Sign in to follow this  
Classic Carl

Government/Private Laboratory Facility

I am very positive that if there was a zombie apocalypse there will be government or private lab(s) and their personnel conducting experiments in the early stages of the event on zombies/humans alike trying to find a cure for this devastation. But in this case, in DayZ Standalone, the laboratory facility would involve only a few zombies walking around the grounds and inside you will find hospital beds covered in blood and clean rooms that conducted, in this case, failed experiments. The lab itself could be found in a major city or military base.

Existing loot that could be found in the lab facility: Syringes, blood bags, other medical supplies, dust/particle mask

Possible new loot that could be found in the lab facility: Hazardous Materials suit aka HazMat suit(helmet/torso/pants)(optional colours), Laboratory coat(optional colours-white is pretty common though), Safety glasses or goggles  

Feel free to leave a post that includes suggestions for this topic!

Hahaha...Classic Carl

• Like 8

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand beans

I like it, I want to see it, beans.

Or the virus was created by the crazy Canadians and they used Chernarus as a testing ground.  :o   Mind = blown

The lab itself could be found in a major city or military base.

If I were to set up a high profile research facility to deal with apocalypse class virus. It would not be in major city or mill base. 

It would in a remote hard to reach place. So that when everything else gets over run it can still function instead of being in the centre of the shit storm. 

Or the virus was created by the crazy Canadians and they used Chernarus as a testing ground.   :o   Mind = blown

Just because they released Bieber into the world doesn't mean they would go ahead and create a world ending virus. 

Than again I don't know which one is worse. 

Edited by General Zod

i want a Lab Coat even if i stand out
Their Just Awesome

i want a Lab Coat even if i stand out

Their Just Awesome

Hell yes, lets hope we see more uncommon clothing of a more role play nature.. Trench coats and welding goggles !

• Like 1

Trench coats

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Trench coats!!!!!

• Like 1

And a business suit to role play slender man with a sack on your head stalking people in a forest at night ^_^

• Like 1

Unlikely that there are any research laboratories in Chernarus (with the exception oflaboratories at hospitals and factories), for the simple reason Chernarus is a poor andsmall country of the former USSR and the player is mainly in rural areas and inrelatively small citiesSo it's possible there are only laboratories, hospital laboratories to the veterinary and hygienic services or in some factories

Edited by Uweron1010

what would be cool as well if they added these facilities and we could interact and use the lab and equipment so we could play the role of these government scientists doing these experiments it would create the atmosphere and create a story for those who encountered said lab and the folks running it maybe they capture you and do experiments on you maybe you join them and go baiting survivors into the lab with promises of rare loot. things like that would really get the imerssion to the next level and also give people things to do rather than the same ol shit.

If I were to set up a high profile research facility to deal with apocalypse class virus. It would not be in major city or mill base. 

It would in a remote hard to reach place. So that when everything else gets over run it can still function instead of being in the centre of the shit storm. 

Just because they released Bieber into the world doesn't mean they would go ahead and create a world ending virus. 

Than again I don't know which one is worse. 

actually the fact that bieber exists and is famous and the fact that people listen to his music is a reason to create a zed plague and kill everyone.

• Like 1

I like it, I really really want hazmat suits in ever since I played the mod on Celle. Maybe if they made those piles of dead corpses dangerous to go near then they could place them near some high value loot sites. Then it gives the gasmask/hazmat suit a purpose. Maybe even have different types of infection, some that have to be inhaled, so gas mask will do. Then some where you get sick even if it contacts your skin, so there hazmat suit is best. Could even make the desiese pool at each place....and its existence dynamic on server restart like helo crashes.

The place itself I think should be away from civilisation as zod says....I was thinking that new cave they added. If that could dead end in a bunker type door then it could be located under the mountain. Could be a few ways to get past the door, maybe a keycard that's hyper rare loot on a low chance to spawn zed (maybe a scientist that spwans in mill areas every now and then). Or blow it open with a satchel charge/many grenades...or just find it open and pick through whats left :)

Very nice idea and near the laboratory some destroyed tanks zombie soldiers and heavy military gear guarded not only by the zombie soldiers but by 3,4 beefy monstrous looking zomboyds (about 1,5 to 2 times the size of a schwarzenegger in his prime :P ) which will attack anything near them (also the fellow zombie soldiers)  which were product of failed experiments in the laboratories!! >:{D 

Also signs that warn you for their existence.. like isolated rooms with broken doors human bodies around etc