Faneto

My screen is blurry due to the fire I made :c

I made a fire because my character almost died from cold and I accidentally approached the fire too much and it said "My face is melting!" etc and now my screen is a bit blurry yet I can see but it's very very annoying and I can't play like that in the PvP servers. I got a good gear on me I achieved for long! There's no way to heal it up? 

Eat and drink. Get to bright green and healing. It takes some time so no pvp for you for a bit. Go hunt an animal....but don't get to close to the fire!

• Like 1

You might want to try adjusting looking at your graphics settings...

Edited by Pillock

There is a bug where the screen goes blurry when it shouldn't. Or the effect sticks even after healing. Try just hitting escape, then go to configure>video, if its bugged the effect will go away as soon as you enter that menu. If its not bugged you have 2 options, heal up by eating ect....or cheat and disable post processing, I think that's the option anyways :)

• Like 1

Grab a friend and hit a low pop server, post up in a tower and strip all your gear.  Jump off and have your buddy guard your stuff and run back.  simple.

There is a bug where the screen goes blurry when it shouldn't. Or the effect sticks even after healing. Try just hitting escape, then go to configure>video, if its bugged the effect will go away as soon as you enter that menu. If its not bugged you have 2 options, heal up by eating ect....or cheat and disable post processing, I think that's the option anyways  :)

This would be my first choice.

Last time It happen to me I just sat by the fire with a healing status for ~15min and the screen was fine after that!

....or cheat and disable post processing...

So changing graphic settings is cheating now?

• Like 1

When its to negate an effect ment to limit your ability in geme.....yes ;)

• Like 1

I got the blurry screen from getting too cold (plus I lost blood from being hit by a zombie :3). Just eat and drink until you are 'healing' and it will quickly go back to normal :)

I had a friend who did this, the problem with that is, do it often enough and you have no visual indication just how fucked up you really are. Then a zombie one-shotted him into unconsciousness and I lied and said I had nothing to revive him with :P

• Like 1

Alright alright, I have post processing off because I lag when I use it.

But does it really matter? Not really in my opinion, because I'm always healthy at this game.

Alright alright, I have post processing off because I lag when I use it.

But does it really matter? Not really in my opinion, because I'm always healthy at this game.

Wait until .50 rolls out to stable ;)

Wait until .50 rolls out to stable ;)

We'll see. ;) I made my preperations for this update, don't worry. 

Edited by Yazar8

I get the blurry screen almost every time I spawn in or take any type of damage.

Quickly enter your in-game video options then exit them...works for me.

Maybe 2 weeks ago I started a fire and for some reason got stuck over top of it in the "making fire" animation, the whole time I was getting burned. By the time I could finally move my screen was grey and incredibly blurry. I didn't have much food at the time, but I was 5 minutes from Elektro. I tried looting all of Elektro and not a drop of food. Headed over to Cherno and it was like a giant buffet spread - after wasting time scouring all of Elektro it ended up taking me nearly 2 hours before I'd gotten engergized, hydrated, and from healing to healthy.

Takes awhile but just heal per usual it goes away. Man I can't wait until they fix the video settings bug.

Your questions already answered by now. Same thing happened to me, just back up from the fire and face away from it. Your vision should take a few minutes to come back but it will!

Cheers!

I made a fire because my character almost died from cold and I accidentally approached the fire too much and it said "My face is melting!" etc and now my screen is a bit blurry yet I can see but it's very very annoying and I can't play like that in the PvP servers. I got a good gear on me I achieved for long! There's no way to heal it up?

Every time your screen goes blurry it because you are low on health (black and white -> low on blood) It is your only in game indicator that you are low on health.

Generally fighting when you are low on health(or blood) is inadvisable, since pretty much anything will cause you to die (or fall unconscious). So you should heal up. generally it is always good to be energized and hydrated, since it means that you are always healing.

Changing graphical setting in general no. Changing a specific setting to by pass an ingame mechanic yes.