Cartoonrboy

HARDCORE | FINALdayZ | Epoch Survival | The TOUGHEST Server in DayZ

Still buggy for DayZlauncher. Messup with the command line parameters, and DZL devs give zero fs.

I strongly suggest that everyone who is interested in this unique experience to use the batchfile and give it a try.

• Like 1

VICTORIAN AGE

Since the apocalypse the sophisticated communications networks have failed. The military presence have been forced to rely on Morse code to transmit information.

This ancient code is decipherable and provides clues as to the locations of several military vehicles hidden within the islands. Seek out radio towers to intercept these transmissions with a radio for their valuable intel.

QeVW3Zl.jpg

Stay ALIVE!

Edited by Cartoonrboy

DUSK till DAWN

Daylight hours enjoy the luxury of light. But it is strange to find that most players here prefer the night. It is colder too and with no moon very difficult to see much without assistance.

Night vision goggles are a luxury, or rely on your flares to make a truly apocalyptic scene. The undead are out there, in the fog. You can hear them growling. Pray that you see the sunrise again...

NMPQlZn.jpg

Stay ALIVE!

Edited by Cartoonrboy

Interior Designer Add functioning furniture to your base to make it a home.

Can you tell me more about this? What are the details? Do you have a video?

Edited by dayzgame

Interior Designer Add functioning furniture to your base to make it a home.

Can you tell me more about this? What are the details? Do you have a video?

With no traders the gold is used to 'buy' (spawn) furniture for your home. Most items in the following picture can be used or have an effect somehow:

• The cooker hob can cook food/boil water just like a fire.
  • The stove heats the room.
  • The laptop shows a video feed from the cameras installed (from the mod) around the house.
  • Water barrels act as wells.
  • The radio plays music.
  • The vending machine gives cans of pop for tin bars (chance of failure).
  • The medicine cabinet grants antibiotics, painkillers at the cost/use of a bandage; no bandage grants only painkillers.
  • The satellite phone calls airdrops (GPS, horwire kit and radio required).
  • The military radios play the EBS (emergency broadcast system).
  • Arial's pick up the coded military transmissions (radio required)...

os9UOaf.jpg

bDb8OlF.jpg

There's also en extensive crafting script. Some examples are included within this video (from the old Chernarus server). This is just scratching the surface of what's included, and I'd rather not spoil the ongoing discoveries...

Edited by Cartoonrboy
  • Like 1

Player PERSISTENCE

At the time of writing the FINALdayZ server has seen something which is surprising. For the last 7 days there has been at least one player on the server at all times.

This means that for 7 days straight the server has never been empty, even throughout the night and in fact continues at this moment. This is almost unique to this server and shows the huge commitment the player-base has for it and serves as validation of it's credentials.

If you like DayZ, if you enjoy survival and if you want to challenge your skills as a survivalist then you should take a look at this server to provide a unique survival experience, tougher than most and uncompromising in it's design. There's a buzzing and active community at FINALdayZsurvivor.net which welcomes new players of any expertise or experience...

c0c9GyC.jpg

Stay ALIVE!

Edited by Cartoonrboy

With no traders the gold is used to 'buy' (spawn) furniture for your home. Most items in the following picture can be used or have an effect somehow:

• The cooker hob can cook food/boil water just like a fire.
  • The stove heats the room.
  • The laptop shows a video feed from the cameras installed (from the mod) around the house.
  • Water barrels act as wells.
  • The radio plays music.
  • The vending machine gives cans of pop for tin bars (chance of failure).
  • The medicine cabinet grants antibiotics, painkillers at the cost/use of a bandage; no bandage grants only painkillers.
  • The satellite phone calls airdrops (GPS, horwire kit and radio required).
  • The military radios play the EBS (emergency broadcast system).
  • Arial's pick up the coded military transmissions (radio required)...

os9UOaf.jpg

bDb8OlF.jpg

There's also en extensive crafting script. Some examples are included within this video (from the old Chernarus server). This is just scratching the surface of what's included, and I'd rather not spoil the ongoing discoveries...

Thank you! I didn't know this mod existed. I'll definitely be giving it a try.

• Like 1

A2 BUNKER

The bunker at A2 harbours a weapon crate; the stockpile is used by the bandit Ai which roams the islands looking for targets to kill and food to steal. They are not well equipped, although they carry some items for your continued survival.

The approach to the bunker is hazardous as the bandit Ai attempt to halt your intention to loot. Not only that but the military forces are also interested in preventing any access; regular bombardment of the site is initiated off-shore, attempting to secure the contents and deny exploitation of the bunker. Dare you enter A2?

HckzSgm.jpg

Stay ALIVE!

Edited by Cartoonrboy

LOST!

With no map waypoints it's all too easy to become disorientated whilst driving at night. Despite the lack of scale compared to Chernarus, Namalsk can confuse players causing them to become lost very easily.

Orienteering is very important here as is having a compass. Knowing the direction you're headed is a massive boost to your survival chances. Your watch can be broken into a compass and this is one of the first things to do, once a knife has been crafted from a razor and other items. Getting lost on Namalsk is not good. Getting lost at night, in the freezing fog, with no food and the undead knocking at the door is deadly.

1f8W4um.jpg

Stay ALIVE!

Edited by Cartoonrboy

NAMALSK VETERANS

A tentative meet was arranged for a photo shoot. Some survivors thought it was a trap, but after some reassurance they showed to get shot, sort of.

Although friendly within the confines of Alakit the players here take on their own rules after they disappear into the darkness. I have never met a more hardy bunch of survivalists and they deserve commendations for their continued commitment to a server which grants very little comfort. Thanks guys; you're legendary.

tCJiWcQ.jpg

Stay ALIVE!

Edited by Cartoonrboy
  • Like 2

EMP

When the nuclear strikes the EMP blast ruins the electronics of any airbourne vehicle. This jet crash is a direct result of the event which takes place at a random time.

The crash site harbours valuable items to secure, but it is visible for miles around which can only mean that other survivors may also be interested in securing it's potential riches. Crash sites are much easier to find at night due to their luminosity and provide respite from the long dark nights on Nam...

JaWiuPX.jpg

Stay ALIVE!

Edited by Cartoonrboy

SUNSET on Nam...

7V8ILV5s.jpg    6Pm0facs.jpg    ZnfvqCgs.jpg    ZhHyc4Ts.jpg    psA8SGqs.jpg    peTf5Jss.jpg    

TOBEVlos.jpg    aFJPgsJs.jpg    w7Geqays.jpg    IA2uVG2s.jpg    ehjc0vcs.jpg    Z915Uoes.jpg    

JYnlEzIs.jpg    JLyJT5ts.jpg    I7jpgw0s.jpg    jmrG2nUs.jpg    sHHK58Us.jpg    47RbOczs.jpg

zCtvzjls.jpg    nB5c9Ros.jpg    VQqujLPs.jpg    Nq6FGK5s.jpg    XsX65kMs.jpg    9DucNvns.jpg    

try to stay ALIVE!

Edited by Cartoonrboy

HOLIDAY in the SUN

The frozen wastes of Namalsk are being left behind for a little while in favour of a trip to the mainland. We have some idea on what to expect when we arrive, but in vaster numbers.

We will be departing for Chernarus on 22nd February. We will stay for, as yet an unknown amount of time but we hope to find more than we bargained for. If you like hardcore, or you can build, and if you enjoy actually having to play the game then come and visit our Chernarus from 22nd february.

Dw3domW.jpg

Stay ALIVE!

Edited by Cartoonrboy

PRIMARY mission

Seraja army base can be seen from almost anywhere on Namalsk. Its spire reaches 100m or more and broadcasts a repeating message for the militant.

Intercepting the message is not easy as there are bandits within the grounds, guarding what rare loot may be there. Occasionally the elite military presence uses the location to fill vehicles and sort supplies and getting through them is a veteran task. What you'll discover there is entirely worth the effort...

D8hGfsH.jpg

Stay ALIVE!

Edited by Cartoonrboy

Natural REMEDY

There are very few medicines on Namalsk. It's usual to head for the local hospital, but after so much time the health centre is no longer viable for several reasons.

It's wiser to seek natural remedies for all your medicinal needs. It's well documented that Cannabis can numb pain; this plantation can provide all the supplies you may need, not to mention the pleasing side effects. You'll just need to find it first...

u3yEonQ.jpg

Stay ALIVE!

Edited by Cartoonrboy

DEATH from INACTION

Sitting on a hillside far from the un-dead or bandits, death still becomes me through hypothermia. You must take action if you're to survive here.

This took less than an hour and is proof that this server deserves a hardcore classification and will challenge even the best players in DayZ. Test yourself for the right to survive in this decaying world against zombies, bandits, infection, starvation, dehydration, hypothermia and of course each other.

Udg94xx.jpg

Stay ALIVE!

Edited by Cartoonrboy

This server has been almost exactly what I've been searching for; hardcore survival, limited loot and vehicles, many craftable objects, building fortification and custom construction, dark nights, cold weather and very dangerous zombies. The only thing I don't like is that building construction is artificially limited in some towns. Fortifying an existing house is the best way to create a first base. With all the available crafting and construction it has more of a virtual world or MMO feel to it, rather than that of just a shooter. Unfortunately, my ping is a little high but it seems to be playing ok so far.

Edited by dayzgame
  • Like 1

The only thing I don't like is that building construction is artificially limited in some towns.

Hey dayzgame - thanks for the input. Building restrictions are there to stop players building in areas which are for the benefit of every player. I feel this is better than making rules for everyone to remember. The restrictions were tightened up a few weeks ago but if there's any specific areas which you have issues with then just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

I'm real glad you are still playing on this server after all, it's nothing without you. Cheers bro...

The low temperatures alone will make every experienced DayZ player struggle.

It's really more a role play game than a shooter if set up this way.

Concerning the building - it's probably still less limited than most Epoch servers.

You don't need a plotpole and you can fortify every existing builing if you're not blocking areas off.

• Like 1

Hey dayzgame - thanks for the input. Building restrictions are there to stop players building in areas which are for the benefit of every player. I feel this is better than making rules for everyone to remember. The restrictions were tightened up a few weeks ago but if there's any specific areas which you have issues with then just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

I'm real glad you are still playing on this server after all, it's nothing without you. Cheers bro...

With the exception of spawn points and missions, why not let players make the building restrictions dynamically? The entire game is basically about collecting resources. If one player builds on or near resources then they should naturally expect to be frequently attacked and raided for those resources. However, you need to make raids more plausible by removing indestructible cinder. Nothing should be indestructible on a hardcore server. If you want bases to be more durable then simply increase the armor of the walls; don't make them invulnerable. Currently cinder walls are at 3400 armor and wood at 2200. You could double or triple those to achieve the desired balance. In addition, chainsaws, padlocks, and lockboxes should be removed from mission loot. These make it both too easy to store supplies and build in high traffic areas, and too easy to break in to all buildings. These items are intended to be very rare; the chainsaw only has a 1% chance to drop as a farm weapon, combolocks only have a 4% and 5% chance of dropping on worker and police zombies respectively, and lockboxes only have a 4% chance to drop on office zombies. These were made rare for good reason, because it should not be easy to stash supplies and build over or lock up a resource, nor too easy to break in.

Are safes only obtained through airdrops? What are the steps and how difficult is an airdrop to achieve?

Edited by dayzgame
  • Like 1

Awesome server. I'm really having fun, much more than I was having in the crowded servers with loadouts and tons of loot. It just wasn't very challenging.

And this coming from a new DayZ player. 

Edited by apsinc
  • Like 1

HELL frozen OVER

Namalsk rarely provides comfort. In some case it swings between extremes of searing heat and debilitating cold.

This explosion was the result of a well placed IED which caused a chain reaction, destroying further vehicles and equipment within proximity. It's a great loss, but worth it for the spectacle.

L431CRJ.jpg

Stay ALIVE!

• Like 1

...you need to make raids more plausible by removing indestructible cinder. Nothing should be indestructible on a hardcore server. If you want bases to be more durable then simply increase the armor of the walls; don't make them invulnerable. Currently cinder walls are at 3400 armor and wood at 2200. You could double or triple those to achieve the desired balance. In addition, chainsaws, padlocks, and lockboxes should be removed from mission loot. These make it both too easy to store supplies and build in high traffic areas, and too easy to break in to all buildings. These items are intended to be very rare; the chainsaw only has a 1% chance to drop as a farm weapon, combolocks only have a 4% and 5% chance of dropping on worker and police zombies respectively, and lockboxes only have a 4% chance to drop on office zombies. These were made rare for good reason, because it should not be easy to stash supplies and build over or lock up a resource, nor too easy to break in.

During our 14 day holiday to Chernarus, starting at midnight this Monday morning, the Namalsk PBO will be rebuilt to make it more efficient and streamlined. There are several tweaks to game-play planned which will push the server further into hardcore classification. I'm sure you'll appreciate the result.

Your suggestions aren't far off the mark...

Edited by Cartoonrboy

Play here, you won't be disappointed. Be prepared for one of the best survival experiences DayZ Epoch has to offer :)

• Like 1