Sign in to follow this  
SNPxASSASSIN

Quicker roll-out of the Hero/ Bandit system

Just a quick suggestion, add a way to symbolize yourself as a hero or a bandit rather than just saying so, it might add a bit more trustability to the game and etc. Comment your ideas on how to implement this :)

No. Part of the game is the ambiguity, the tension, the fear. The ability to just tag yourself removes part of that. Even if you DID add such a system, Bandits would just label themselves as heroes as an easy way to gain someone's trust before stabbing them in the back. It won't help whatsoever, and I don't think it should be added at all.

• Like 6

They can achieve a bandit and hero system in the game and one that is not restrictive on the clothing or that would require any art assets to separate the two .

They can simply adopt the Red orchestra 2 approach.

In red orchestra the axis and allies each had a very different set of animations that would allow the player to sorta identify friend or foe from a distance.

The devs can do this by having two distinct animation sets for the most common actions in the game tiny subtle clues to show what type of player you are.

Here is an example

Allies sprint with both hands on their weapon with a more upright position.

RedOrchestra2screen2.jpg

Now the axis sprint with a crouched stance and with one hand to the side, one hand grasping their primary weapon.

23.jpg

My point is still that there shouldn't be an easy identifier for players. They should always have to guess, they should fear other players and question their motives. To make an easy on-sight way to tell would be dull, and take away that component from player interactions.

• Like 2

Hero/Bandit system is never going to be added.  Any system they do add would be exploited like the Mod's humanity system, Those two 'heros' that wave you down are gonna handcuff you and beat the shit out of you, steal your blood and let a zombie kill you so they don't get the 'heat' from killing you.

• Like 1

If i were a bandit i would want to dress/act as a hero.

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 2

As above there is no humanity type system planned for development, that was a deliberate design decision.

• Like 2

Hero/Bandit system is never going to be added.  Any system they do add would be exploited like the Mod's humanity system, Those two 'heros' that wave you down are gonna handcuff you and beat the shit out of you, steal your blood and let a zombie kill you so they don't get the 'heat' from killing you.

though that is a Step up from the Current KoS ^_^ lol I want my Blood stolen and then be Feed to Zombies it sounds More interesting than a Plain 'you are dead' :o

I get the decision the dev's made and i do get the fact that it should always be a guessing game as it would be irl. But really though I was thinking of a way to reward heroes for being good to maybe encourage less banditing in the game because as of now it's essentially a team death match.

Even if you DID add such a system, Bandits would just label themselves as heroes as an easy way to gain someone's trust before stabbing them in the back. It won't help whatsoever, and I don't think it should be added at all.

Pretty true... theres 2 types of people who say they are friendly in dayz... truly friendly people and unfriendly people who dont have the advantage at this moment.

Pretty true... theres 2 types of people who say they are friendly in dayz... truly friendly people and unfriendly people who dont have the advantage at this moment.

Of course their are only two types of "friendly" people on DayZ. You are pointing out the painfully obvious right there.

No. Part of the game is the ambiguity, the tension, the fear. The ability to just tag yourself removes part of that. Even if you DID add such a system, Bandits would just label themselves as heroes as an easy way to gain someone's trust before stabbing them in the back. It won't help whatsoever, and I don't think it should be added at all.

While I do agree that we don't need it, it was never as simple as just "tagging" yourself. Each skin had to be earnt, bandit through kills, hero through medical actions. Sure big groups could abuse it and all have a hero skin, but that was pretty easy to spot and it was a good way to gauge a lone wolf back in the day :)

While I do agree that we don't need it, it was never as simple as just "tagging" yourself. Each skin had to be earnt, bandit through kills, hero through medical actions. Sure big groups could abuse it and all have a hero skin, but that was pretty easy to spot and it was a good way to gauge a lone wolf back in the day :)

I'm talking about what he said here. But, as stated, it was a deliberate design choice not to have it, and I completely disagree with its addition now.