about their environment. All senses must be engaged to assist surviving these dayz...

Whenever a bridge such as this in encountered it's wise to use all your senses to gauge its strength. Crossing within a vehicle is surely a risky endeavour given the sounds it makes.

aOL3o1Y.jpg

Stay ALIVE!

Edited by Cartoonrboy

BLOODSUCKERS

Military areas have become overrun by these foul creatures. Only the nuke can eradicate the menace, but that may take some time to strike.

Until then you'd best avoid certain valued areas. Unless you're prepared and/or monster hunting, or this'll be the last thing you'll see...

LaxYsI8.jpg

Stay ALIVE!

• Like 1

is this for arma 2 only boys? im so interrested in this cant find out oh wait your skype lol one sec

• Like 1

is this for arma 2 only boys? im so interrested in this cant find out oh wait your skype lol one sec

Well, this is the DayZ Mod (for Arma 2) forum, so...

If you have Arma 2 OA, come join us! We'd be glad to have someone to commiserate die with.

• Like 1

yeah just trying to get it all set up now any details i need to get into server? like ahh i just search it up im not lazy!

• Like 1

ElectroMagnetic Pulse

Thought not directly harmful to humans, an EMP blast will disable electrical devices and can, in some cases cause an overload of the systems producing any number of abhorrent affects.

A by-product of the nuke, the EMP will cause some vehicles to become unstable and may cause a fatal shock. There's no warning as to when this may happen, therefore what once felt completely safe is now potentially deadly.

LjUoonZ.jpg

Stay ALIVE!

Edited by Cartoonrboy
  • Like 1

yeah just trying to get it all set up now any details i need to get into server? like ahh i just search it up im not lazy!

Download dayzlauncher and search for finaldayz.

• Like 1

NEW Server Available

FINALdayZ Battle Royale is an extreme survival mod that plunges players into a bloody game mode where only the crazy, the brave and the foolish come to be champions.

Based on the book/movie Battle Royale, this mod provides a unique gameplay experience. The rules are simple. Everybody spawns inside a barn, with backpacks containing food, drink and some guns, authentic to the original story. You are locked in place, and after a countdown, it's every man for themselves! 

7GWIGFb.png

Stay ALIVE!

Edited by Cartoonrboy

Even in the Apocalypse there can be signs of hope...

2015-04-14_00001.jpg?dl=0

• Like 1

I was playing here last night and found the server incredibly immerse and well put together. There are a lot of (custom?) features I've never even seen before on the mod anywhere else. Makes such a nice change from all those overpoch servers with donator pay-to-win, thousands of vehicles and traders. Look forward to continue my adventure!

Questions: (Apologies if I missed the answers)

Are the zombies meant to be slow only? (no runners)

Are there traders? Hope not..

• Like 2

Are the zombies meant to be slow only? (no runners)

Are there traders? Hope not..

Yes, the zombies are slow only. They were that way initially, and ARTyom tried out running zombies, but the game turned into a running simulator instead. Keep in mind that the zombies usually knock you out in one hit, have 3x the normal spawn rate, are stealthy, and have crazy high health (headshots are really the only economical way to kill them).

Also, there are now bloodsuckers on the server. Beware, and watch for their eyes. They don't despawn.

There is one trader (as mentioned on the front page), and he is not AI, nor does he trade in gold. If you want to find him, log on when he's playing and message him. You can also reach him via the forums at Enjin (he's on here too, but I don't remember his DayZ forum username).

• Like 2

When you say running simulator (when there was faster zombies), how do you mean exactly?

This discussion should be held on the forum. It is an interesting and important topic which provokes strong feelings from players.

INTO the WILD

Namalsk is a survivalists dream. Rugged terrain and challenging weather ensure that only those individuals with the right skills will survive.

On the southern isles there are wildmen, their survival down entirely to self reliance. They can be called upon to aid weary travelers, they can drive and will shoot hostiles including zombies. Their homes recognised by the meat stands...

LlWOQ9z.jpg

Stay ALIVE!

• Like 3

Just make sure you do not come between your wildman and the zombie he is trying to shoot! They are wild they do not care.

Edited by Jerry Kann
  • Like 1

Just make sure you do not come between your wildman and the zombie he is trying to shoot! They are wild they do not care.

They're not too bright eh?

AMAZING!

The cargo containers littering Lubjansk seem to meander a hidden path towards the large industrial building.

But it is unclear whether they were trying to prevent access or escape. The only way to know for sure is to solve the maze. Curiosity never did any harm?

cvc0uMw.jpg

Stay ALIVE!

Edited by Cartoonrboy
  • Like 1

This is the place to be for any player who can appreciate survival over anything else. The harsh weather environment adds a challenge along with dynamic AI whom will take you down if you're not aware. Currently the player-base is around 5-12 which is already challenging, I've come across multiple players already since Namalsk is not that big and only has a few key locations. The roaming AI, bloodsuckers and even the infected provide a challenge that great, even playing as the only player on the server will provide you with a hard time to survive! You can craft almost everything that goes into your toolbelt slot as well! Aside the great script features there's also the awesome community and the staff team that cares about the opinion and feedback of it's community.

As a player who has tried multiple gamemodes and communities, this is where I stay.

• Like 3

Better than LIFE

Few of us enjoy the simplicity and calm of a rustic existence, particularly when most are dead or undead.

When the day is spent and your legs are weary of roaming the world what better place to unwind than a house by the shore, creature comforts included. There are several of these abandoned homes awaiting brave new inhabitants...

IvFZAfd.jpg

Stay ALIVE!

HOMELAND; IP:178.33.226.75:2332

Chernarus. Well traveled yet at times unfamiliar, the best of us know the motherland as we know our enemies.

But appearances can be deceptive and assumptions can be deadly. Make your mark on this beloved territory, but this time your expectations will be challenged  in the FINALdayZ of Chernarus...

wX39NH8.jpg

Stay ALIVE!

Edited by Cartoonrboy

The DEADzone

During the outbreak many fled to the airfield hoping to escape the undead nightmare.

Their rusting vehicles paused in time as their attempts to flee failed. There's opportunities to loot here, as well as a place to call home. But there's more to discover than meets the eye.

9KNvZoM.jpg

Stay ALIVE!

Edited by Cartoonrboy

Hi, I have a few questions regarding your server(s).

First off, is this entirely PVE? I can respect some people like to try PVE. But I can't make it feel right as a legit way of playing, MAYBE if certain areas were pvp/pve based it could work.

Regardless is it entirely PVE??

Also secondly, do you have both a chernarus and namalsk server up? I see both maps in screenshots but just want some confirmation :) 

And lastly, are these servers secure? As in will they be up for the better part of the next few months? I've always wanted a solid epoch server to play on, but a lot of the time they shut down within a month. I'm looking to commit to a server, make a story and play DayZ properly. But I can't do that if the server won't be up :P 

Thank you in advance for the answers, I really love how dedicated your community seems to be towards hardcore play which is in essence what DayZ SHOULD have been. I'd love to make my own story on something like this :)

• Like 2

So I've been playing on this server a bit, seems awesome so far! Might even do a vid on it, hopefully get some other players into it ;) 

• Like 1